Chapter 46

The story of beauty

Chunji

I couldn't contain my smile from showing  as I waited outside of Ren's school. I held in my hands a bouquet of lavender waxflowers,peach roses, and pink asiatic lilies. I checked the time. The dismissal  bell would be ringing any moment now. I shifted my weight to my left leg as I stood in  the cool breeze.

Today was going to be I and Ren's official first date. I also planned to tell her my exciting news. I was deep in thought that I almost missed the bell ringing. I placed my hands behind me,concealing the flowers. I stood waiting as kids passed by me. I looked up and saw Ren limping slightly towards me. I let out a sigh of relief seeing her. I walked forward and hugged her before bringing the flowers out.

"Aww! Chunji, thank you so much. They're beautiful!" She exclaimed as she smelt the flowers. I grabbed her hand and began walking towards the motorcycle.

"Wait...since when do you own a motorcycle?" Ren asked. She stopped walking and looked at me.

"It's actually  Byung Hun(L.Joe)'s. He's just letting me borrow it for today" I answered walking towards the bike. I handed Ren one of the helmets and tucked the flowers in the front seat compartment. I hopped on and started it,waiting for Ren.

"Wait...do you even know how to ride a motorcycle?" She asked,a worried look on her face.

"Of course I do. You don't need to worry,Ren. I promise I won't harm you" I assured her

"Sorry but one last thing, I need to let my mom know where I'll be at least" she was about to pull out her phone when I stopped her.

"I already talked to her last night. She's totally ok with it"

She nodded her head and slipped on the helmet. She hopped onto the bike and wrapped her arms around my stomach area. She rested her head against my back as I pulled away from the school. Her grip tightened as I sped. I let out a smile,feeling all warm and happy inside. We arrived at the garden in under 40 minutes. I parked the motorcycle in front of the entrance and got off,resting the helmet on the seat. I helped Ren get off the bike and placed her helmet beside mine. I held her hand and led her inside.

"Welcome, Mr. Lee" Hyun Jong,the greeter at the door greeted. I bowed my head and led Ren towards the garden. I was so happy that Min Soo(CAP)'s grandparents were allowing me to use their small Botanical Garden.

"Wow! This place is beautiful" Ren said in awe as I allowed her to wander around. I walked behind her silently, enjoying the different types of flowers and sounds. After an hour had passed, I walked her to the center where our dinner was waiting.

"Woah!" She sighed. I pulled out her chair and she sat down. I sat across from her and looked down at the food. We began eating but I stopped her halfway so that I could tell her my good news.

"Rennie..." 

"Yeah" she set down her fork and looked up at me.

"We got a contract with T.O.P Media. We...we're having having our first real concert and we're going to be...gone for a week" I let out. I watched as Ren's happiness slipped from her face.

"Oh...umm....congratulations!" She said.

"I won't go if you don't want me to" I said. Even though I really wanted to go, I didn't want Ren to be sad.

"No no go. This is your opportunity to get known Chunji! I'm really happy for you!" She said,touching my hand. I squeezed her hand,feeling reassured.

"Thank you,Ren" I whispered. My dream was finally coming true! 

I got up from my seat and went over to Ren. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a kiss on her forehead.
We stayed that way until it was time to go. When I dropped Ren home, I gave her a long kiss,not wanting to part away from her. When I parted away from her, I kept my lips on hers. As I was about to pull away, She held onto me and hugged me,crying. 

"I don't want you to go,Chunji! I lied...please stay here with me" she begged,sobbing. I patted her back, trying to calm her down. 

"I'll be back in a week,Rennie" I pulled away and wiped away her tears. "Just wait a while,Rennie" 

"Okay" she said,nodding. I waved to her as I walked to the motorcycle. I started the motorcycle and pulled away,heading towards Byung-hun's house where the rest of the guys were. I blinked back the tears that threatened to spill.

I arrived at Byung-Hyun's house in no time. I parked the motorcycle in front of the house and got up, with the key and helmets hand. I let myself in and headed straight for the basement, where the rest of the group was gathered. I took off my shoes and put on house slippers when I got to the foot of the stairs. I opened the door and went in.

"Hey, welcome back!" changjo asked as I handed over the key and helmets to Byung-Hyun.

"Thanks" I went over and sat on the couch next to C.a.p.

"So did you tell...um...that person?" Niel asked. Ever since I told them about Ren, niel had changed. He referred to Ren as "that person".

"Yeah I told Ren and she's totally cool with it" I answered casually. I didn't want them to know that she was crying ans begging

"Alright, then we're all set to leave tomorrow!" C.a.p announced.

While the others got up all excited, I stayed back on the couch.

This was the first time that I was feeling like this. I felt so lonely and sad.