Chapter 33

The story of beauty

BaekHo

It’s been 15 days since Duck-Won told me of what happened to MinKi. And it’s been 19 days since I got attacked by JR. JR still hasn’t come around to apologize to me. Minki doesn’t come over to tutor me anymore. I miss her having her by my side.

I’m finally able to walk around, which is good news for me. Except for the fact that my ribs occasionally hurt. And I’m now allowed to go back to school. And I have to keep the cast on my wrist for 2 more weeks.

Duck-Won comes over today.

“Hey Duck-Won, let’s celebrate tomorrow” I tell him as he takes out homework.

“Oh you’re coming back to school?” He sets the homework on the table we’re sitting at.

“Yeah, I’m excited to be coming back” I say, as I open my math notebook. We sit there and do the calculus homework. When we’re done, Duck-Won tells me that he has to go home.

“Wait…..We’re celebrating tomorrow” I say. He comes back and I tell hime the plans for tomorrow since its Friday tomorrow. He and MinKi will meet in front of my house at 7pm, where we’ll take the bus to NB Club (An actual hip hop club in Seoul rumored to be owned by YG Family). He leaves my house with a smile on his face. I eat and go to sleep, anticipating for the next day.

I wake up and clean myself before getting dressed. I quickly eat breakfast and get out of the house, taking the bus. I get to school in 20 minutes, having no time to spare. I go to 1st hour class with kids staring and whispering.

“Woah, I can’t believe he’s back”

“Isn’t he afraid of JR?”

I ignore them and zone throughout the class, not forgetting to turn in homework assignments. I’m filled with excitement when 2nd hour comes by. MinKi stares at me when I walk through the door, keeping a straight face.

“MinKi, you’re not happy to see me?” I ask as I take the seat next to her.

“No, this is how my face is. Welcome back, BaekHo” She says, smiling. Ms.Shim, our teacher, comes in looking annoyed but softens up when she sees me. Since it’s free day, and we’re allowed to do whatever we want, I decide to let MinKi in on the plan. I turn my chair and move my chair next to her desk. I pull her chair so that she’s sitting facing me.

“MinKi we’re celebrating tonight!”

“Ah where and what time?”

“You meet me in front of my house at 7pm and we’re going to go to downtown Seoul to a club and no there won’t serve alcohol to teens. Make sure to dress y”

She nods her head and begins to giggle.

2nd hour ends sooner than I thought it would end. I see Minhyun but he totally ignores me. I don’t see Aron since he’s on the other side of the school. I’m happy when Lunch comes around. I get my lunch consisting of dumpling soup, grilled chicken, Kimchi, string beans and sticky white rice. I take my spoon and taste the soup. *Tastes pretty good!* I take another bite, after another. As I’m eating, Duck-Won and MinKi come and sit down

“Welcome back, snow leopard!” Duck-Won says, chuckling.

“Thanks” I say, bowing slightly.

“Hey do you guys notice anything?” MinKi asks. I look up and look around, confused.

“Nope!” Duck-Won says, looking at MinKi.

“We’re all snow leopard triplets because of our hair color” She points to the fuzzy ball on her head, which she calls hair.

“Oh yeah, I never noticed that” I say, smiling.

“So you 2 meet at my house at 7pm, okay?” I tell them, making sure. They nod their heads and we continue to eat in silence. I see JR sitting with the old crew. I avoid eye contact and finish my food.

Lunch is over and I head to my next class, Family Psychology (*A/N~ A class I’m taking next year*). I zone throughout the class and the next classes until it’s the last class of the day. Gym class. I walk to the boys’ locker room nervously, not knowing what will happen. I open the door and walk inside. I walk towards my locker with a few of the guys looking up. They look weird out by seeing me again. *I guess they heard*

The teacher tells us that we’ll be doing hatha yoga which involves only working by yourself. He pops in the video and takes a seat on the first bleacher as we get in our positions. We do all of the exercises’ and class ends smoothly. I quickly change and go home.

“SaeRyun, I’m home” I call out, while taking off my shoes. No answer.

“Yuki” I call out, walking towards the kitchen. No response. I look around the kitchen and spot a note on the fridge. I walk towards it and take the note off.

Dong Ho (BaekHo),

Yuki & I are having our day off so we wont be back until late in the evening. Dinner is in the fridge

SaeRyun J

I place the note on the counter and take out my cell phone. I call SaeRyun but he doesn’t pick up so I just leave him a message, letting him know where I’ll be during the evening. I get the food in the fridge and go and take a nap. I wake up at 6:15pm and take a shower. I get ready and go downstairs to wait.

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/slim-fit-mandarin-collar-blazer/info.html/pid.1030440239

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/roadist-crewneck-t-shirt/info.html/pid.1031132157

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/k-style-washed-straight-leg-jeans-dark-blue-34/info.html/pid.1031125563

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/murati-aviator-sunglasses-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1031107499

I take out my phone and look at the time. It’s only 6:56pm. 4 more minutes until Duck-Won and MinKi show up. I decide to sit on the couch with my feet propped up on the coffee table. I tap my fingers against the edge of the couch, waiting. I look at my phone again and only 2 minutes has passed. I put my hands on my eyes, but I’m interrupted by the door ringing.

Ding dong

I drag myself off the couch and walk towards the front door. I open it to find Duck-Won standing there with a smile on his face. A moment later MinKi came behind Duck-Won, panting clearly out of breath.

“Hey, you ready?” Duck-Won asks, smiling. I nod my head and go back inside to get my cell phone and my wallet. I turn off the lights and lock the front door. We walk towards the bus station with MinKi walking ahead of Duck-Won and I.  We board the bus and it takes us 30 minutes to reach the club. I lead the way as we walk towards the ware house.

“Wow, there’re a lot of people!” MinKi exclaims.

“BaekHo, there’s no way we’re going to get in there. There’re too many people” Duck-Won says. I ignore him and walk up to the bouncer.

I lean towards him and whisper something to him. The bouncer knows my brother so it’s okay. I walk towards MinKi and Duck-Won and tell them that it’s alright if we go inside. The bouncer opens the door as we walk through.