Chapter 28

The story of beauty

Aron

“So what did JR do this time?” I ask Minhyun, getting impatient. Minhyun knows how I get when there’s important news and he just hesitates to tell me. We are sitting at the black marble countertop in my apartment, discussing JR.

“He…..ummm….. told everyone about MinKi” He responds. I wonder what he did.

“What exactly did he do?” I question, adjusting my position so that I’m able to look at him more. His once soft pore less skin now looks dry and dead. His eyes deepened with bags from restless nights.

“He… told everyone that MinKi’s a you know…. A guy” He looks down at the ground.  What?!?

“That jerk!” I blurted, getting up.

“Don’t do anything to him, please” Minhyun gets up, holding my hands.  I know JR is Minhyun’s best friend and Minhyun doesn’t want his friend being scolded but that attitude is unacceptable.

“I don’t care if his mother is dying, what he did was wrong and he needs a wakeup call. You can’t go around throwing tantrums and bullying others just because something is going your way. JR has to know that he isn’t the only one in this world who has pain” I push Minhyun off of me and walk out.

“Aron… please…. Don’t hurt him” Minhyun wails. I ignore him and walk away.

It’s time for JR to learn his lesson.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Minhyun

Day 4- Still no MinKi

Keeping a tab on JR. Every day he gets crankier. So far there have been 246 students who have signed the petition. The Lady Boy petition started on the 2nd day after the MinKi-JR incident.

Petition:

We the students of this school hereby declare Choi MinKi a hazardous cause to the students of this school. He has brought confusion upon the students in which we are unable to tell whether he’s a female or a male. That is why we have brought this matter to your attention. We would like to request that he either be placed in his correct gender (Male) or be expelled from this school.

Sincerely,

Angie Joo and students

Almost everyone in our grade and a few of the upper class students has signed the petition. I’m one of the very few who hasn’t signed. I sit in my 4th hour study hall, reading a book I got from Aron. ‘Maundy Thursday’ by Gong Ji-Young. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to find Phara (pronounced fa. It’s a Thai name). Phara is a Thai-Korean beauty. She has deep chocolate silky brown hair with dark settled iris that puts anyone who looks into them into a trance. She is the good-girl bad girl of our grade but mostly good, but she falls easily for everything that is why she is always being used then dumped.

“Minhyun, come here” She pats the chair next to her. I put my book down and move in to sit next to her. Her lotus flower perfume clouds my brain, making me forget all of my problems just for a second.

“Minhyun, can you sign this?” She asks. I am once again brought back to earth. I look at her dazed.  She pushes forward a 2 page paper, giving me a smile. I smile back and look down at the paper.

“Phara, I can’t sign this” I push it back and look around. Mi Young is sitting just a few feet away, staring at us. I crotch my head slightly and whisper. “Did Mi Young put you up to this?”

“Yeah, I didn’t want to sign it but they made me. I personally don’t have a problem with MinKi” She looks behind her and smiles a goofy smile. I look through the pages. JR and Aron’s names aren’t on there.

“Well, sorry…” I say, about to get up.

“Wait. I’ve got a question to ask you” She says. I sit back down.

“Do you know Duck-Won?” She asks, slightly blushing.

“Not really, why?” I ask. I just know the answer. She likes him.

“I think he’s hot” she says, laughing a little.

“Well good luck” I say, getting up. I walk back to my desk and once again proceed to reading my book.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leave Comments :)