Chapter 71

99% Males 1% Females

A/N: I think this song is fitting for this chapter...  Well, the background music is very nice on my terms.  ^^

 

            Lu Han let out a sigh, unsure of when the group was going to arrive.  He nervously fixed the baseball cap on his head.  He was standing around with the body guards that the production company had ordered to protect the cast.  They have been waiting around for an hour and there were tons of Korean fans waiting for them.  Since the group has been promoting the movie all over Asia, fans find the airport as the easiest way to spot them. 

            In Thailand, the group was completely mobbed by fans…  Toru fell and sprained his wrist because the fans were pushing too hard and their flight was delayed because he had to be rushed to the hospital.  Meanwhile, the others got into their own mishap as well.  Yixing slipped after Toru did, but he was fine with a minor bruise on his knee.   In China, fans had completely taken over the airport.  From the fancams, wherever the group turned there were fans waiting for them.  It looked like everyone was being suffocated as terror etched on their faces.

            At their most recent stop in Japan, one of the fans had ually violated Mia by touching her inappropriately.  That was the last straw for Lu Han.  He couldn’t just sit back and watch as his girlfriend was being violated.  He wanted to be there to protect her, but couldn’t because of school.  There were many fancams that went viral of the incident.  Mia was trying to act as calm as possible as she kept on pushing the fanboy’s hands away from her bottom, but he kept on trying to touch her elsewhere.  Lu Han was grateful that it only last for a few seconds as a security guard quickly intervened and the fanboy stopped.

            I want to protect Mia, he thought.  Even though I couldn’t then, I want to here and now, thought Lu Han.

            “They’re here.” stated one of the bodyguards, into a walkie talkie

            Lu Han had jumped through so many loops to let the company to let him see Mia at the airport and to be there with her.  The company didn’t want anyone suspecting and causing a scandal, so Lu Han insisted that he could pretend to be the bodyguard that protects Mia.  That was what he wanted to do when they stepped out there, past the security gates anyways.  After watching so many horrid airport fancams of what had occurred, Lu Han was prepared of the worst of the worst for the next 30 minutes of his life.

            He watched as Mia approached the bodyguards and him.  She looked excited to see him as she smiled brightly.  She automatically motioned to give him a hug, but stopped herself midway.  He saw her glanced over at Jaeyong and he was eyeing the pair closely.  Mia’s bright smile became small as she nodded her head in Lu Han’s direction.

            As much as Lu Han wanted to say something to her, he knew that once he opened his mouth he would slip.  There was a lump in his throat since he was unable to whisper the things he wanted to say to his girlfriend.  The bodyguard quickly guided them towards the security gate, not leaving a second to spare.  Now that they are famous, there is no use to wait for welcoming hugs since fans are already positioned everywhere to monitor every move.

            Lu Han took his place next to Mia as the bodyguards formed a circle around the huge group.  There were at least 11 people in the group and 16 bodyguards including Lu Han.  Before they stepped out of the security gates, he felt Mia’s hand on his forearm because she was trying to avoid his hand.  He quickly glanced down at her and she was warmly smiling.  He could tell that her eyes were watery with tears as he felt her hand intertwined with his for a split second.

            Before Lu Han knew it, they were in the sea of screaming and yelling fans.  Adrenaline pumped into his body as his heart rate shot up.  Fans were swarming from the left, right, and behind him as he made a barrier to protect Mia.  All he wanted to do was protect her from the harm that they could cause her.  And, Lu Han’s main goal was to leave the airport with Mia in one piece.  He quickly glanced around at the other bodyguards as they tried to protect the cast member they were assigned to.  The extra bodyguards were either in the front, trying to get through the mass of fans, or in the back, making sure that none of the fans latch onto any of the cast members and try to pull them back into the crowd.

            Lu Han glanced down at Mia as they continued to make their way to the exit and realized that she was crying.  She was wearing a pained smile as tears rolled down her cheeks.  Her eyes glazed over her fans with dazed eyes and the camera shutters continue to go off.   The group came to a halt as the bodyguards in the front tries to make way through the middle of the crowd. 

            For a moment, Mia looked up at Lu Han with her teary eyes.  Her lips moved, but nothing could be heard.  But, he understood what she was trying to say to him.  “I’m sorry.”  He lightly shook his head.  There was no reason for her to apologize.  He was willingly to use his body to protect her.  Lu Han caught Yixing’s glance.  The younger guy flashed him a small, apologetic smile as well.

            All the sudden, there was a powerful push from the loud fans and it caused a domino effect.  Mia’s female Thai costar’s bodyguard got pushed down, making her fall.  Mia, who was standing next to her, slipped after her into Lu Han’s chest.  He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, making sure she was safe.  Lu Han let out a breath, feeling her arms around his torso.  He wanted to pull her into a warm, long, and comforting hug so badly, but the bodyguards in the front started moving again and he let go of her.

            The whole time as they continued to head towards the exit Lu Han would feel Mia’s shaky hand tug on the hem of his shirt.  Once, he felt her wrap one of her arms around his waist when the fans tried to squeeze into the exit door with them, causing everyone to get into each other’s personal bubbles.  At that moment, he could feel her heart racing and looked down at her.  She was still weeping silently with that pained smile of hers.

            What is wrong, Mia?, he thought.  Are you hurt?

            Once the group got through the exit, Lu Han quickly ushered Mia to the awaiting van.  The bodyguards quickly stepped into the van with the celebrities as well to make the transition from the airport to the van as smooth as possible.  Lu Han knows that they were going to go the company first before heading to the dorms.  As soon as the van pulled away from the airport and the screaming fans, Mia placed her head on Lu Han’s shoulder.  When they reached the freeway, she turned her body towards him and started to whimper as she continued to cry. 

            “Lu Han, I’m sorry.” she cried, with a muffled voice.  “Lu Han, I’m so sorry for putting you through this.”

            He pulled her closer to his body as he inhaled the sweet scent of her.  “It’s OK.” he said, softly to her hair.  “Everything will be OK.”

 

 

            Article: A New Actress Already Causing a Scandal?

            Source: Dispatch

            Once again, netizens’ hawk eyes have caught a new, rising actress in the middle of a boiling scandal!  Chung Mia who is the lead actress from the popular teenage movie, Hello Xiu Min-Goon!, has only debuted for 3 months and is already causing an up stir.  Yesterday, the main cast and her arrived at the Incheon Airport around 3 PM and were greeted by bodyguards.  As the cast left the airport, they met a huge crowd of fans that pushed and pulled to greet the new stars.  However, it was very obvious that the young actress and her handsome bodyguard had more than a professional relationship going on.

            Throughout the suffocating journey to get out of the crowd, there were many times where Chung Mia and the unknown bodyguard had intimate encounters.  There are fancams and pictures where netizens had pointed out clearly that the pair was more than what it seems with holding hands before exiting the security gates and whispering to each other. 

            Netizens first suspected something strange when they saw that Chung Mia was standing exceptionally close to her bodyguard as the group stepped out of the security gates.  In addition, she was crying with a small, disturbed smile to which fans do not understand why.  Chung Mia is known within her fandom to be a warm and bright person with a big smile, but it did not seem so when she arrived in Korea yesterday.

            HJ Production has not commented on the accusations yet.  Thus, netizens are now digging deeper in hopes for something between the two.

 

****************************

 

            The scandal was all over the news, search engines, and the fansites.  PD Kim was furious not only because of the scandal, but because it was true.  He didn’t know this whole time that we were together because Jaeyong decided not to tell him.  Since the paparazzi magazine was spattered with the scandal, Jaeyong and PD Kim came over to the dorms to find us asleep together and busting me again since we’re not supposed to have boys in our dorms besides our male costars.  PD Kim looked down at Lu Han and I with anger.  He threw the magazine in Lu Han’s face and turned to look at Jaeyong. 

