Chapter 77

99% Males 1% Females

 

 

            I greeted MC Zhang with a smile.  She was really sweet, as she offered me some refreshments before we started the interview.  I turned to Lu Han and smiled.  “Do you want some?”I asked.  Although the Youku representative did not ask to interview Lu Han, he wanted to be there.  He had also wanted to clarify assumptions.

            He smiled.  “You didn’t eat anything today.” he replied.

            We barely landed in Beijing an hour ago and almost got caught in traffic.  I was grateful that we even got to the station in time.  I was so stressed out about the interview that I didn’t want to eat.  I just wanted to get the interview over with, so the weight will be lifted off my shoulders.  It was a Saturday and when we get back to Korea tomorrow, Lu Han and I will be meeting with Dispatch an hour after we land.

            Although it was a lot of stress, so I wanted to get over with.  And, since the interview won’t be airing live, the PDs will take at least a week or more to edit.  All that put me to rest is that as soon as one interview is released, then it will be fine.  If Youku releases the interview first, then it will be subbed in Korean by the end of the day somehow

            “Maybe after the show?” I suggested.

            Lu Han frowned, not liking what I said.  I let out a scoff.  “OK, OK.” I replied, with a laugh.  I went to the table of refreshments that was nicely set up by the production team.  I took a small red bean bun and took a bite.

            Lu Han handed me a cup of orange juice as he took a bite of his banana.  He smiled as I continued eating.  “Are you nervous?” I asked him.  He shrugged, unsure.  He’s never been interviewed by a national video hosting website before.

            I smiled, as I reached out for his hand.  He quickly placed it in mine and intertwined our fingers together.  He gave me a light squeeze.  “Everything will be alright.” said Lu Han, with his big twinkling eyes.

            I nodded my head slowly, hoping that everything will be fine after the interviews.

 

 

            “Hello everyone.” greeted MC Zhang, into the filming camera.  “Today we have a lovely young couple with us!”  She turned to look at us, which cued us to greet the viewers.

            I quickly smiled into the camera and waved.  “Hi everyone!” I greeted.  “This is Chung Mia.  It has been a while since I’ve been in China and I’m really glad to be able to here with you all today.”

            “Hello everyone.” smiled Lu Han, next to me.  He looked directly into the camera.  If I had never met him, I would have thought that he was a famous entertainer or something because he was that good looking and natural in front of the cameras.  Even if he was nervous, he didn’t show it nor did he say anything to me about it.  “My name is Ching Lu Han.”  Not wanting to say anything more personal than that, he left it at that.

            “So, Mia, as a rising young star you have many fans, correct?” asked MC Zhang.

            “Yes, I do.” I nodded, with a small smile. 

            “You are really popular here in China, do you know that?” laughed MC Zhang.

            I laughed with her.  “Well, I know that I have the most fans in Korea and China, but I wouldn’t say that I’m really popular.

            MC Zhang smiled.  “Don’t be so modest!” she said.  “Many of your fans had requested us to do another interview with you, so that was why the PD contacted you.

            I laughed and looked into the camera.  “To my fans, I know that you all missed me a lot and I missed having activities here in China as well.” I said, honestly.  “Just be patient and within a year or two, I will come back after I graduate from my undergraduate studies~!

            “I know that with your fans, you must grateful for their love and support, right?” asked MC Zhang.

            “Of course.” I nodded.  “I wouldn’t have been as popular as I am if it wasn’t for them.

            “But…” started MC Zhang, slowly.  She was easing the viewers and us into the reason why we were there in the first place.  “I’m sure it must have been really difficult for you lately.  About a week ago today, you had announced on your official blog that you are engaged.

            “Yes, I did.” I replied.  I quickly turned to look at Lu Han and he flashed me an encouraging smile as he took my hand in his.  I turned back to MC Zhang with a big smile.

            “We will be getting married.” stated Lu Han.

            “Is there a set date yet?” asked MC Zhang.

            “No.” Lu Han and I laughed together.

            “I barely proposed to her last week.” defended Lu Han, with a big smile.

            “How did you two met each other?” asked MC Zhang.

            Lu Han and I laughed.  “Our fathers are best friends.” he explained.  “Initially, we both met when we were 2 years old at my mother’s funeral but we were only toddlers…  So, we don’t have much memory of that.  But, over the years of growing up, the Chung family would always send pictures of their lives all over the world.  It wasn’t until about 4 years ago when I met them again.  I went over to Korea as an exchange student to learn Korean and Mia’s family permanently resides there.  So, my dad suggested that I should just transfer over to the school that her father teaches at, which is the same university that Mia and I are currently attending.

            MC Zhang flashed us a big, happy smile.  “So, after meeting each other after 16 years, was it love at first sight?” she questioned.

            I laughed out loud.  Our love story is far from a Korean drama.  “No.” I replied.  “He hated me the moment I said ‘Hello.’”

            “What?” asked Lu Han, confused.  “You did not say ‘Hello!’  You said ‘How are you?’ with one of the most thickest accents I’ve heard!

            “You didn’t know Mandarin?” laughed MC Zhang, surprised.

            I tried to cover Lu Han’s mouth, but it was obviously too late.  Embarrassed, I just smiled like a lame person.  “No, not at that time.” I replied.  “Although my parents and brother know fluent Mandarin, I didn’t because we always moved around so much when we were younger.  It was really hard for me to adapt to the Korean language when we first moved to Korea, so my parents spoke a lot of Korean to me.  I caught on easily afterwards, but my Mandarin became choppy after years of living there.  My parents were really glad that Lu Han came and helped me learn proper Mandarin.

            “Well, Lu Han is from Beijing, right?” asked MC Zhang.  And, he nodded.  “That means that he has the most standard Mandarin, which makes it much easier for you then.

            I nodded my head.  “It definitely did!” I replied.

            “Your costar, Zhang Yixing, is from Hunan.  So, was it hard for you to understand him?

            “No, not really.  He was trying to make the standard Mandarin stick, so he spoke mostly without his accent.  But, eventually, he got too comfortable and would always talk to me like I am his older sister.  So, I actually caught onto the Hunan accent.

            MC Zhang laughed.  “Did you really?” she asked.  “I would like to hear it.”

            “I would like to hear it too.” pouted Lu Han, making me want to squeal like a fangirl.

            I laughed and then took a deep breath.  “Yixing, I know that you are really busy right now, but I hope that we will be able to meet up soon.  I missed you a lot and I can’t wait to see you when I come back to Korea.” I said, with the Hunan accent.

            “Waah!!” said Lu Han, as he, MC Zhang, and the production team clapped.

            “That was really crisp and clean.” she said.  “If you didn’t tell me that you didn’t know how to speak Mandarin, I would have never known.  You’re a fast learner.

            “I have a really good teacher, that’s why.” I smiled.

            MC Zhang smiled.  “Well, congratulations on your engagement~!!  How were people’s initial reactions to the engagement?

            I laughed.  “My family already knew about it because Lu Han went to my dad to ask for my hand in marriage.” I said.  “And, my friends weren’t surprised, but I was!

            “How could you really be surprised?” asked Lu Han, with a laugh.  “I even told you that I wanted to marry you for a long time.”

            “I know, but I didn’t know that it was going to be within this year.” I explained, looking at him.  He just laughed and shook his head.  “I thought that you were going to propose after we graduate.”

            “See?” said Lu Han.  “That was exactly why I didn’t wait to propose to you because I wanted to get you when you’re off guard!”

            I laughed and softly came to a stop.  “Everyone is happy for us, except for my fans.” I added.  There was no way I could forget about them.  They play a huge role in my career, whether I will succeed or not.  Not only that, but their love and support for me is so great beyond imaginable. 

            “How did you felt when you saw the negative comments regarding that blog post?” asked MC Zhang, seriously.

            I paused, feeling sad and tears blind my eyes.  I wouldn’t let myself cry over something small like this.  I had Lu Han at my side and nothing could ever break us apart because I know that he will always be there no matter way.  I blinked my tears away as I looked into the camera.  The set was dead silent as MC Zhang waited.

            “To be honest, I was heartbroken.” I replied.  “I was really sad that my fans did not support my relationship with Lu Han.  I will never be able to turn my back on them because they love and support so much...  And, it was really sad that they did not approve of Lu Han.

            “Lu Han, I know that there has been a lot of hate mail and messages sent to your Weibo before you shut it down.  Did it affected your relationship with Mia at all?

            “No.” he smiled.  “Not at all.”

            “I don’t mean to bring bad memories back or anything, but I was wondering if there were any negative comments that you remembered receiving?

            Lu Han thought for a bit.  And, I had never had such an urge to kiss his cute, deep-in-thought face before.  “There are quite a few.” he replied.  “There was one user that I am sure was a male fan…  I read it so many times because it was the first hate mail that I had received when my name was leaked…  Please excuse me for my language.  The person wrote, ‘You motherless better stay away from Chung Mia.  Just because you’re made of filthy money, don’t think that you can get her to yourself.  You may had deceived her, but you will never deceive us fans who care the most for her.  You don’t care for her.  You only care about getting into her pants.’  There were so many more messages along those lines cursing my parents, my ancestors, and my ancestors’ ancestors, and so many other kinds of messages.” 

            I was horrified.  I didn’t know that people had sent such messages to him because he would never tell me.  Lu Han let out a light laugh, obviously not caring much about the hate my fans had sent him.  I turned to him, feeling horrible that he went through things like that just for me.

            “Most of the hate messages were threatening me.  They were saying that if I don’t then bad things will happen…  There was an incident before where the front window of my car was cracked while I visiting my friend.  I had only parked there for no more than 30 minutes and when I came back, it was completely broken.  The person left a message regarding Mia and I didn’t bother to go out any more because I didn’t want to provoke that person because he or she knows about my whereabouts.” said Lu Han. 

            “I didn’t know that.” I butted in, horrified.  I couldn’t believe that I was barely hearing about it now.  People are stupid and tend to upload any hate mail or crime like this.  If I didn’t have such a weak heart, then I would have known about this by now.  “Lu Han, why didn’t you tell me?

            “I didn’t want you to worry.” he breathed.  He smiled me a small

            I opened my mouth to say something when I felt MC Zhang’s hand on my shoulder.  “Mia, Lu Han was only trying to protect you.” she said. 

            But, still, how could he possibly protect me from the hatred my fans had shown towards him? 

            “People don’t understand.” I said, softly.  “Lu Han isn’t the type of guy that everyone thinks he is.  He’s not a playboy.  He’s actually quite committed!  Like I said before, I have never experienced true friendship until Lu Han.”  I turned to look at him.  I could feel my eyes burn.  “He’s been the greatest friend I could ever possibly ask for because he’s been at my side through the thick and thin.  No one will ever understand.

            “Mia and I have known each other for almost 4 years now and we’ve been through a lot…  People may hate and say whatever they want, but I care a lot about Mia and am not planning on leaving anytime soon.” smiled Lu Han, as his grip on my hand tightened.  "I know that my past has made many doubt how much I care and how commited I am to Mia...  I am not that playboy that everyone says that I am, I care a lot for her.  If I didn't, then I wouldn't be here.  The producer didn't ask me to be on the show today, I was the one that suggested it and I am here.  I am here with Mia today, at her side.  I won't leave, no matter what happens."

            MC Zhang nodded her head.  “Wow.” she simply said.  “Would you say that you’re in love with her?”

            I looked over at Lu Han and his smile was so big and happy.  I couldn’t contain myself from smiling as well.  “I love Mia.” he nodded, into the camera.  He met my eyes.  “I love you, Mia.”

            I smiled.  “I love you too, Lu Han.” I said.  His hand came up and wiped a stray tear away.

            “Ever since I met you, Mia, a few months ago during an interview for Youku, I was really mesmerized by you.” said MC Zhang, grabbing my attention.  “So, after our initial meeting, I became a really big fan of yours and kept my tab on you.  I probably check one of your fansites at least once a day to feel happy because I know that you’re a really great person with a lot of talent.

            “Thank you.” I bowed.  I didn’t know that MC Zhang was a fan.  I know that she enjoyed the movie a lot, but I didn’t know because she never said anything.

            “Oh, no.  Not at all.” laughed MC Zhang.  Her laughter toned down softly.  “When you replied to the question regarding your relationship with Lu Han, I wasn’t surprised and was glad that you were honest.  Even though I don’t know Lu Han personally, I could only imagine all those emotions that he might had felt when he heard your heartfelt message…  It was a very personal, loving, and honest message that you bravely replied.

            “Since I was there in the audience that night, as soon as I got home from the concert I looked up Lu Han because I didn’t know that much about him.  All I know is the he is the son of CEO Ching Hao of Ching Oils & Refinery.  And, to be honest, I was really worried about you, Mia, when I found out about things posted on the net.” she said.  She looked over at Lu Han and smiled an apologetic smile.  “Initially, I was worried.  But, I watched a fancam of your heartfelt message to him and I knew then…  I knew it then there was something special about him.  So, even though you feel like none of your fans support you, I do.  And, I’m sure there are some few out there does as well.  Don’t feel discouraged.”

            I smiled as I grabbed her hand.  “Thank you.” I heard Lu Han and I said, in unison.  I turned to him and he was smiling down at me.  Without warning, he leaned over and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hi everyone!!!  I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!  ^.^

            Sorry that the interview wasn’t that long…  I couldn’t possibly make MC Zhang ask all these questions when you already know everything that go on!  LOL  And, I had to make the MC ease into the topic of their engagement in the beginning.  It wouldn’t be really nice if she just suddenly asked them about that and I didn’t like how serious the interview would become right away.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho