Chapter 29

99% Males 1% Females

            After dinner, Mason and I offered to wash the dishes by hand.  My parents went upstairs, to get ready to sleep.  Lu Han was standing around, unsure of what to do.

            “I think I’m going to hit the shower.” said Lu Han, as he motioned to go upstairs.

            “Oh, Lu Han!” I said, looking over at him as I soap up the dishes.  “You, Mason, and I should stay up all night and talk!” 

            He flashed me a look.  “Mia, you need to get some rest for tomorrow’s performance.” he said.  And, with that, he walked upstairs.

            “Yah!  Can’t you tell I’m excited?  Mason’’s home!” I yelled after him.

            “Think of your voice!” said Lu Han, from the top of the stairs.  Then, I heard him open and closed the door to his room.

            I pouted, as I turned to Mason.  “You’re going to tell me the same thing too, right?” I asked.

            He nodded his head with a smile.  “Lu Han’s right.” he said.

            We finished washing the dishes quickly and went to sit in the living room.  Mason wanted to watch some Korean TV since he hasn’t been home in a while.  But, he wasn’t really watching it.  Instead, he was talking to me…  About Lu Han.

            “So…  You and Lu Han seem to be pretty close.” commented Mason.

            I stared at him and shrugged, not really sure with what he was trying to get at.

            “Are you playing around?” asked Mason, seriously.

            “No.” I replied, rolling my eyes.  “Why would I kid around with something like that?!”

            Mason laughed, softly.  “I thought that you hated him.” he said.

            “I didn’t hate him…  I dislike him at times.” I defended myself.

            “You said hate many times, kiddo.” smiled Mason, as he patted my head.  “I saw you holding hands with himearlier.”

            I rolled my eyes and was about to defend myself.  “It was after you thanked the audience for coming and then I saw you holding his hand, taking him backstage…” said Mason, softly.  He was eyeing me closely and I didn’t like it.

            “I needed him to clean up the roses he left in my dressing room.”

            “You mean the expensive, beautiful yellow roses he got you?”

            “It’s not what you think!  Lu Han and I…  Are just really good friends.”

            Mason took a good long look at me and then he let out a laugh.  “I know.” he said.  “I was just teasing you.”

            I got mad and hit him in the chest really hard.  “OW!” said Mason, rubbing the area that I punched him.  “Gosh, Mia…  It’s not like you two don’t already get that everywhere!”

            I started to get teary out of frustration.  “Mason!  Of course I’m going to get all defensive about this, especially if it’s coming from you…  Making your stupid accusations!” I said.  “You, of all people, should understand me the most!!”

            He laughed and brought his hand up to wipe my tears.  “Mei mei, you’re so foolish sometimes.” he said.  “I also have another thing to talk to you about…  I didn’t know that you were experienced with kissing.”

            I was literally speechless for a few seconds.  How do I tell him without telling him that I actually shared my first kiss with Lu Han?, I thought.  He can read me like a book.

            “It’s because I didn’t before you left.” I answered, meekly.

            Mason stared at me, expressionless.  “Was your first kiss with your costar?” he asked, softly.

            I slipped and hesitated to answer, making myself look suspicious.  “It was with Lu Han, wasn’t it?”

            I let out a long breath and nodded my head.  “Hm…  I’m not surprised…  I can tell that you guys don’t any romantic feelings for each other.  And, that your relationship is really pure friendship…  So, this should be something that I shouldn’t worry about.”  Mason just shrugged it off like it was nothing.

            I let out a sigh of relief.  “Thank you, Mason for being so understanding.” I said.

            Mason smiled.  “Of course.  Besides me, who is going to understand you the best?” he stated.  He patted my head.

            I smiled and hugged him.  “Oh, Mason…  I missed you so much.” I said.  “I wish you can stay here with me forever and ever.”

 

**********************

 

            Lu Han smiled as he hung up his phone.  He had just called his dad to send over their private jet for Mason.  It would be easier for him to get home if they have a direct flight into New York City than flying with a commercial airplane.  Lu Han wanted it to be easy for Mason to get back, knowing that Mia and her parents must be worried about him missing school and all.

            He could hear the Chung siblings in the hallway.  It sounded like Mia was making a commotion out of something that Mason said.  Then, there was a knock at the door and he got up from the desk to open it.  Mason flashed him a smile as he stood there.  They were going to share the bed tonight.  He stepped in.

            “Mia wanted me to sleep with her tonight…” Mason stated, as he walked over to his drawer.  That was where most of his clothes were stored, according to Mia, since Lu Han was using the closet.

            “But, I told her that I wanted to sleep with you because I’ve always wanted a little brother.” Mason finished, with a laugh.

            “What was her reaction?” asked Lu Han, curious.

            “She was so pissed off that she flipped me off before going into her room.” replied Mason, as he pulled out a t-shirt and a pair of track pants.  He quickly pulled off the clothes he was wearing and put on the new clothing items.

