Chapter 38

99% Males 1% Females

            I went upstairs to put the things Kris and I bought away when I bumped into Lu Han.  It seemed like he must had gotten home a while ago since he was already out of his suit and in comfortable clothes.  There was an expression on his face that I couldn’t read.  Lu Han flashed a small smile when he saw me though.

            “I heard that you worked late today.” I said, as I walked past him to my room.

            “Is that what he said?” Lu Han asked.

            I turned to him, confused.  “What?” I asked.

            Lu Han shook his head.  “Nothing.” he said. 

            “OK?” I asked, as I continued to my room.  Lu Han followed me, which I didn’t mind.

            “What did you buy?” he asked, as I opened the door to my room.

            “Kris bought me a pair of gloves, makeup, and skincare.” I replied, with a shrug.  We entered the bedroom together and Lu Han closed the door behind him.

            “Oh.” I heard him said, as I set the bag of things on the desk and my guzheng on the ground.

            I turned to face Lu Han.  He looked sad for some unknown reason.  “Hey,” I said, as I approached him.  I reached up to fix his stray hair back in place.  “What’s wrong?”

            “Nothing.” Lu Han replied, quickly.  He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. 

            Lu Han hugged me and I took a good whiff of his cologne as I wrapped my arms around his skinny waist.  “We should head down, Lu Han.” I suggested into his chest.

            “No, it’s OK.” he said, as he pulled me closer to him.  “Butler Lue and the others are still setting up.”

            “Kris is eating dinner with us.” I said.

            I could feel Lu Han pressed his soft lips against my ear.  “I miss you.” he whispered.  “And, I’m sorry that I couldn’t get out of work earlier to come pick you up.”

            “It’s OK.” I said, as I looked up at him.

            Lu Han smiled when our eyes met.  “I’m sorry for being such an the other day for throwing your suitcase into the creek.” he said.

            Why is he so apologetic all the sudden?  It’s weird, I thought.

            I shook my head.  “It’s OK.” I said, with a smile.  “You took me on a shopping spree, right?”

            “No,” said Lu Han, frowning.  “I was being rude.” 

            I was about to tell him to let it go when there was a knock at the door.  “Yes?” asked Lu Han, as he looked over his shoulder.

            “Young master and Miss Mia, the table has been set up.  Master and Mister Kris is waiting for you two.” said Maid Bai.

            Lu Han swallowed hard and nodded his head, as he slowly released me from the hug.  But, he kept our hands linked as he led me out of the room.  “Mia, I have something to give to you later.” he said.

            “Really?” I asked, surprised.  “What is it?”

            Lu Han smiled.  “It’s a surprise.” he said.

 

 

            I thought that it was weird that Lu Han was so quiet throughout dinner.  He’s usually talkative and joking around.  There was something bothering him.  He’s going to have to tell me eventually, I thought.

            “One of Lu Han and my friends, Li Wei, is going to be having a birthday party next week, I was wondering if you would like to go.” said Kris, as he turned to look at me.

            “Really?” asked Uncle Ching.  “I completely forgot.  Lu Han, remind me to buy her a gift.”  He turned to his son and they started a side conversation.

            “What day?” I asked, as I turned to face Kris.  I didn’t want to get drunk and have to go to class the next day.  Master Song would be disappointed in me.

            Kris laughed.  “Don’t worry.  It’s going to be on a Saturday night.” he said.

            I smiled and looked over at Lu Han.  He seemed to be disinterested in the conversation and he was playing around with his food.  All the sudden he looked up and our eyes met.  A small smile crept over Lu Han’s lips.

            “So,” said Kris, grabbing my attention.  I turned to look at him.  “Would you like to go with me?

            I turned back to look over at Lu Han.  “Lu Han, are you going?” I asked.

            “Li Wei’s birthday party?” he asked.  He nodded his head.  “Yeah.”

            I looked over at Kris.  “Why don’t we just carpool?” I suggested.

            “That’s not a bad idea since there is limited parking where she lives.” he replied.  “I’ll-

            “No, it’s OK.  I’ll drive.” suggested Lu Han.  “Since Mia and I are farther away from Li Wei’s place, we’ll just pick you up on the way.

            Kris let out a sigh.  “Sure.” he replied, with a nod.

            After dinner, Kris left and I headed upstairs.  I wanted to take a shower and head to bed early so I could wake up early to practice. 

            “Mia!” said Lu Han.  I turned around to find him at the bottom of the stairs.  “When you’re done showering, come over to my room.” 

            “Do you want to do a face mask with me?” I asked.

            Lu Han stared at me for 10 seconds straight.  I know that you don’t need it, but think of the benefits for your skin, I thought. 

            He let out a groan and ran his hand through his hair.  “Yeah, sure.” he said, half heartily.

            I smiled as I turned around and went upstairs.  After I showered, I grabbed the bag of skincare and headed over to Lu Han’s room.  He smiled as I stepped into his room.  Lu Han’s room is huge.  It was probably 3 of my rooms combined because there was enough room for a sofa as well and it still looked roomy in there.

            “Before we do the mask, I need to show you something first.” said Lu Han.

            He made me sit at the edge of his king sized bed and quickly went into his walk-in closet.  He came back out with a black box.  Lu Han got on his knees in front of me and I just sat there, confused.  He opened it and there was a pair of black lace pumps with red soles.

            Oh my freaking God…  He got me a pair of Christian Louboutin!, I thought, as he slipped one side on my feet.

            “When we went to Seoul last September, I remember you were eyeing the shoes in front of the Christian Louboutin boutique…  I wasn’t sure what to get you for Christmas, so this was all that I got you.” explained Lu Han, unable to make eye contact.  “I got it custom made with memory foam insoles so they’ll be comfortable when you wear them…”  Then, he finally met my eyes.  “I hope you like it.”

            “Lu Han, you remember?” I asked, with a weak voice.  My vision became blurry.

            I could see him nod his eyes, as his hand came up and brushed my tears away with his thumb.  I let out a laugh.

            “This is supposed to be my Christmas present?” I asked.  “How come I didn’t receive it weeks ago?”

            Lu Han sighed.  “It’s because I thought that it was dumb to send a pair of shoes through mail.” he shrugged.

            “Stupid.” I said.  “I love receiving things through mail, as long as they’re not bills.”           Lu Han let out a laugh.  “I guess I don’t know you as well as I thought I did.” he commented.

            I shook my head as I cupped his face.  I pulled it close to mine and brushed my nose against his.

            “No, it’s perfect Lu Han.” I said, with a smile.  I could feel his warm breathe against my face.

            He smiled as he pulled away and let out a breath of relief.  “I’m glad.” laughed Lu Han, as he fanned his face with his hand.  “I was worried that you wouldn’t like it.”

            “Lu Han, why would you say that?” I asked, as I placed my hand on his shoulder.  “I would love anything that you get me.”

            He shrugged his shoulders.  “Who wouldn’t be nervous when giving others a present?” he asked.

            I shook my head as I pulled out a box of SK II cotton face masks.  I opened it and handed one to Lu Han.  He let out a low whistle as he took it.

            “What?” I asked, as I took the shoe off and placed it back in the box.

            “SK II?” questioned Lu Han, as I looked up at him.  He was frowning.  “I thought that you hated luxury things, which is partially why I was worried that you wouldn’t like the shoes…  This is some pretty expensive things Kris got you.”

            I just shrugged as I opened my package.  I crawled to the front of the bed and put on the cotton mask as Lu Han observed me.  I lay down on the bed and I could hear him open his package.  Before I knew it, he was laying down next to me.

            “How come when you go shopping with Kris, you actually buy some things?  But, when you’re with me, you make it complicated and become stubborn.” voiced Lu Han, after a few minutes of silence.

            I didn’t really know how to answer that.  Maybe it was because I didn’t really know Kris?  But, that doesn’t make any sense.  Wouldn’t I be more comfortable shopping with someone I do know?

            “Maybe it’s because I’m used to buying $100 face creams because of my high maintenance face, but not $500 shirts.” I replied.  That did seem to be right.

            A $100 face cream is expensive, but at least you’ll see good results from it eventually.  But, buying a $500 shirt?  I don’t know…  If it wasn’t obvious, I’m not a fashion person.  I rather my skin look good than my wardrobe.

            Lu Han let out a frustrated groan.  “I don’t understand.  You’re quite stylish yourself.  Why didn’t you enjoy it?” he said.

            What?  Did he actually call me stylish?, I thought.  I’m a plain person.  What is he talking about?

            “Oh well.” Lu Han said.  “I liked the clothes that I bought you…  You look good in them.”

            Lu Han wanted me to sleep with him for the night.  I don’t usually mind, but something was definitely different that night.  He usually likes his own personal space, but he was up in my personal bubble. 

            I was feeling uncomfortable when I felt Lu Han’s arm wrap around my waist.  He was literally spooning me.  I turned around to face him.  Even in the dark, I could see the outline of his small face and his deer-like eyes.  I felt Lu Han’s hand came up and cupped my face softly, melting my uneasiness.  His hand was big and warm, which I liked.  He brushed his thumb across my cheek.

            “You know that I care for you, right?” asked Lu Han, randomly.

            I smiled.  “Of course.” I said.  “Why would you ask something like that?”

            “Because I want you to know that.” breathed Lu Han onto my face.

            “I care for you too.” I said.

            “Besides shopping, did you and Kris do anything else today?” he asked.  I could hear curiosity in his voice.

            “No.” I said, as my eyes became heavy.  “I’m tired…”

            “I know you are.” said Lu Han, softly.  I could feel his hand pat my head as I dozed off to sleep.

 

Author’s Note:

I didn't even realize this until I reread this chapter, but...  I totally made Mia blew off Kris's offer for a date.  OMFG.  What did I just do?!!!!

And....   I really do make Lu Han and Mia sleep together A LOT

LOVE,

loveFORyunho