What is he to me?

WELCOME BACK TO EXOPLANET

“So how did I end up in the hospital again?” Luhan turned around to her but looked away every time she make eye contact with him. Saewon shrugged it off thinking that he was looking at someone else. “Saewon-ah” Kai’s voice was heard and she turned to him, waiting for his question.

 

Chanyeol interrupted and told everyone to sleep. Kris glared at him, “Why are you telling us to sleep all of a sudden?” his voice demanded answer. Baekhyun shook his head and rested his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder and closed his eyes. “Just rest for a while, guys”.

 

He wasn’t feeling sleepy at all. He was feeling anxious, thinking that maybe she was trying to trick him but when he saw her resting her head on Kai’s shoulder, Luhan turned away and closed his eyes shut.

 

 

 

Reaching back to the palace seemed like forever, Lay and Sehun accompanied Luhan to his room and made him rest. “I don’t need to rest” his voice was weak.

“Hyung, you need to rest for while. Just for a while” Sehun pushed him gently and pulled Lay with him as he closed the door. “Are you sure that we should keep Luhan hyung away from Saewon?” Sehun asked as they were away from Luhan’s room.

 

“It may be the best option right now. The memories from when the MATOS invaded till the coma are erased from her and the thing is that Luhan in her memory is gone as well” Lay tried to explain as much as he could before anyone could eavesdrop.

 

As if sneaking out was the best option, Luhan had to do it since he wanted some open space to himself. D.o spotted him at the garden by himself; he sat next to him and sighed.

 

“It’s mysterious, isn’t it hyung? I mean. I hope you don’t mind me saying this but Saewon is kind of acting weird. She has forgotten about you and then she is closer to Kai now. Suddenly, so suddenly”

 

Luhan kept quiet, he knew that it was true. “Maybe she likes Kai…. Instead of me” he whispered the last part and chuckled. “Let’s just wish her a happy life with Kai and move on” Luhan raised his hands and swung it around.

 

“You’re giving up already. Saewon’s memory will come back. Give her some time to recover” D.o said and Luhan looked at him. “Of course I am not giving up. She was mine and she will be mine forever” Luhan flicked his fingers and got up.

 

“Its dinner time”

 

 

 

 

 

*A week later*

 

 

“Kai oppa!” Saewon’s voice echoed in the game room. She grabbed Kai’s hand and tried to pull him with her in front of all the princes. Luhan wasn’t there. Chen nudged Tao and gave him a suspicious look.

“Saewon-ah, where are you trying to take Kai to?” Chanyeol asked as he had enough of these events.

 

“Kai Oppa this and Kai oppa that” Xiumin turned to Kris and the latter sighed. “Is this the of the story?” they raised their eyebrows and looked at Saewon as she continuously tried to pull Kai with her.

 

Not ready to let go, Kai grew frustrated and gave in to her pulls. “Alright” he said short and placed his book on the table. “Why don’t you try finding Luhan hyung to go with you” Kai asked and Saewon’s face hardened.

 

“Why are you all always asking about Luhan, Luhan, Luhan. I have been tolerating all of you that is always saying his name right next to my ears. Kris oppa, you tell me the reason. I want to know the reason to why the Luhan guy is here and why you all telling me to think hard” Kris looked away, he did not know how to start it or even end it.

 “Is he that important to me?” She looked at everyone, curious of the answer. Before she knew it, the person whom she had just spoken of opened the door to the voice of her speaking out her question of him.

 

“No, he is not important to you” Luhan said and everyone turned to him. “Appa said to meet him in the conference room in five minutes” Luhan turned around to hide his disappointment and the lone tear that fell off his chin.

 

Saewon’s voice echoed in his head, ‘Why the Luhan guy is here and why you all telling me to think hard….Luhan guy’ he scoffed but his heart acted otherwise.

 

 

 

The sound of chairs being pulled was heard in the room. Luhan sat next to Lay and Sehun; Kai had to sit next to Saewon. She wouldn’t want to sit with anyone else. Kris and the rest scattered around the room, waiting for the king to start.

 

“Saewon-ah” The king began and everyone except Luhan and Saewon breathed in.

“How are you feeling?” they all breathed out, feeling relieved.

“I’m fine, thank you” she took a quick glance at Luhan and she felt guilty for her words at the game room. She did not know that he was there.

 

The king looked at Luhan who nodded. “What’s going on?” Lay whispered but Luhan shook his head, “the news will be out soon”.

 

“Tonight is the last night of the cousins stay” he bowed at Lay and he did the same. “I did not realize that time went so fast” Xiumin said and he frowned. “Can I not stay longer, I’m not ready to leave” Tao pouted and looked at Chen, “hyung, it’s time for the long travel again” the hyung chuckled and ruffled his hair.

 

“Well, you four are going to welcome a new member to your family. It was originally two but then I guess one is enough” the king said and the cousins stared at each other.

 

“Luhan” the king said and Luhan nodded before standing up from his seat. “Have you packed yet?” the king asked and Luhan gave a small smile, “never have been this ready before” his heart sank to the core of the planet.

 

Gasps were heard, Sehun looked up and then at Baekhyun who did the same. “Hyung…” Kai called out to him and Luhan smiled. “I need to go back to the place where I belong”

 

*Flashback*

In the backyard of the M palace was two princes. Kris and Luhan played with the cars that surrounded them. “Luhan!” The King called and the baby looked up to his uncle. “Ahjujji” the 3 year old kid smiled and showed his baby teeth. “Aigoo…” the king cooed and lifted him up.

 

“Yifan~” he called the other baby who was playing with his toys. The king chuckled and looked at Luhan with soft gaze. “Are you sure about this?” He suddenly asked with his attention on Luhan and Kris.

 

“I think it is the best choice. Make one of them the ruler of the K palace. The prophecy said that one of them will be with Prince Han’s one and only daughter” The mother of the two baby said with weak smiles.

 

“Oppa” she continued and the king looked at her, her eyes welled up with tears. Pain filled up her body. “You are going to be alright, hang in there” the king couldn’t stand to see his own sister die slowly.

 

She shook her head, “Oppa, you need to take care of them. They are the only precious thing to me. I don’t want any harm done to them. Please oppa” she begged and then blood came out from .

“I will. I promise” the king said with tears in his eyes. “DOCTOR!!!” He shouted and saw men in white clothing run to fetch the queen.

 

“You are the only person I trust” her voice faded as she was taken away.

 

The king looked down and saw Kris watching his mother being taken away by the doctors. “Mommy…” his voice sounded like a whisper before he looked away with fear as to why his mother was being pulled away by people dressed in white.

 

“It will be okay. Now let’s go home. Your new home” Kris was carried by the King and he looked at Luhan who had fallen off to sleep on his shoulder. Kris followed his brother and closed his eyes.

 

*End of flashback*

 

“There isn’t any other choice guys, I’m sorry” Luhan said and looked at Sehun whose tears was filled to the brim.

 

The King left the room to give the princes some time to themselves. Suho cleared his throat, “how about we make this night a memorable one” he said and everyone cheered. Saewon looked at Luhan and her shoulders dropped.

 

 

 

‘What is this feeling? Is Luhan really that important to me?’