Chapter 46

99% Males 1% Females

            Lu Han didn’t know what to do by the time I rolled to the end of the staircase.  He was no longer joking around, which I was grateful for.  But, he panicked and took me to the nearby hospital.  By the time we reached the ER, my twisted left ankle swelled up like a balloon.  It was impossible for me to walk.  And since it wasn’t a life threatening emergency, we had to wait in line.

            I glared at Lu Han as I looked up how to treat a sprained ankle on my phone.  The directions said to rest, put ice on it for 15 minutes, wrap the swollen area for support, and keep the ankle elevated above the torso to keep it from throbbing.

            “Lu Han, we should just go home!” I suggested.  “We’re going to waste our time here!  We already missed our writing class!!”

            He turned to me.  “No!  Mia, you’re hurt!” he said.  “We need to make sure that you’re fine!”

            I shook my head.  “Do you know how long it’ll probably take?  6 HOURS!!!” I stated.  “Besides, I’m in a lot of pain.  Let’s just go get me some pain killers and ankle support.”

            Lu Han opened his mouth to say something, but stopped himself.  I quickly added, “It’s my birthday.”

            He let out a sigh.  “Fine.” he said, as he stood up.  He quickly motioned down and scooped me up in his arms.  And, we were out of there in 5 minutes.

 

 

           

            I knew that Minyu and Eunsung wanted to laugh at me when they found out about my accident.  They came over for my birthday party.  Instead of celebrating in the dining room, we had to celebrate in the living room instead because my leg had to be propped up.

            “Aiya!  Mia, you need to be more careful!” said Mom, angry.  She was fluffing a pillow for my defected ankle.  “For all I know, you could have died!!”

            “Mom, Lu Han was there!!” I said, pointing accusingly at him.

            He quickly started to bow.  “I’m sorry.  I’m sorry, Aunt Chung, for not taking care of Mia well enough.” he apologized.

            Dad started to laugh.  “As long as you marry her, then it’ll be fine.” he commented.

            I gasped.  “Dad, Lu Han has a girlfriend!” I quickly said.

            “Really?” he asked, surprised.  He turned to Lu Han.  “I’m sorry, son.  I didn’t know.”

            Lu Han just smiled.  “No, it’s OK.” he said.

            “Mr. Chung, do you want a son-in-law like Lu Han?” asked Minyu, before I could stop her.

            Dad laughed.  “Of course!  Who wouldn’t?” he asked.  “Lu Han takes good care of Mia.”

            “My older brother will make a great husband for Mia, Mr. Chung.” chimed in Eunsung.

            I turned away from them as they made plans for my future husband and I.  I glared at Lu Han.  For all I know, if he didn’t play that stupid, meanjoke on me then I wouldn’t be on the couch with my swollen ankle elevated above my torso.  And, I would probably be having more fun.  He gave me a pouty face and I shoved my hand into his face.

            “Yah!  Don’t even try to give me that face!!” I said, angry.  I pushed Lu Han’s face away from mine.

            “Mia!!” yelled Mom, as she pulled my hands away from Lu Han’s neck.  “You’re still mad at Lu Han?!”

            “Why wouldn’t I be mad?!” I yelled.  “It’s my birthday and I can’t even walk properly!”

            Eunsung and Minyu started to snicker.  I quickly turned to give them the death glare and they automatically stopped.  “I’m sorry.” said Lu Han, softly.

            I sighed.  “It’s OK.” I replied.  “It was really my fault anyways…”

            It really was my fault.  If I hadn’t lunged myself at him, then I wouldn’t had fallen down the stairs.  And, if I was able to get him, then it would be Lu Han that would have gotten the twisted ankle.  As much as I wanted to blame him, it wasn’t his fault. 

 

 

            I was about to fall asleep when I felt Lu Han slipped into my bed.  It actually felt awkward to have him in my bed.  We haven’t talked much to each other, even after that night that when I stepped on glass.  Even though we live together, we don’t see each other. 

            Lu Han was always leaving early and coming home late.  He and I have been so busy with our separate lives…  It was awkward to do the things that we used to be so comfortable doing.  Not to mention the fact that he had a girlfriend too.

            As Lu Han made his self comfortable on my bed, I couldn’t stop thinking about Seohyun…  And, how she would feel to find her boyfriend in his female friend’s bed.  Then, I suddenly had an urge to want to kick him off my bed.  But, I couldn’t bring myself to do so.

            I could feel Lu Han move closer to me.  He was literally breathing on my face.  He placed his head on my shoulder with his soft hair tickling my jaw.

            “What’s wrong, Mia?” asked Lu Han.  “You seem to be a bit tense tonight.

            I rolled my eyes.  You make it sound like you sleep with me every night!, I thought.  I didn’t bother to reply.  I wanted to turn to my side, but my left leg was on at least 3 pillows so my ankle wouldn’t hurt as much.

            Lu Han let out a sigh, as he propped himself on his elbows.  “I’m sorry for doing what I did earlier.” he said.  “For setting you up, making you think that Baekhyun liked you, and for ruining your birthday…  I hope that you would forgive me.”

            I looked into Lu Han’s eyes.  They seem to be sincere, but mostly regretful.  I let out a breath.  “I forgive you.” I said.

            “That doesn’t sound like you mean it.” stated Lu Han.

            “Then, just forget about what you did.” I said, angry.  “I don’t really care anymore…”  There was a silence as Lu Han sat up on my bed.  “It was really my fault anyways.  I was the one that made me fell down the stairs.  Sorry for blaming it on you.”

            “No,” said Lu Han, shaking his head.  “If I didn’t play that stupid trick on you, then you wouldn’t be hurt.”

            I yawned, tired.  “Lu Han, it’s OK.” I said.  “Don’t worry…  I’ll be fine.”

            He soundlessly placed his head on my stomach.  I quickly tense up, but calmed down when I felt his arms wrapped around my waist.  Lu Han buried his face into my stomach and that tickled me.  I let out a soft laugh.

            “You made me really worried back there when you fell down the stairs…” he said, seriously.  His voice was muffled by my body, but I could tell that it was weak.  It almost sounded like he was about to cry.  “Please stay with me…  Promise me that you’re never going to leave.”

            Promise?, I thought.  I smiled.  “I promise to stay with you forever and for always.” I said.

            I could feel Lu Han’s lips curl into a smile through the thin material of my shirt.  “And, I promise to be by your side as well…  We will be together forever and for always.” he said.  His voice was still muffled, but he sounded happy.

 

 

            Lu Han insisted that we take the car to school so I wouldn’t have to limp there, but that was ridiculous.  It would have been the same amount of walking, so I didn’t care.  As I limped my way there, Lu Han insisted to hold my hand.

            I glared at him.  “Are you serious?” I asked.  “You have a girlfriend!!!”

            Lu Han blinked at me.  “So?” he asked, not caring.

            I rolled my eyes, as I try to limp as fast as I could.  It was impossible.  Lu Han quickly caught up behind me.  He took my hand in his.

            “I don’t understand the meaning of this!!!” I scream.  I shook our intertwined hands in Lu Han’s face.  “How does THIS help me walk any better?!!!!

            He just smiled, as he let go my hand.  Lu Han offered me his back and gave me a piggy back ride all the way to school.  I smiled as I nuzzled into his shoulder.  He smelled good, whatever cologne it was that he used, and I liked it.

            “I’m going to take you to your classes and pick you up.” said Lu Han.

            “Huh?” I asked.  “Why?”

            “You can’t walk all over the place like that!” said Lu Han.

            I laughed.  “Who cares?!  It’ll just take me a bit longer to get to class.” I said.

            “No!” said Lu Han, strictly.  “I don’t want you to injure yourself…  You need to heal quickly.  You already canceled your dance class this weekend because of me.  I don’t want you to be behind on your dancing classes.  I don’t want you to lose your chance of debuting…”

            I smiled.  “Awww…  Lu Han…” I said, feeling grateful to have a friend like him.  “Is this really necessary though?  You might as well get me a wheelchair!”

            He laughed.  “No, I’ll just use my humanly strength to carry you everywhere.” he said.

            “Well, I’m quite surprise that you are even this strong.” I said.

            Lu Han glared at me.  I knew that he had an urge to want to drop me on the spot, but he continued to walk.  “Don’t make me drop you.” he said.

            “You’re the one that offered.” I smiled, as I held onto him tighter.  I rested my cheek on his shoulder.

            It was nice to be with Lu Han again.  I haven’t been with him for so long that it became awkward.  But, once we were together again, we became close again.  Our friendship seemed to be so natural and comfortable, regardless of what happened between us.

            I closed my eyes slowly.  I hope that our friendship will continue to be like this…  Forever, I thought.

 

Author’s Note:

            I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!  ^^  I honestly think that Lu Han is a bit…  Dumb.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho