Supper

WELCOME BACK TO EXOPLANET

“Umma, Appa; what the king said a while ago... is it true? Is it true that you have arranged a husband for me?” Saewon leaned on the window as she looked out to the dark sky. “What if I don’t like him? Then wouldn’t it be a waste to set up the will?” she sighed to herself and turned around to go for supper. As she made her way to the kitchen, she met Sehun. “Sehun Oppa, aren’t you going for supper?” she asked and he shook his head. “I’m not hungry” she pouted at his answer and nodded before making her way to the dining room instead.

 

The room was empty, not a single person inside. A moment later, the chef walked inside and saw Saewon. “Princess, are you hungry? Should I make supper for you?” he asked and she nodded small, ‘Chanyeol Oppa said that he would come for supper as well,  I think he was trolling’ she sighed and stared at the wall as if it was more interesting than the people walking inside. When she felt a presence beside her, she turned and saw Kai. “Kai oppa?” she was shocked to see him.

 

“What? I can’t come for supper? Is supper only for you?” he said and looked away, making her roll her eyes and do the same as he. “Princess, your supp—Prince Kai is also here?” he looked at Kai and placed a bowl of lobster soup on the table in front of her. “Hmm, this smells delicious. Komawo, Chef~” she grabbed the spoon from the napkin and sipped a bit since it was still hot. Kai stared at her as she drank her soup slowly. “What? You haven’t seen a girl drink soup before?” she teased and he scoffed.

 

“Of course I have but I haven’t seen a girl drinking soup so slow. You are almost as slow as a hundred year old turtle, you know?” He explained but she ignored it as she blew a spoonful of soup. “Here~” she placed the spoon in front of his lips and his eyes widened. “You don’t want it? If you want it then drink it without complaining” she smirked. He leaned in and drank the warm soup. “Nice right? It’s the first time I am eating something like this” she smiled widely and placed a spoonful of soup in front of her lips. Before she placed in it , Kai stopped her.

 

“What are you doing, Oppa” she glared at him, “Are you that hungry? Chef is making you supper now. Just wait for a second and he will be here” she used her other hand and moved his before drinking the soup. He sighed, ‘You just forgot to wipe the spoon, do you even think of hygiene?’ Kai looked at the bowl which the Chef came in. “Pumpkin soup for Prince” he bowed and walked off.

 

“Pumpkin?” Saewon looked over to his bowl and found the soup more delicious than hers. “Can I try some?” she held her spoon and eyed the soup being mixed by him. “Nope, you have your lobster soup already” he said and sipped a spoonful for tasting. “Pft~ fine, I will tick your name off on my list. I don’t want a husband that doesn’t share food with his wife” she pouted and looked back at her lobster soup. Kai paused and then looked at her. “What list?”

 

“The King gave me three weeks to choose between the twelve princes. It’s such a tough choice; I mean all of you are so nice, except you of course. I will feel bad for the others, but then I will feel bad for the prince that I choose” She giggled and stirred her soup as she spoke. “Why would you feel bad?” Kai looked at his bowl, not wanting to show her his depressed look. “I will feel bad because the prince who I will choose will not like me and will be forced to marry me, doesn’t that sound bad?” she frowned.

 

Kai chuckled and looked at her, his expression softened. “Didn’t the prince tell you already? We all love you, some may love you in a family sense and some love you more than family. You should not get confused with those two groups if you don’t want to feel sorry for them” Kai patted her back and got up, “You not eating?” she asked. “I finished it already” she heard him and looked over, her eyes widened. “What? How did you eat so fast” she quickly finished her bowl.