            As far as Lu Han is concerned, Mason already took his shower earlier when he got here.  So, he didn’t really need to shower.  Even if he didn’t, Lu Han wouldn’t had cared unless if he was stinking up the place.

            Lu Han let out a laugh.  “Mason ge, did you really want a little brother when you were younger?” he asked, curious.

            He let out a soft laugh and nodded his head.  “Only before I went to school because Dad was always busy so I was deprived of male-interactions.” he said.  “Mom was always home, so I was tired of having female-interactions…  Besides, that, no.  But, I don’t mind.”

            Mason beamed a bright smile at Lu Han.  “I bet you were a cute kid when you were little.” he commented, as he took his spot on the bed.  “And, you must be a babe magnet then and now.”

            Lu Han let out a laugh as he sat on the bed.  “Kind of…” he said, trying to be modest.

            “Girls love baby faces.” nodded Mason.  “They always do…  I bet you caused some trouble here at BYU at the beginning of the semester, huh?”

            Lu Han couldn’t help it, but laughed again.  He nodded his head.

            “You’re a troublemaker, Lu Han.” said Mason, as he patted him on the shoulder like an older brother.  “Don’t get yourself caught, now~  How many girls have you dated?”

            “Dated?  Only one, but that was just one date.”

            Mason smiled.  “Really?”  He eyed the younger boy closely.  “Mia’s not getting in your way, is she?”

            “No, of course not!” Lu Han replied, quickly.  “I just haven’t really been dating because I just recently got out of a relationship before I left China.”

            Mason nodded, understanding.  He smiled.  “That’s perfectly fine.” he said.  Then, he hesitated to say something.

            Lu Han looked at him, questioning.  “Mia…  She said that you were the one that helped her with the kissing scene…” stated Mason, softly.

            A blush quickly crept over Lu Han’s face.  “Mason ge, sorry about that!” he apologized, quickly.  “Mia was really frustrated, so I decided to help h-her.  I hope that-”

            “Hey,” stated Mason, as he patted Lu Han on the shoulder.  “It’s OK.  It’s not like you did anything wrong, Lu Han.”

            He looked over at Mason, who was beaming a warm and nice smile at him.  No wonder Mia is so in love with her older brother…  He understands you in so many ways possible.  He’s a good brother, thought Lu Han.  One day, I want to be like Mason.  I want to understand people, be warm and open to any point of views in this way.  Not to mention, he's so cool...

 

 

            The next morning, Lu Han woke up feeling like there were 3 people in bed.  From what he remembered last night, it definitely did not feel that crowded.  It was only him and Mason for God’s sake.

            Lu Han turned to his left and felt a body there.  The faint smell of coconut infused with something floral filled his nostrils.  He quickly opened his eyes to see Mia napping in between him and Mason.  Lu Han lifted his head to look over at Mason and he was still asleep.

            Maybe he’s jetlagged, Lu Han thought as he rested his head on the pillow.

            Mia shifted her body to her side, facing him.  She opened her eyes softly.  “You guys …” she pouted.  “Leaving me out of your conversation.”

            “What?” whispered Lu Han, confused.  “We just had a little chat before we slept.”

            He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, not wanting to fall off the bed.  He still wanted to be in bed, but with Mia there…  It would be impossible for him not to fall off the bed.  Mia didn’t reply and rolled her eyes. 

            “What?!  It’s not like we did anything wrong?!” said Lu Han, a little bit louder.

            “What the hell?!  You’re the little brother that Mason has always wanted?!” asked Mia, offended.  Her voice was loud and clear.

            “Can you two just shut up!!” boomed Mason, angry.  “You guys are so annoying like an old married couple or something…”

            Mia quickly turned to Mason and hit him on the shoulder.  He was startled so he fell off the bed.  “Mason, I hate you.” she said, as she threw his pillow down at him.

            “Aish!  What the hell, Mia?!” said Mason, as he rubbed his eyes.  “Can’t you tell I’m jetlagged?  Gessh….”

            Mia started apologizing right away and helped Mason back on the bed.  Lu Han started laughing at how she was acting.  Then, she turned to him.

            “Lu Han!  Get off the bed!” Mia said, as she got on the bed.  She was trying to shove him off.

            “Why?!” he asked.

            “You’re my competition!” Mia replied.

            “Your competition?” asked Lu Han.  “Tsk.  The hell I am, considering the fact that you’re being so annoying right now.”  Mia hit him on the chest.  “What the hell?!!” 

            Lu Han sat up in bed and gave her a light shove.  Mason just groans, annoyed.  She started to hit Lu Han back in the chest.  All the sudden, the door bell downstairs started ringing.

            “Thank God!!” said Mason, into his pillow.  “You two go get the darn door.”  

            He was growling and Lu Han didn’t want to stick around anymore.  So, the pair headed downstairs to open the door.  Mia quickly pulled the door open to reveal Heawoo, who was a bit surprised to see them in their pjs, and the boy that Mia met last night.  He just stood there and swallowed hard.

            “Uh…  Good morning?” smiled Heawoo, feeling uncomfortable.  “It seemed like you two had a good night together…”

            Mia could feel Lu Han breathing down her neck, which meant that he was way too close for anyone to just think that they’re only friends.  She quickly elbowed Lu Han’s stomach and he took a step back out of pain.

            “What the hell, Mia?!” breathed Lu Han, as he went to sit on the couch.  He was winded.

            She just smiled at the two and they smiled back.  “Oh, Mia!” said Heawoo.  “By the way,” She took the Lu Han look-a-like’s arm and pushed him towards Mia at the doorway.  “This is my younger cousin, Oh Sehun.  I heard that you two met last night.”

            Heawoo sent Mia a wink and she looked up at the boy’s face.  He was blushing and looked down at the ground shyly.

 

 

            Lu Han looked over at Mia and scrunched up his face in disgust.  She literally became a fangirl in front of the guy-that-she-thought-was-him-last-night.  She was beaming a 2000 watt smile at him and cooed at him like a baby.  And…  It was annoying.

            Are you serious?  If this is all that I woke up to, then I might as well go back to sleep, thought Lu Han.

            “Lu Han,” said Heawoo, grabbing his attention.  “Is your Korean a lot better now?  It sounds like it is.”

            He smiled at her.  “Yeah, I’m learning a lot.” he replied.  “But, it’s still hard though with writing sentences, the characters, and sentence forming.”

            Heawoo smiled and nodded her head.  Lu Han eyed her closely.  She seemed to be calmer than the last time he met her, which he was thankful for.

            “How was Mia this morning?” she asked, randomly.

            “Uh…  Annoying.” replied Lu Han.  “She kept on bothering Mason and I.”

            Heawoo laughed.  She was about to say something when Mia interrupted her.

            “Omo!  Sehun, you’re so cute!” she said.  “Can Noona kiss you?!”

            “What?” laughed Lu Han, as he looked over at the other two.

            Mia was infatuated by the younger boy.  Yes, he was cute…  But, still…  She wasn't being herself usual today.  Was she really like that around boys she liked?  Before Sehun could reply, she wrapped her arms around his neck.  Then, gave him a quick peck on the cheek.  His face flamed up with embarrassment.  Lu Han turned away, disgusted.

            Why do I have to live through this now?  Where in the world is Mason, so he can stop this disgusting scene I’m watching?!!, thought Lu Han.

            All the sudden, Heawoo stood up from where she was sitting at the counter.  Lu Han watched her as she walked over to Sehun and Mia.  “Sehun-ah, I think we should get going now.” said Heawoo.

            They’ve only been there for 10 minutes.

            “Oh.” replied Sehun, sad.  “Heawoo Noona, do you need to go do something?”

            She nodded her head.  Sehun nodded his head in response and turned to Mia.  “M-Mia Noona…” he smiled, shyly.  “I-It was really nice getting to know you.”

            “Sehun, I’m so glad I got to meet you.” she replied and gave him a quick hug.

            The younger boy got off his chair and walked over to Lu Han.  “It was nice to meet you, Lu Han.” he said, as he stuck out his hand.

            Lu Han quickly looked down at it and he could feel some form of tension between the two.  “Sure.” he replied, in a tone that he didn’t intend to imply.  To Lu Han, the way tone he replied sounded like he was mad or upset at Sehun.

            Regardless, Lu Han quickly brushed off that off and quickly shook the younger boy’s hand.  Sehun’s handshake was firm, to Lu Han’s surprise.  He looked up at him and, without thinking, made a face.  Whatever facial expression Lu Han made, it scared Sehun.  He immediately dropped Lu Han’s hand.

            Sehun swallowed hard, uncomfortably, after the handshake.  He quickly walked back to Heawoo’s side.  Lu Han just watched them as Mia led them back to the front door.

            Why is there even tension between us?, thought Lu Han.  It’s not like I’m mad at him or anything.  If it’s anyone, it’s Mia.  She’s just annoying the heck out of me right now.  She’s the one that ruined my sleep after all!  And, now YOU, darn little boy!

            Lu Han felt something at his foot.  He looked down and it was Misty.  He smiled and brought up on the counter.  “Misty, your mom is so annoying today.” he said to the cat.  He started to pet her and she purred loudly.  “Can you scratch her for me?  Please?”

            He could tell that Misty could care less of his command.  She just wanted to be petted for her own leisure.  Lu Han let out a sigh.  “You take after your mom.” he commented, not wanting to pet the cat anymore. 

 

Author’s Note:

            Yes, some of you guessed it right!  The Lu Han look a like is Sehun!  I couldn’t help myself because they really do! 

            Anyways, this chapter was kind of boring for me…  Hope you guys enjoyed it anyways. 

^^

            And, LOL.  Lu Han became a er.  It doesn’t seem like Sehun’s going to get any action.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho