Chapter 48

The story of beauty

JR

I was tired of girls who were selfish and repulsive. I remember how Angie had cheated on me. TWICE! I remember the day I broke up with her. It was during lunch, when I pulled her into the hallway.

FLASHBACK:

"What..."She asked with a smile. There was no other way to say it.

"It's over.....for good this time" I said,walking away.

"You think you're so hot that you can just break up with me?" She screamed. I stopped walking and turned around.

"Obviously,that's why you went out with me" I walked away,leaving her to cry her heart out. As soon as I went inside the lunchroom,I saw her friends coming. Her friends are more of her followers. I went to my lunch table and got my bag. I told the guys I wasn't feeling well so I'm going home. I was walking out of the lunchroom when I saw Angie with her friends around her. Her face red with tears.

"It's not you,he's a bastard"

"He may be rich,good-looking and popular but he's still a stupid,arrogant bastard!" I was now becoming a villian. I ignored their insults and walked to my car. I drove out of the school parking lot,towards the Han River. She said she loved me but she only cared about her own feelings,never what I was feeling. I stopped the car and slipped in a Yiruma CD. The piano piece 'Kiss the rain' begun to play,putting me at ease to think more clearly.

As a child,I came to accept that the only people who loved me were my friends,sister and mom. I never believed that my father or any girls had a place in their heart to love me. I ate my dinner happily with my mom,sister and sometimes friends. I was like a wheel that rolled around aimlessly,only driven by the kindness of my mom and close friends. In my house, we were separated only put together by my mom. Until my father found 'the one'.

He said that he would love her forever and even die for her. My father was and still is an egocentric. There was no love for I and Mom.

END of FLASHBACK

I put my car in reverse and drove to Minhyun's house. Luckily, when I got there, it was only Minhyun at home. We sat on the couch, in his family living room.

"JR,what is wrong with you?" I heard Minhyun ask.

"It hurts so much on the inside,but I still have to keep living. I want to go beat up someone until they're brain dead or go somewhere and yell until my lungs tear..." I responded,looking down at my hands.

"I feel like just giving up on life" I said,shaking my head slowly.

"Stupid Jerk. Just because your dad ditched with some young girl and your mom is dying,that doesn't mean you have to quit" Minhyun put his arm around my shoulder and smirked.

"I saw Ren look at Chunji with sparkles in her eyes... I got so annoyed and jealous" I admitted,looking at him.

"There are girls everywhere but you still want to steal someone else's.....wait, don't you have Angie?"

"I dumped her,remember?" I sighed. Minhyun looked at me with a surprised look.

"Do you like MinKi?" I sat there still,not knowing how to respond.

"JR,its okay if you like MinKi. I'm fine with that"

"I'm scared of what she might say" I put my head in the palms of my hands and closed my eyes.

"Hey its going to be okay. You need to tell her how you really feel about her."

"I....umm.... I think..." I trailed off,avoiding eye contact with Minhyun.

"You think you what,JR?"

"I think...I..." I said in an attempt to finish the sentence but I was unable to.

"Hey JR,have you ever heard of the pharse 'the truth will set you free'? That pharse is directed at you,my friend. Now tell me before I lose it"

I gathered my breathe and said it really fast.

"I like MinKi....No... I'm in love with her. She just won't leave me alone. Her being haunts me where ever I am. The moment I close my eyes. My dreams. Even the songs I listen to remind me of Minki" I say,my hands shaking.

"Dude,just let your feelings out. Tell her how you feel"

"How am i supposed to do that? " I mumbled, playing around with my phone.

"Just have a deep open heart to heart conversation with her"

"But...she has a boyfriend!"

"Still, just tell her"

"Alright I will" I let out a sigh, sinking slowly into the couch.