Chapter 49

The story of beauty

AN: I apologize for the long update. I have been really busy and kind of lost interest with the story. I apologize again!

_______________________________

Ren

Chunji and his friends were on the road now. He hardly has anytime to even speak to me on the phone now. He's been gone for 5 whole days and I'm missing him like crazy. Today was Duck-Won and Baekho's day. They've gotten much closer ever since I got my job.  I walked to the office after school was over. I was going to go home with Linh today before heading off to work. It was about time that I spent some quality time with Linh. I knocked on the office door and waited. A minute later, Mr.Ki came and opened the door.


"Hi,Minki. How are you?" He asked, whilst opening the door wider. This was really freaking me out. Mr.Ki was usually cold towards people.


"I'm good. And how are you,Mr.Ki?" I asked. I walked through the door where I found Linh packing.


"I'm pretty good" he answered. I nodded my head and headed for Linh.


"Oh hey Rennie, how are you?" 


"I'm good" I answered. I stood by her side as she finished packing.


"You ready to go?" She asked.


"Yep" I answered. We said our goodbyes to Mr.Ki and left. We walked to the bus stop where the bus was already waiting.  Once we got on and seated,Linh began chatting away.


"Tae-Hyun asked me out today!" She said, excitement filling her voice.


"And what was your answer?" I asked, wanting to know.


"I said yes but I don't know"


"What's wrong? Don't you like him?" I asked,shifting in my seat.


"I like him...a lot...but our personalities are too different and I'm an embarrassment"


"It's ok if your personalities aren't the same. How are you an embarrassment"


"...I speak too loud and my personality is too out there. I'll just be embarrassing him" she responded. She looked so saddened.


"If your personality is so annoying then why does he like you,Linh? Your personality is obviously contagious,duh!" I pointed out, looking at her.


"Okay,I'm going on my date tomorrow! I'm so excited and nervous"


"Don't worry,just be yourself around him" I said.


"Ok ok,thank you. So how are you and Chunji doing?" She asked, smoothing out her skirt.


"Hmm...it's going ok. Chunji is now on the road. I miss him so much!" I let out.


"Just be patient,Rennie"


"Yeah I know but I can't help but be so selfish!" I sigh,crossing my arms.


"It's normal. Just don't let your eyes wander around, Rennie!" She warned,pointing her index finger in my face.


"I won't. I really like Chunji"


"Ok,just be careful. Are you working today?"


"Yeah I am...and..." I stopped.


"And...what?"


"JR and I are kind of in a good spot now." I admitted, looking out the window.


"Wow that's great,Rennie"


"Yeah it is"


We rode in silence until our stop came. We got off the bus and walked to the apartment complex. Linh went inside her apartment but promised to come back. I opened the door to our apartment and walked in.


"Mom, I'm home!" I called out,walking to the living room with my shoes on.


"Hi honey" I heard mom say. I turned my attention to the kitchen where I saw my mom coming towards me on her crutches. I really dislike to see her moving around.


"Mom,can you come with me somewhere on Saturday?" I asked, approaching her.


"Why?"


"I want you to meet someone. My boss" I answered.

"Why would your boss want to meet me?"


"I don't know,she just wants to" I answered.


"Alright,I'll come with you on Saturday"


I went to my room and quickly changed to go to work. I got on lime green skinny jeans, a white shirt, and tennis shoes. I grabbed my bag and went to the living room, where Linh was apparently having a fashion show for my mom and Mr.Yi. Linh was in the middle of explaining something when I politely interrupted.


"I'm leaving now! Don't wait up for me,mom. Bye bye Mr.Yi and Linh!" I said,waving. I ran out the door and onto the bus. I got to the house in less that 20 minutes and quickly changed into my uniform. I went around the house dusting and doing laundry, when I heard jR calling out my name. I grabbed the duster and went into the kitchen where I found JR sitting at the counter. There were no maids around today because they were visiting family. And Mrs.Kim was staying at the hospital until Friday.


"Hi,Jonghyun!" I greeted him,setting down the duster.


"Hello Ren,how was your day?" He pointed to the stool next to him. I went and sat by his side.


"It was alright. How was yours?"


"It was ok. Could have been better though" he answered.


"So what do you want to do today?" I asked. I was pretty much done with all of the chores and I had 3 hours to spare. And I didn't feel like going home now.


"I want to watch a Korean drama" he said.


"Okay, but where are we going to watch it?" For the 2 weeks that I've been working here, never had I seen a TV once.


"The living room" he answered,grabbing snacks from the cabinets. I stood there silently, wondering how we were going to watch a drama with just a laptop.
"We do have a TV if that's what you're wondering about" he responded. I then followed him out to the living room. He set the tray of snacks and sodas on the coffee table before walking up to the wall opposite of the couch. I watched in fascination as he pressed a button on the wall. The wall opened up,revealing a flat screen TV and a keyboard.


"Woah! That's so cool!" He turned around and smiled at me before grabbing the keyboard.


"Okay,what drama for you want to watch?" I asked,looking up at the TV.


"You pick. It's been a while since I last saw a Korean drama"


"Okay then, let's just watch a movie instead. Let's watch Wolf Boy."


"Alright then" he said, typing.  An hour and forty five minutes later, we both sat on the couch,  sipping on our milk.


"So what do you want to do now?" I asked, sitting up.


"I don't know." He answered, getting up. I got also got up and followed him to the kitchen.


"I can confide in you right?" JR suddenly uttered, stopping. I came to a halt, wondering why he asked that.


"Yeah you can"


"I'm going to break up with Angie" he said, turning around. I looked at him, confused. I thought they already broke up.


"She's always cheating on me and lying to me. And besides, I found a person who I like" he said, looking up at him. I nodded my head silently. If that's what he wanted, then I was going to support him

"Do what is going to be best for you, Jongin. You have my full support."