Chapter 27

The story of beauty

JR

I’m spiteful and insincere but I’m only clarifying a matter of confusion in which MinKi has brought upon himself.

“JongHyun, why did you do that?” Minhyun asks, pulling me back.

I jerk around and glare at him. “Leave me alone” I growl. I push his hands off me and walk towards our lunch table. Angie comes running towards me, with a worried look.

“What happened to you?” She asks, clutching my arms. I shake her hands off me and look down at her.

"It's over" I say loud enough for her to hear me.

 Flash back of yesterday

“Mr.JongHyun, your mother wants to see you” Mr. Wu, the head butler told me as I entered the kitchen. I exited the kitchen and went upstairs to my mother’s room. I knocked before entering.

“Hi JongHyunnie” mother said, her back to me. Why was she up when she was supposed to be resting? I slowly walked inside and took a seat next to her on the bed.

“Mom, you wanted to see me?” I asked, touching her warm hand. She looked up, her smile glowing in the late evening sun.

“Your father wanted me to tell you this news. He thought that you would immediately hang up if you heard what he had to say” I looked at her confused. What was it that Dad couldn’t tell me himself?

“Mom, what is it?”

“Promise you won’t get mad” she put up her hand and made me pinky swear.

“Your father is getting married to Mi Rae and Mi Rae is pregnant” She said, looking at me. I sat there frustrated and annoyed by the news. How could my father do this to my mother?

“Promise me that you’ll treat your new sibling as your own after I’m gone” She said. I couldn’t stand it anymore so I got up and went straight to my room. I locked the door and turned up the stereo.

I needed to drown out the world

End of flashback of Yesterday

~Author’s Note: Mi Rae is Mr. Kim’s mistress. Mr. Kim is JR’s father.

And this morning. Oh….. Why do people keep on bothering me when they can clearly see that I’m not in a good mood? So this is how the morning went for me.

FLASHBACK of the morning:

I went to Angie’s house to go pick her up. She came but forgot something in the house so she left her purse and backpack behind. I was sitting there in the driver’s seat enjoying good old 2PM song ‘Tired of waiting’ when I heard a song playing. I lowered the volume and pulled out my phone. Nope, wasn’t my phone. I tiled my head slightly towards Angie’s purse and waited. After a few seconds, the sound came again. I looked around before pulling out the phone. I tapped the screen to unlock.

*New Message*

From: Jae Hwa

Subject: Hey Babe

Message: Hey baby, are we still on for tonight? Did you break up with your ‘high school boy toy’ yet?

*End of Message*

I couldn’t believe it. Angie was cheating on me and I being so stupid didn’t notice. I quickly deleted the message and placed it back inside the purse.

END of FLASHBACK of the morning

I quickly walk towards the boys locker room, my face flushed red from angry and guilt. I open the door and walk in. I walk towards my locker and angrily open the door. The only thing in there is a plain white tee.

“Crap” I forgot MinKi still has my shirt. I change out of my food stained shirt. I slam the door and kick the locker below me.

“Ahhhh…….Ahhhh…..oh…….” I groan out in pain. I hold my left foot, biting my lips to keep the tears from coming. I stand against the lockers in an awkward position from what seems like forever. The pain slowly disappears. I stand up straight and leave the locker room. As I’m turning at a corner, I hear my name being mentioned. I quickly hide behind the wall and peer out. There standing near the entrance of the school are Duck-Won and MinKi. They’re standing near the door, looking out at the parking lot. I can only see MinKi from where I’m standing. He stands there, with tears trailing down his face. *Wow what have I done?* Duck-Won turns his head towards MinKi.

 “MinKi, please don’t. I want you to leave here with a smile not a frown” he says, wiping MinKi’s tears away.

“Now smile”. He fakes a smile, laughing a little. Just by standing here, you can tell that he’s faking it just to please his friend.

“Go. I’ll text you later” Duck-Won says as MinKi walks out of the school. Duck-Won and I stand there as MinKi disappears into the distance. Duck-Won turns around and walks the opposite way.

I slowly come out of my hiding spot and begin walking towards my 6th hour class. Everyone stares at me as I’m going to my seat.

“It will be better if you take a picture, it’ll last longer” I snarl, tossing my head forward, causing my thick luscious hair to fall over my eyes. I zone out through my classes, pretending not to be there but attentive enough to hear the whispers flowing around the room about me.

“MinKi is a guy. Ewww, I can’t believe he’s actually allowed to use the girls’ restrooms” & “JR did us all some good for telling us about MinKi. This school has enough freaks as it is, we don’t need anymore”

Angie tries talking to me during Gym but thank goodness the teacher put me in a group where Minhyun and Angie aren’t in it. After school, I don’t go straight home.

I need something to clear my head.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for the boring chapter. I'll try to update everyday.

Leave comments and recommendations :)

And thank you to all of the subscribers.