Chapter 34

The story of beauty

Ren

Duck-Won, BaekHo and I walk through the opened doors of a warehouse with music blasting through the mega stereos. The music is loud that the floors vibrate with every beat. I look around; taking it all in. The room is dimmed with colorful lights going around. I see people scattered all over the place. Some standing at a bar, some hiding in the shadows but most of them are crowded around a stage where a group of 4 girls are dancing and singing.

“Is this a club?” I ask, wanting to know because I’m not very sure on what it is.

“This isn’t just any club. This is where you’ll get to see and hear the coolest people of the underground entertainment” BaekHo answers, walking towards the stage. We follow him and stand there, listening. I wear tight black jeans, glittery black platform pumps and a tight fitted shirt because BaekHo says that we’re going to celebrate upon his return. I stand there, my body rocking to the music. Soon, the group finishes performing and the DJ comes on stage.

“That was a beautiful performance by 2NE1, don’t you guys think so?” He asked us, pointing his mic out. The crowd begins to go wild and shout their approval. I clap along with them, feeling a sense of belonging.

“Well I hope you guys still have energy left, introducing Nu’EST!” He yells, quickly running off the stage.

“Nu’est performs here?” I ask, looking at BaekHo. He nods his head and turns his attention back to the stage. JR, Minhyun and Aron run on stage with microphones in hand. The music starts to play and they do their thing. The words and the beat of the song are catchy. I stand there with my head down, bobbing and rocking my body to the beat. I look up to see JR standing at the edge of the stage, spitting out words and looking at me. Shivers run through my spine, remembering what he did to me. I quickly move my eyes away and look off to the side to catch a black&red headed guy staring at me. He gives me a warm smile and I smile back, but I quickly turn away. Minutes tick by before Nu’EST’s song comes to a close. The crowd goes wild, screaming on top of their lungs. BaekHo, Duck-Won and I tense up, giving them polite applauses. The DJ comes up again and introduces a group called Teen Top. The guy who smiles at me comes on stage with 5 other guys. The girls go wild with just them standing there. He steps forward with his mic in hand and begins to speak. I turn my attention away, looking at the floor.

“This song is for someone special” he says. The crowd goes ‘Awwww’ & ‘ooohhhh’. I look up to see who he’s talking about and he’s staring at me. He turns to one of his friends and tells him something. The young man runs off stage and returns a moment later. The room begins to grow darker than it already is, as one lone light is left . I look down, feeling a pool of light and heat engulf me. I must have zoned out because the next thing I hear is the crowd chanting “Get up there!” I look around confused.

“Yah MinKi, he wants you up there” Duck-Won says pulling me. He hands me over to BaekHo who lightly shoves me towards the stage. The crowd clears out as I slowly make my way towards the stage. I almost trip going up the stairs but one of the guys in the crowd catches me. I awkwardly stand on stage with 6 pairs of eyes staring at me, plus 14 dozen people staring. I feel my hands getting sweaty so I put them by my sides and stand there.

“So what’s your name?” He asks. I stand there too petrified to speak.

“Her name’s MinKi” I hear Duck-Won yell.

“What a beautiful name, MinKi” he says coming forward. He gently grabs my hand and walks me to the center of the stage.

“I hope you like it because this song is for you” he says, raising a finger. The music starts playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfKe1Csk4hA

Girl you come to me like a dream
I'll hold onto you like this and never let go
you are so beautiful to me girl
you're my ideal girl and I fell in love with you at first sight

I'm really happy to meet someone like you
My heart is beating like this
Yeah

Whoever sees you will say you're lovely
Whoever sees you will say you're pretty
One by one are perfect
there's an angel in my heart

Your pretty face is blinding my eyes
Your bright smile is just like the sun
Like a shining star in the night sky
there's an angel in my heart

 

I stand there as the guys each take turns singing. The girls start screaming and going wild as soon as the red & black haired guy steps up. He sticks his tongue out and winks at me. I stand there grossed out, not wanting to get near him. He comes closer and gently grazes his right hand against my cheek. I flinch from his touch. Minutes pass by before the song ends. Everyone starts clapping and screaming their name. The DJ comes up and begins speaking.

“Teen Top has done it again” He says, clapping his hand. I turn around and slowly walk off the stage, towards the exit door. I can’t believe that I actually allowed that to happen. I get out of the club, breathing in and out tasting the air. I stand there, alone in the darkness. As I am enjoying the peace of being alone, I feel someone tag at my back. I turn around to find the same guy who had just sang to me not too long ago.

“Hey, did you like the song?” He asks, smiling.

I stand there, just looking at him.

“MinKi?” He asks, coming closer. I step back in fear.

“Please don’t touch me” I mumble.

“Okay” He says, raising his hands up.

“Oh I never introduced myself. I’m Chan Hee but people call me Chunji” He says, bringing out his hand. I stand there, looking at it.

“Okay then” he says, putting his hand by his side. Just as he’s about to say something else, BaekHo comes out.

“Hey MinKi, if you were going to leave you could have at least gotten one of us to go with you” he says, coming by my side. I don’t reply and just stand there.

“Chunji, you guys did a really great job tonight. I really enjoyed it” he says.

“Yeah thanks” He says, his lips.

“MinKi let’s go” BaekHo says, pulling me away.  As we’re walking back to the club, someone crosses our path. It’s JR. He’s holding a lit cigarette that’s half way gone. He takes a long drag  of it before throwing it on the ground. He looks at me and walks right back inside the club, totally ignoring us. I look down as BaekHo leads us back to the group.

“BaekHo, I want to go home” I tell him, going closer to him.

“Can I at least introduce you to Teen Top first?” he asks, looking at me. I slowly nod my head.

“Okay, then let’s go” he says, walking towards the back of the stage. I get Duck-Won and we follow BaekHo to the back where all of the performers are. I see Nu’EST at a corner; Minhyun and JR are glaring at me while Aron is talking to one of the girls of 2NE1. Before I know, we’re standing in front of 6 guys.

“MinKi and Duck-Won, I have some people to introduce you to” he says, smiling at us. BaekHo goes around, hugging the guys

 “Nice to meet you, MinKi” A tall blonde&blue headed guy steps up to me. He tries to shake my hand but I quickly step back, away from his reach.

“She doesn’t like to be touched by people she just met” BaekHo says. The guys introduce themselves and go around shaking hands with Duck-Won.

“You guys were really good” I manage to say, my voice slightly above a whisper.

“What did you say?” Chunji asks, coming closer.

“You guys were really good. I enjoyed your performance” I say, a bit louder.

“Oh thank you” A guy with big lips and brownish hair says. He bows and winks at me.

“BaekHo, can I go home now?” I ask him.

“Yeah, let me just say some stuff first” he says. I stand there as he exchanges some words with a short red headed guy. The short red headed guy promises to send Duck-Won home safely, so I'm not worried.

“Okay, let’s go" BaekHo and I exit the club, walking towards the bus station. We board the bus and take a seat in the back row.

"Hey did you like it?" BaekHo asks, as the bus begins to move.

"Yeah, it was good experincing something new" I answer, brushing my hair back.

"I had fun tonight. Thanks for sending me"

"It's okay" He says, putting his hands behind his head. We sit in silence the whole ride until we reach my stop.

I hug him and get off the bus, going home with a smile on my face.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm going to put Chunji in. He'll appear in the story once in a while

Hope you liked this chapter.