Just Take Me Away

WELCOME BACK TO EXOPLANET

With her usual pokerface, Saewon sat at her place and took out her scrap book. Doodling on everything she was thinking of. Just when she finished, the teacher arrived. Quietly, she took her scrap book with her to the lab class. Before she could get out of the class, she bumped the door frame and dropped her stuffs.

 

Everyone stopped for a second to look at her. ‘Have pity on me… yeah right’ she rolled her eyes and walked away after picking up everything. “You are so clumsy” Saewon heard her desk mate say to her. “And what’s your point?” she looked back, “I’m just saying it, it’s not like I cursed you” she heard her talk behind her breath.

 

“Then keep it inside your head gosh” Saewon quickly walked away from her.

 

It was lunch, everyone headed to the cafeteria. Picking up her tray and filling in her lunch, she noticed that she wasn’t that hungry. ‘Better eat before that at work do something’ she sat at her usual place and finished it off.

 

She stood up to return the tray, not noticing people’s leg stuck out. ‘Oof’ she heard people snicker. “Yah SAEWON-SSI… I heard an oof” they continued laughing at her. She just looked at them and walked away with ‘I-don’t-give-a--look’. They stopped laughing and scoffed, “she’s not human at all”.

 

Lunch ended and classes resumed. As soon as she walked in the room, it was silent as if they were waiting for her to trip on one of the step. The teacher came in and gave an announcement on the upcoming parents’ day. Saewon heard people go ‘Oooohh’, ‘Aaaww’ and even giggling.

 

“Please inform your parents that this is an important event” the teacher looked around. “Any questions?” in a second Saewon saw a hand rise. “What if our parents aren’t here?”  The teacher shrugged, “I guess they have to come some other day, like I said this is important”.

 

“But one of our student don’t have them, you know who” Saewon looked at him emotionless. “Whose parents aren’t here?” the teacher looked dumbfounded. “HAN SAEWON” everyone said her name. Her chest tightened with pain. “Jinjja?” came out of the teacher’s mouth which made the students chuckle.

 

She slammed on her desk and looked at everyone, “Grow up you piece of stinky trash, what if your parents were dead too huh? How would you feel… get a life” she stood up and stormed out of the room. “You don’t have any parents… you aren’t even a human, ALIEN”

 

Sobbing was heard from the washroom cubicle but luckily no one heard it since classes were still on.

 

The day ended and she walked back home, skipping her job. She didn’t care about anything at all. Her life was just messed up. It gets worse day by day.

 

She quickly had a long shower and ate early dinner before going to her room. She stared at the sky. “What am I?” she reached her hands out as if to catch the stars.

 

‘Someone out there~ just take me away from this disaster planet’ she sighed before lying on her bed to go to sleep.