Chapter 28.

You're My Star

-Jonghyun’s POV-

“What I can’t like a girl is it?” I said which made her shot death glare at me.

“Can’t you ever be serious?” She asked well she wasn’t pleased and that’s one thing I can figure out.

“Sorry. I like you. Well because you’re different. I mean you don’t act unnaturally around me. You just stay being you.” I explained and made her nod her head.

“You mean I don’t fan girl or be a y kind to impress you.” She restated as I nod my head. “In other words I don’t like you.” I was still nodding when she said that which made me stopped and look at her.

“Wait what?” I asked out of confusion.

“Keep driving! Eyes on the road! My gosh! What are you a stunt driver? If you are let me live!” She freaked when I was staring at her. It was probably her technique to skip the topic.

We finally arrive at this sushi restaurant and hopped off. We took a seat on the second floor which is pretty much a VIP lounge. As soon as the waiter walked off with our orders we sat there in silence.

“So… when will the recording start?” I asked trying to break the silence. I wouldn’t call it awkward well maybe it was but either way it wasn’t awkward for me.

“I don’t know. There’s no news about it.” I nod my head as she smiled at me. Her earnest smile just made my heart flutters. Butterflies started to invade my insides sending me electric shocks everywhere.

“Why were you all grumpy just now? I mean while you were on the street.” Even though I know the answer I just wanted to see if she can open up to me.

“Why do you want to know?” She said as she looks at me with those eyes, those cold eyes of hers. A cold chill runs down my spine which made me shuddered in fear.

“Yah, I was just asking you… you don’t have to get all mad at me.” I back out quickly as she kept staring at me. “Eun… Eunmi-ah…”

She giggled as soon as I touched her hands. “Yah! Don’t scare me like that. I thought you’re gonna eat me or something.” I heaved out sigh of relief.

“Jonghyun-ah, Kim Jonghyun.” She said as I hummed a yes. “Why are you being so caring at me lately?” Her sudden question makes me loss of words. “You’re being suspicious lately.” She added making me more nervous.

“Wouldn’t this what all guys do if someone they like is hurt?” I said speaking what I hope is the right thing to say. “I mean, I like you and I hate it to see you down and all and it’s obvious that I care since I like you.” I really want to show her how much she means to me.

“Do you like me that much?” She questioned making my heart fluster. She lowered down her head and smiled at me sweetly.

“Can’t I Eunmi-ah?” My heart feels like as if I’ve been running 5 laps or something. “I like you to the extent that I want to protect you. Is that so wrong?”

She frowns at me and at that time the foods arrived. “But I don’t like clingy men.” She said still frowning at me.

“Ah, lets just discuss this later. Shall we eat first?” I said as I give her my charming smile. She narrow her eyes at me at first but then gives up as she digs in her vegetarian sushi set. “Mmm… it’s nice.” I said.

“Mmm…” She answered. She was so immersed in eating making me giggled at her. “What? Is there something on my face?” She said as she wiped her chin and .

“Ani… you were just cute…” I confessed.

“What? You haven’t seen someone eat before?”

“I have… but the ‘restrained’ kind.” I air quote the restrain part making her chortle.

“The typical head over heels kind of girls ey?” She sneered as she continues eating. I took one another one bite and decided to feed her some kani maki.

“Eunmi-ah, aah~” I said as I carefully move the chopstick towards her. She gave me a look before opening and took it in one bite. “You know you should smile more.” I commented making her smile. “See, you look pretty when you smile.”

“Only when I smile? So if I frown and stuff I don’t?” She questioned and shot me a glare.

“No. You look ugly when you frown. Light up a little bit and don’t ever frown. You’ll have wrinkles if you do.” She made a face and stuck her tongue at me. “Why can’t you smile like this?” I smiled from ear to ear as she laughed at me.

“That’s like creepy smile if you ask me.” She said and continued to giggle. “Your normal erted smile is more than enough.” She added as she tried to cool down.

“Yah! I am not a ert! Why do you keep on calling me that?” I said unsatisfied. “I call you nice stuff like you’re pretty and whatnot but you?” I sighed and placed the chopstick down.

“Why so grumpy, Mr. Mc grumpy?” She said with that exaggerating baby talk. “Is our Jonghyunnie mad? Aww… boohoo~” She added and did that bbuing bbuing pose.

“You are so hateful.” I commented which made her bow her head.

“Why thank you~ there you go, one nasty thing about me.” She said cheerfully.

“Why are you happy receiving bad comments?” I said in confusion. Seriously I don’t get her.

“Because sometimes it’s just easy to get bad compliments.” She answered as she ate her sashimi.

“So why don’t you try to get good compliments?”

“Because then you have to be a stuck up know it all and have to put up with other y people.” She said as she swallowed her food. “I don’t live to impress people you know. But if I do want to impress them than I have a purpose behind it like my career.” She added.

“Point taken. Somehow.” I said confused.

“You don’t get it do you?”

“No I don’t and I don’t think I want to know.” I said quickly as she shrugs.

“Jonghyun-ah,” She said as I look at her. “I know you like me and stuff but things with my heart are kinda complicated right now. Not to mention full of scars.” She added.

“Hey, I can wait. Mine is not actually fully healed yet. Things with Sooyoung is still there but I hope slowly I could you know replace it with well you.” I said making her smile.

Then she looks at me with confusion. “Wait, are you telling me I’m a rebound?” I look at her in shock not knowing how to react. “Kim Jonghyun, tell me. Am I a rebound?”

I wanted to say something but the words were trapped and weren’t able to say anything. “I can’t believe you Jonghyun. I thought I might want to give you a chance but… I guess I stand corrected.” She stood up and left.

What is wrong with me?! Why the heck didn’t I say something? I mean I’m not trying to use her as a rebound. Things just happened! Sungmin-hyung is gonna kill me! Worse I'm gonna lose my chance!

 

 

I WAS SO BAD! I'm so sorry~

I actually planned to update today, 6th October 2012!!

SORRY~ LOL...

But oh well here you go the second update!