Chapter 21

The story of beauty

Ren

Duck-Won tells me that we are still friends. He shares his lunch with me which his mother made. Its black bean noodles (One of my favorites). While we’re eating lunch, he takes out his mp3 player and turns it on.

“MinKi, do you like Bigbang?” He asks, clicking the touch screen.

“Yeah I like them!” Their songs have helped me when I was down.

“Well their new MV came out today and it’s called ‘MONSTER’!!!!” He says, getting me excited.

“Okay then here we go” He says, scooting his chair closer to mine. I lean in and look at the small screen trying not to scream because I was filled with joy. We sit there with our eyes wide, watching everything unfold. After he’s done, we have a moment of silence and try to process what we’ve just seen.

“They’re awesome! This makes me love them even more!!!” I exclaim, bringing my hands to my chest.

“I know right” Duck-Won says, pushing his hair back.

“Duck-Wonnie needs a hair cut” I say, zeroing in on him. I stick out my right index finger and poke his chest.

“You’re very odd” He says, getting up. I get up and follow him.

“Yuki wants you to come over today” I say, looking up at the ceiling.

“Okay”

“I’m getting lessons from BaekHo’s niece. She’s so cute” I say as we pass by the JR’s table.

“Ewwwww, the freak actually has friends” I hear Mi Young say. She makes gagging sounds. I ignore the comment and continue walking.

“I have a great idea. Why don’t you cut your hair and dye it?” I ask, as he throws away the bottom of the remaining noodles.

“Will I actually look good?” He asks, as we walk back to our table.

“Yeah, you’ll look y” I say, giving him my seductive smile.

“Ok I’m all in” He says, putting the bowl back inside his backpack. The bell rings and I tell him to meet me at the same spot. I depart heading for my class. We get math homework and history. I’m dreading gym after what happened yesterday. I quickly go inside and change. I sit in the gym waiting for the teacher and everyone else to come. They come as usual with their friends and Angie hanging onto JR like a leech. The teacher tells us that we’ll be doing cardio exercises for the next 1 week. We end up going to the weight lifting room and we begin on different machines. I start on the elliptical machine and slowly work my way up until I’m on the treadmill. I work vigorously, trying to burn as much calories as I can. In 50 minutes, I’m only able to burn 20 calories but I’m fine with that. I fan myself as I walk back to the locker room. *If I don’t take a shower, I think I might pass out* I bring my clothes and a body wash and set them in a storage cubby next to the shower stall. I go around looking for a towel until I find one. I put it in the cubby and strip out of my clothes. I step into the cold shower, singing the song monster.

 

Nothing comes to my mind
As you tremble, you take a step, two steps back
You say that I scare you now
You’re like a moon that makes me go crazy

 I love you baby I’m not a monster
You know how I was in the past
When time passes, it’ll all disappear
Then you will know baby
I need you baby I’m not a monster
You know me so don’t leave like this
If even you throw me away, I will die
I’m not a monster

I block out the outside world as I do a little dance, enjoying the water. I turn off the water, satisfied. The locker room is silent. Finally, peace at last. I grab my towel and start wiping myself. I reach out for my clothes but come up empty handed. I bend down and look again. My clothes are missing. There’s just a small piece of paper. I take it out and read it.

Hey Loser,

You forgot these clothes are meant for girls not boys

I stand there, shocked. Of all the things that they could have done, they chose to steal my clothes.  The only thing that they left behind is my white tennis shoes. I wrap the towel around my body and slip on my shoes. I walk around the locker room, checking to see if someone left any clothes behind but their lockers are either locked or they’re empty. I go around whispering help but no one seems to hear me. I decide to give up and sit by my locker. As I sit there in misery, I hear the locker room door opening. I get up and start walking towards the door hoping to find another female but it’s JR. He stands there, looking at me while smirking. I try not to cry but I can’t seem to help it.

“Have you seen Angie?” He asks, looking at his phone. I slowly shake my head, falling to the ground.

“I think you need to go get dressed” He says a bit of concern in his voice.

“Som- My clothes got stolen” I say, my voice breaking. I hold my chest as I cry, trying not to lose it. I hear the door open and close. I look up to see JR walking out. I sit there on the floor, without a care in the world. *How am I going to get home?*. Minutes pass by before I hear the door open again. It’s JR, standing there with clothes in his hand.

“Here wear this” He says, throwing them to me. I grab them and head for the restroom. I wear the black sweatpants even though they’re a little baggy on me and slip on a black shirt with 6 masked people on it. The printing on the shirt says ‘JABBAWOCKEEZ: A Figment of your imagination’. I wonder who they are. I step out to find JR leaning against the wall with his head down.

“Ahh….. Thanks for the clothes” I say, bowing.

“You can keep the sweatpants but I want my shirt back” He says, walking away.

“Wait…. Who are these guys?” I ask, pointing to the shirt.

“They’re a dance crew in America” He says, walking away. *I wonder why they’re wearing white masks?* I walk to my locker and get my backpack. I run to the place where I told Duck-Won to meet me at and he’s still there.

“I’m so sorry I’m late Duck-Won” I say, bowing.

“Where did you get those clothes?” He asks.

“My clothes got stolen so someone gave these to me” I reply as we walk out of the school.

“You look really good in that” He says, pointing to the bottom and top. I walk around, pretending to be on a runway. Duck-Won starts laughing at my silliness as we get closer to BaekHo’s house. When we get there, Duck-Won shows BaekHo and Yuki bigbang's new MV and they're blown away. Duck-Won tutors BaekHo while I get educated on the piano with Yuki. We end up eating there and Duck-Won and I leave together on the bus. I get dropped off first, waving goodbye to Duck-Won.

**************************************************************************************

 

Leave any comments and tell me what you think :)

Bigbang's new song 'MONSTER' is so Awesome.

I ♥ that song~~~~~~~~