Chapter 3*

The story of beauty

Minhyun

Stop stop breaking my heart, I love you girl, stop stop breaking my heart

My phone rang. It was  good that the class that I was in right now was noisy and the teacher wasn’t paying much attention to us. I turned off the sanding machine and took out my phone.

“Hello” I asked through the phone.

“Minhyun, where are you?” JR asked, over the phone.

 "I'm in woods right now, why?" I asked over the phone.

"The freak show is back and this time he's got stuff at his chest area" He said.

"Really!" I exclaimed over the phone. I looked behind me to see if the teacher was watching, but no he was too busy looking at his phone. *Such a stupid teacher*

"Yeah he really is back!" He said.

"I'll show you after school, tell the others okay" He instructed, hanging up. *Whoa! Choi MinKi is back* that guy didn’t seem to get the fact that he was unwelcomed. About 3 years ago, the gang that I belong in jumped Minki. He came to school dressed as a female. After that incident, I went and asked my mother who’s a female doctor what you called a guy trying to be a girl, and she said that they are called autogynephile (A guy trying to be a girl) or better known as pre-op transual. Now that I knew about it, I felt kind of sorry for her. But I wouldn’t dare tell JR what I thought.

I put my phone back inside my pocket and turned around. I went through the classroom, looking for BaekHo to share the news with him. I found him by the bandsaw, not really doing anything but just standing there.

“Yah, BaekHo” I shouted, but not that loud for everyone to hear us.

“Yeah” He answered, turning his attention towards me. I beckoned for him to follow me to a corner where no one will be able to hear us.

“Choi Minki is back”

“Oh cool” he said nonchalantly.

“You don’t sound that surprised” 

“Why? Should I be?” He asked.

“I think so, since I expected him to run away after all the torture we have put him through” I said.

“Oh” He looked down.

“JR said that he’ll show us after school. Tell Aron when you see him in the halls, okay” 

“Sure I will” He said, walking away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 REN

I wondered around the school and found a closet. I looked around before going in. I stayed there until the bell rang, signaling the end of 1stperiod. I got up and made my way towards 2ndperiod (English). I got to class to be greeted by one of the Nu’est members, BaekHo. *Just my lucky day* the teacher happens to be one of Mr. Yi’s closet friends, Ms. Shim. This would be my first time having her as an English teacher.

 I went in and took a seat at the back. I sensed someone watching me; I turned my head to see BaekHo sitting 4 rows away from me, just staring at me. I quickly turned away, shifting in my seat. I sneaked a peek at him but he had turned his attention away staring at the board. The teacher arrived shortly after the final bell rang. I was surprised to see how laid back she appeared. She was wearing a black and yellow skinny jeans, white shirt and a black blazer. I looked at her feet and saw a pair of  vintage black combat boots on her feet and to top it off were 2 gold Bengals resting on her left wrist. This teacher looked very young and pretty.

“Class has now began, quiet down ladies and gentlemen” She ordered lazily, shifting through papers that she had brought with her. She told us that we were allowed to sit wherever we wanted and allowed to eat as long as we did’t spill food on the floor. *I’m already loving this teacher!*

“Wow this teacher’s hot. She looks just like an ulzzang” I heard one of the boys say behind me. Yeah she did look like an ulzzang. She made us introduce ourselves.

“Ok nice to meet you guys, I’m Ms. Shim” She said, bowing.

“So what do you guys want to know about me?” She asked.

“How old are you?” One of the girls asked.

“I’m 10 years older than most of you if you’re 16 and 9 years older if you're 17” 

“You’re 26” I mumbled under my breathe.

“Did you say something, Miss Choi?” She asked, turning to face me.

“You’re 26 years old” I repeated.

“Yep you’ve got that right”

“What’s your full name?” Another person asked.

“My name is Linh Shim, and my Korean name is Shim Eun Mi”

“Wow what a beautiful name” The guy behind me whispered.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” I asked

“Nope, I’m currently single and also new in town” She replied

“Have you ever been to America? Because your Korean sounds different” BaekHo said. Now that I thought about it, her Korean did sound a little bit off.

“No, I was born and raised there. Moved to Korea 5 years ago. I met Mr.Yi when I moved here and he helped me understand the way of living in Korea.  Do any of you know Mr. Yi?” She asked. *This lady changed topics a lot*

“Eww that teacher is so weird” I heard one of the girls say. I was hurt by what the girl said. Mr.Yi wasn’t weird and he was the only one who was there to support my mother and the only one who understood my condition.

“No he’s not weird. He’s very cool and helpful” She said, coming to stand in front of the classroom. She took out a piece of paper from her pocket and held onto it. *I wonder what’s written on the paper?*

“Where do you live?” One of the guys asked.

“Don’t know, you tell me stalker” She said, smirking.

“OOOHHHH burn” Some of the guys said, laughing and high fiving each other.

“Okay shhh” She put her index finger to her lips. Everyone quieted down for a bit. Ms. Shim made her way towards my row, the 5throw. She looks at me while she approached, coming closer towards me. Everybody around us turned their attention towards us. She stopped at my desk and bend down with the paper in her hand.

“Are you Ren?”She asked, smiling. I slowly nodded and stared at her. She placed the paper in front of me and stood there, waiting for me to open it. The note was from my mom.

It read:

Ren :)

Our new neighbor, Ms. Shim needs someone to show her around the neighborhood and I thought that you would be the perfect person to do it. I will be coming home late so I’ve left dinner in the fridge.

<3 Mom

I looked up to see Ms.Shim reading the note with me. I looked around to see people staring at us. BaekHo just sat there, staring.

“So I guess we’ll be going home together then” She said, smiling.

“Where do you want to meet?” She asked, I just shrugged my shoulders.

“How about you meet me at the main office?” She asked.

“Okay” I said, smiling back.

“Ms. Shim, how do you know Minki?” someone asked.

“We’re neighbors” She replied, walking back to the front of the class.

“Really?!?!” Some of the people exclaimed.

“Duh! Really” She said, gathering her paper.

“The bell will ring in a minute so I advise you guys to start packing your things. You guys have no homework since it’s the first day of school” She said. I picked up my bag and sat there, waiting for the bell to ring, the bell rang and we filed out of class going opposite directions.