Leaving

WELCOME BACK TO EXOPLANET

It was night time already, everyone gathered in the game room and then suddenly there was a sound of someone clearing their throat. Eyes went on Suho as he got up from his seat.

 

“As the eldest prince from our team, excluding Kris hyung” he began and Kris scoffed from the side, Suho smiled awkwardly and faced the front again. “Luhan hyung, I really hope you would consider staying longer as the rest of the M princes don’t want to leave yet” Suho said and everyone nodded.

 

“Luhan Ge! That is true. You should know how long the way back to the M palace is” Tao whined and Chen joined him. “Yeah, it is a really uncomfortable ride” he massaged his shoulders and faked a cry. “Let Suho finish his speech first” Luhan said and the both of them stopped in an instant.

 

“I’m sorry on behalf of Sehun if he was causing too much trouble since he was and is always sticking to you like glue” Suho eyes Sehun who was sitting close to Luhan. The maknae shrugged and hugged Luhan, “He likes my presence”.

 

Suho continued his speech and Luhan nodded before standing up to face them as he was going to say a few words. “Firstly, I am thankful to Suho who just finished his speech” Luhan burst out of smile laughter and Saewon chuckled at his actions.

 

“I am really thankful to Sehun who was always by my side. I appreciated it, I hope that you won’t hate hyung for anything bad I did” The maknae shook his head as tears filled up to the brim again. “I won’t hate you” he smiled to hide his obvious tears.

 

“Kai... You know what I am going to say, right?” Luhan stared at Kai and Saewon. Kai shook his head when he saw Luhan’s expression fall. “Hyung, I’m sorry. It’s my fault” Kai suddenly lifted his hand and wiped off his tears. “Jongin” Saewon called his name. Luhan looked away to Baekhyun, Chanyeol and D.O.

 

“Take care of the rest” his speech ended there and he looked at the two maknae who were wiping of their tears. Luhan sat back to his place and wiped Sehun’s tears before giving him a brotherly hug.

 

Saewon looked at Luhan and then back at Kai. “Are you alright?” she asked when she felt something hurting in her. Maybe those three words was something she wanted to be asked instead of her asking.

 

 Lay looked at Saewon and then at Luhan, he frowned before replacing it with a smile. “Should we do something for the night? Something fun and unforgettable” he looked at Kris who shrugged. Xiumin chuckled and gave a thumbs up, “Yeah maybe we should play something so that.... those two can get closer” he whispered the later part and D.O nodded in agreement.

 

“Hide and seek?” Chanyeol asked and Kai scoffed. “That is for babies” Chen looked at his with a raised eyebrow before shrugging, “Whatever big guy”.

Saewon got up from her seat, “I don’t feel good, guys. You can play while I go and sleep” She took a small glance at Luhan and turned around on her heels. She walked out of the game room and headed to the balcony which was just outside.

 

Looking up at the sky, she felt her heart ache, “What is wrong with me? It’s just Luhan” saying his name with her own lips made it more hard. She clenched onto the railing and stared at the sky in front.

 

“I thought you were going to sleep?” Luhan’s voice was heard and Saewon turned around with a wide eye. “Luhan...” she said and moved aside for him.

“I thought you said you were going to sleep?” he repeated his question and she chuckled with a shrug.  “Just wanted to see the sky before going back. How about you? Are you guys playing hide and seek” she asked and Luhan nodded with an embarrassed look.

 

It was the first time Saewon had said something to Luhan. Luhan felt alive again with her voice in his head. It had been weeks that they did not talk to each other or even look at each other in the eye.

 

Luhan stared at her for a moment before breaking it off with an awkward cough. “I think I got to go back” he pointed back to the room and Saewon nodded at him.

Before he took a step, Saewon called him. “Luhan... I’m Sorry” she apologized. Luhan shook his head, “it’s not your fault. It was never your fault” he whispered before leaving.

 

Saewon watched him as he made his way back to the room.

His retreating figure, his soft footsteps and the scent he left behind came back to her. She closed her eyes tight and a blur of his face appeared. “I love you” his soft voice was heard. “I’m sorry” she whispered.

 

-------------------------------------------

Five figures stood by the main hall, eight figures watching him with a broken heart. “It’s not like we are going for war or something” Chen said and Luhan laughed at him. Xiumin looked at D.O who looked back with a frown. “Hyung should just stay back, it’s going to feel really different” He pouted and Baekhyun nodded.

 

Kris stared at his brother with an expression full of sorrow, “Ge, you need to visit us oftenly” he walked closer to Luhan and hugged him. It was the first time Kris is separated from Luhan and Sehun sighed at his hyung.

 

Saewon looked at them; she wanted to hug them too. She wanted to hug Luhan tightly to tell him that she would wait for him to come back. Just then, Luhan glanced at her. He approached her slowly and hugged her in a friendly manner in case she would push him away. “Stay safe” he broke the hug in a second before going to Kai.

 

“Take care, don’t drown yourself with books. Saewon is yours to take care” Luhan said with a smile and Kai stared back, he didn’t know what to say to his hyung. A part of his heart was dead to see his brother leaving him and another part of his heart confused as to why his brother is giving up so early.

 

‘For now’ Luhan smirked and walked back to the four. “I guess it’s late already. Let’s go” Luhan called out and turned around to give a big bow.

 

“I will visit you all sooner than you think. I still have some unfinished business to do” he saluted them and turned to exit the palace.

 

======================