            I got mad as I turned to my Lu Han.  His eyes blinked rapidly as he gingerly touched the magazine that fell on his lap.  Rising New Actress Has a Relationship with a Bodyguard?  I touched his shoulder, feeling guilty for putting him through so much trouble.  I stared at the picture in front of me.  It was a blurry picture of us holding hands right before exiting the security gates.  I was furious with myself for not being careful and disciplining myself enough, stupid hawk-eyed-netizens for not having a life, and PD Kim for reacting the way he was.

            “Why didn’t you look after her?!” yelled PD Kim.  “Why didn’t you monitor her better?!  She has a boyfriend!”

            “So what if I have a boyfriend?!” I replied for Jaeyong.  “What is wrong with that?!”

            “This is what is wrong with it!” said PD Kim, as he took the magazine and held it up.  “Scandals!  Scandals and more scandals!!”

            “Why can’t I just tell the truth?” I asked.

            “Because fans don’t like it when their celebrities have relationships!” replied PD Kim.  “You should know that of all people!  It was expected of you to not get into one!  That’s why you’re supposed to break up with HIM!”  He pointed his finger accusingly at Lu Han.

            PD Kim let out a frustrated sigh as he pulled Lu Han out of my bed.  I let out a cry as I grabbed onto my boyfriend.  “No!!!” I screamed.  “I won’t let Lu Han go!!  No!!  No!!  No!!” 

            Lu Han broke free from PD Kim and my grip as he stood there.  “Couldn’t we just lie that I’m not Mia’s boyfriend?” he asked, frustrated.  “You can tell the press that I’m her friend or something.”

            “The thing is that people will start looking you up.” explained Jaeyong.  “The best thing is to not give your name to anyone and deny the fact that you two even know each other at all.”

            Lu Han pursed his lips together.  “That’s impossible!” I said.  “People from school will automatically recognize him.  Someone will post up his name somewhere!”

            Jaeyong looked over at me.  “Most of the famcams and pictures are blurry.” he said.  “Lu Han’s face can’t be seen clearly with his cap on.”

            I let out a sigh as Jaeyong held up the magazine again.  He was right; Lu Han’s face wasn’t visible at all.  I frowned.  “But, I can’t just lie that I don’t know Lu Han…” I said.

            “Well, you have to.” replied both PD Kim and Jaeyong.

            “It’s for the best.” finished Jaeyong.

            “He’s right, Mia.” chimed in Lu Han.

            I looked up at him, surprised and not surprised at the same time.  I was surprised that he would let something like this slide…  But, I wasn’t surprised because I know that he just wants to protect me from netizens.  Lu Han looked down at me with sincere eyes and looked away.

            “Just tell them that we have no connections what so ever.” he stated.  I felt my heart drop and stayed silent.

            Lu Han is trying to protect me…  He’s just trying his best to protect me, I thought.

            “Don’t worry.” replied PD Kim.  “That was what we were planning on doing anyways.”

            I couldn’t watch PD Kim and Jaeyong leave as I lay down on my bed and pulled my blankets over me.  I started to cry.  When I heard the door close and Lu Han’s footsteps approach the bed, I swallowed my tears down.

            “I’m sorry for putting you through these things, Lu Han.” I said, feeling guilt wash over me.  “If there was an easier way for me to succeed, I would take that route…”

            “Within a year or so, everything will be fine.” I heard him say.  “You’re already gaining so much attention for your role and the work you’ve done with the soundtrack.  Everything will go according to plan…  And, it will be fine.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hello, hello!!  Since school has started for me this week, I will not be able to update as frequently as I used to.  T.T  But, I hope to finish this story soon…  (Please don’t hate me.  It’s quite obvious that it’s coming to an end already.)  I already have a new story in mind and I plan on uploading the FOREWARD soon.  ^^

            I really wanted to write a scene about crazy airport fans…  When I watched the fancams of EXO M in the airports with their huge crowd of fans, I was extremely sad to see how they are treated.  So, I was imagining how it would be like to be stuck in something like that.  If I could, I would probably try to protect Lu Han like the way I made him guarded Mia in this chapter…  It’s always so painful to see the hint of terror in his eyes even when he’s trying to be the sweetest he could be.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho