Chapter 43

99% Males 1% Females

*****FYI:  Listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4gjTVMIJo0  It'll be worth it!!!

            Lu Han and Seohyun had finished dinner and they were walking around downtown.  She has been busy with her classes and has not had a chance to go explore downtown.  Lu Han smiled at Seohyun as he took her hand in his.  He was a bit surprised at how big her hand was, but he quickly brushed it off.  He has gotten used to how small Mia’s hands were. 

            Seohyun looked up at Lu Han.  She let out a soft laugh.  “I still can’t believe that you’re older me.” she said.

            He laughed.  “Sorry, it’s my baby face.” he stated.

            Seohyun continued to smile as her grip on Lu Han’s hand became tighter.  “Oh, wow!” she said, pointing to a poster.  “It’s karaoke night and free for all.”

            “You want to do it?” asked Lu Han, curious.

            Seohyun turned to him with her bubbly eyes.  “Could we?” she asked.

            Lu Han smiled.  “Sure!” he replied.

            The pair got in and signed up to duet together.  They had to decide a song by the time it’s their turn.  Lu Han was grateful that it wasn’t going to be their turn for a while.

             “Do you know how to read Korean well?” asked Seohyun.

            “Well…  I still don’t know some words, but I know most of them…” started Lu Han.  “Do you know English?  I’m pretty good at English.”

            “I know basic English…  If it’s an American song I like, then I’ll know the lyrics.” replied Seohyun.

            “Why don’t you pick the song then?” smiled Lu Han.  “I don’t mind.”

            Seohyun nodded her head, as she started brainstorming.  A small smile crept on her lips.  “How about "Count on You" by Bruno Mars?” she asked.

            Lu Han tilted his head to the side.  “I don’t know if I’ve heard of this song before…” he said, slowly.

            Seohyun just smiled.  “It’s OK.  You probably heard it before but didn’t know the name of the song.” she said, as she pulled out her iPod.

            She handed Lu Han one of the ear plugs, as she put the other one on.  He slipped it on.  The song started off with a fast, cherry tune.

            “If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I’ll sail the world to find you.  If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can’t see…  I’ll be the light to guide you.” singed Bruno Mars.  “We’ll find out what we’re made of…  When we are called to help our friends in need.

            “You can count on me, like 1, 2, 3...  I’ll be there.  And I know when I need it, I can count on you like 4,3,2 and you’ll be there…” continued the song.  “Because that’s what friends are supposed to do.  Oh, yeah~”

            Lu Han smiled, as the thought of Mia came into his head.  If we had a theme song, it would be this song, he thought.

            “So, do you like it?” asked Seohyun.  He nodded his head with a grin. 

            “Let’s sing it.” suggested Lu Han.

            Seohyun laughed.  “Of course.” she said.

 

 

            After Lu Han dropped Seohyun off at the dorms, he headed home.  It was only 10:30 PM, so he expected Mia to still be up.  She was watching a Japanese movie that Mr. Chung had gotten her when they were in Japan during the fall.

            “How was the date?” asked Mia, not taking her eyes off of the screen.

            “It was good.” replied Lu Han.  “It seemed like Seohyun had fun.

            “Oh, that’s great.” replied Mia, distracted.  She quickly pause the movie and turned to Lu Han.  “What did you guys do?”

            “It was unplanned.” replied Lu Han.  “We just decided to have some dinner and free karaoke.”

            “Oh!  That’s probably the same one that Kibum and I did!” replied Mia, with a smile.  “What song did you guys sing?”

            “Count on Me by Bruno Mars.” replied Lu Han.

            “I haven’t heard that song before.” commented Mia.

            Lu Han pulled out his iPhone and quickly looked it up.  He played it for her.  A smile played on his lips as soon as he heard the first verse.  He sings softly along with the song.

            “Awww…  That’s such a cute song to be singing with Seohyun!” commented Mia, as she clapped.  “You two will have a beautiful relationship!” 

            “But, this song makes me think of you…” replied Lu Han.

            “Are you serious?” asked Mia, not believing him.

            “Well, yeah!” answered Lu Han.  “I always get you out of trouble!”  Mia rolled her eyes.  “And, I know that you’ll always be there for me.  Like how you helped me read Hua’s diary and all.”

            “OK, OK!” laughed Mia.  “I get it!”

            “If we had a theme song for our friendship, that song would be ours.” smiled Lu Han.

            If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea… singed Mia.

            “I’ll sail the world to find you.” singed Lu Han, with a soft, calming voice.

            Mia laughed.  “And, if you’re tossing and you’re turning and you just can’t fall asleep, I’ll sing a song beside you~ she singed.

           And, if you ever forget how much you mean to me, every day I will…  Remind you~ continued Lu Han, with a smile.

            “We’ll find out what we’re made of when we are called to help our friends in need.” harmonized Mia and Lu Han, together.

            They let out a laugh afterwards.  Lu Han reached in between the space between them and cupped Mia’s face.  He brushed her cheek with his thumb.  “I can’t believe that I was thinking about you because of that song.” he said, feeling guilty.  He dropped his hand.

            Mia smiled.  “It’s OK.  Kibum made me thought of you too when he sent me home.” she comforted.

            “What happened?” blinked Lu Han.

            “I don’t really remember…  Something about how he was jealous of the guy that taught me how to kiss.” revealed Mia.

            Lu Han laughed.  He shrugged.  “It’s really something not to be jealous of at all.” he said.

            Mia gave him a punched him lightly on the shoulder.  “He said that because he was trying to kiss me and I pushed him away.” she explained.  “How would you feel if you tried to kiss Seohyun and she wouldn’t let you?”

            Lu Han thought, Well, I haven’t tried to kiss her yet.  If I did and she pushed me away, I would be hurt…

            “If you were to say it like that, then…  I can try to understand.  A girl has never really pushed me away before, so I wouldn’t know.” he replied.  “I would be hurt if Seohyun did that to me.”

            “See?” said Mia.  “It made me feel really bad that I agreed to go on the date with him.”

            “At least you figured out whether or not you have feelings for him.” comforted Lu Han.

            Mia nodded.  “That’s for sure.” she said.  She shot him a smile.  “I hope that all goes well with you and Seohyun.”

            Lu Han smiled.  “Thanks.” he said.

 

***************

 

            Lu Han and Seohyun began to hang out a lot more, leaving me feeling like a third wheel.  Eunjung and Minyu get out of their classes an hour after Lu Han and I get out, so that’s why we don’t usually eat lunch together anymore.  So, I decided to wait for them and Lu Han didn’t seem to mind.

            He and Seohyun could eat lunch earlier than all the other students because she does work at the cafeteria after all.  And, because Lu Han is the good looking boy he is, the lunch ladies didn’t mind at all.

            I was with the girls the other day when I heard Katy Perry’s new song, “The One That Got Away.”  It was good, in a depressing kind of way.  I wanted to see the music video…  So, I was sitting on a bench secluded from everyone.

            “In another life, I would make you stay…  So, I don’t have to say you were the one that got away.” singed Katy Perry.  “The one, the one, the one~  In another life, I would make you stay…  So, I don’t have to say you were the one that got away…  The one that got away…”

            As I watched the ending of the music video, I started to cry.  I knew well that I was being emotional because I was going to start my period soon.

            “Mia?” questioned a familiar voice.

            I looked up and Jonghyun was standing in front of me.  He looked worried.

            “Oh!” I said, as I started to wipe my tears.  “Sorry.”

            “Why are you crying?” asked Jonghyun.

            “It’s because of this stupid music video.” I replied.

            “What?” asked Jonghyun.  I replayed the video for him.  After he watched it, he let out a breath of relief.  “Oh, thank God.  I was so worried.  I thought that you were crying over something bad.”

            “Like what?” I asked, as I dried my eyes.

            “I don’t know.” shrugged Jonghyun.  “It could have been anything.”

            I laughed.  “Oh, no.” I said. 

            Jonghyun took the seat next to me.  “So, where’s my coffee?” he asked.

            I smiled.  “You didn’t tell me you wanted it now.”

            Jonghyun laughed.  “Where’s Lu Han?” he asked.  “Aren’t you two always together?”

            “Haven’t you heard?” I asked.  He blinked, not knowing.  “He and a freshman are dating.”

            “He has a girlfriend?” asked Jonghyun.

            “No, they’re not together yet.” I replied.  “But, they will be soon.”

            Jonghyun nodded his head.  “I heard that you went to China for an apprenticeship from your mom.” he said.  “How was that?”

            “It was good!” I replied.  “I love playing that traditional Chinese instrument!”

            “What is it?”

            “A zither.”

            “Oh!  That’s cool!  You should play it!  I would love to hear it!”

            I blushed, feeling shy.  “I don’t know.  My skills aren’t that good.”

            Jonghyun smiled, warmly.  “Oh, come on.” he said.  “I’m sure you’re better than what you say.”

            I shrugged.  “I’ll work on it.” I replied.  “You play the guitar pretty good, right?”

            Jonghyun nodded his head.  “Can you teach me the basics, Jonghyun?” I asked, curious.  I’ve always wanted to learn, but was too lazy to teach myself.

            He let out a laugh.  “Yah!  Didn’t you just told me that you weren’t really good on the Chinese zither?” he asked.  “And, now you want to learn the guitar?!”

            “Hey!  I’m a music major!  We’re supposed to explore in the musical realm as much as possible!” I defended.

            Jonghyun nodded his head.  “Sure.” he said.  “Only if you have time though…  I’m sure you’re busy.”

            I smiled.  “Don’t worry, I’ll try to make time for it.” I replied.

 

Author’s Note:

            Sorry for leaving you guys hanging…  LOL  I understand your frustration, but I made it up to you!!  Lu Han was THINKING about Mia during that date!!!

            And, BTW…  Although I had an AMAZING, LIFE CHANGING week…  I was thinking about you guys.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho