Chapter 75

99% Males 1% Females

 

  

 

         The new school year started and picked up quickly.  Lu Han and Mia were now seniors.  They will be graduating next February.  Lu Han was thinking about going to Harvard’s Business school  2 years or so after they graduate for his MBA and Mia is already getting love calls for contracts with entertainment companies. 

            It made Lu Han happy to know that all the energy that she put into the movie was giving her great options along with the rest of the cast.  The boys and girls were scouted by SM Entertainment and already came out with a mini album.  Fans were disappointed to find out that Mia would not partake in entering SME with the rest of the group as a member of the girl group.  But, she had already stated that she was not interested in being an idol group member, but rather in becoming a music composer and producer.

            So, SME was still trying to get a contract with Mia along with the other 2 big entertainment companies: YG and JYP.  Other smaller companies such as Loen and Cube entertainment have also shown interests in her as well.  Then, she was surprised when she was contacted by AVEX Trax, the top Japanese record label, to have activities there as well. 

            Everything is going as planned.  But, it seemed like Mia was in no rush to make her decision.  She was taking her sweet time in considering and reading all the fine prints of the contracts that all the companies had given her.  Most of the contracts are within 5 to 7 years. Mia claimed that they are too long.  But, Lu Han knows that she was saying that because she’s worried that she might have to stay in Korea to keep her job with the companies.

            He knows that she wants to be in China with him when they’re married.  He hasn’t told her when he planned to propose.  Everything seemed to be right.  They’ll graduate in a year from college, Mia was getting offers to join big Korean entertainment companies, and Lu Han will be working as one of the director of boards for his dad’s company…

            When do I propose?, he thought.  Will it be too early if I propose now?

            Lu Han would rather propose when they graduate, but he felt like it would be too long.  He let out a sigh, trying to tone down his thoughts.  He was trying to sleep when all these thoughts started to emerge in his mind.  School was going to start tomorrow and he was barely getting any rest.

            There’s no need to rush, he thought. 

 

 

            Eunsung and Minyu flashed the couple bright smiles.  The pair just stared at them, confused.  The friends continued to smile a creepy way as the couple continued to eat their lunch.  Lu Han looked over at Mia as he ate a spoonful of rice.  She continued to sip on a spoonful of her seafood tofu soup.  All the sudden, she looked up at Minyu who was sitting across from her then at him.  There was a droplet of the red, spicy soup, clinging on her wet lips. 

            An urge to want to kiss her washed over Lu Han as he continued to smile.  “What?” asked Mia.

            The friends let out a frustrated sigh.  “God, Mia!” said Eunsung, irritated.

            “Your boyfriend was staring at you really sweetly and all you do is ask ‘What?!’” questioned Minyu.

            Mia laughed.  “How would I know?” she asked.  She turned to Lu Han and her lips and he laughed.

            “It’s OK.” he said, turning away.

            “Sorry, Lu Han.” said Mia, with a smile as he continued to eat the potato stew he got.      She quickly leaned in between the little space between the two and planted a kiss on his cheek.  The loud, noisy chattering behind her came dead silent.  The freshmen and sophomores are giving her the celebrity treatment by secretly taking pictures, fancams, and putting up fanaccounts of her on the net.  But, she doesn’t care.  Her fandom knows of her relationship now and the majority accepted it, others don’t.  Mia just continued to smile and then she let out a happy laugh that rung through the quiet cafeteria.

            “Yah!” whispered Eunsung, as she tried to hit Mia when the conversations started to buzz again.  “You’re so naughty!”

            Lu Han chuckled and shook his head.  “If only you two knew…” he said.

            “What?” asked Eunsung and Minyu, in unison.  “What happened?”

            “Nothing.” replied Mia.  The pair rolled their eyes, not believing her.

            “I bet she attacked Lu Han.” said Eunsung to Minyu. 

            “I know.” agreed Minyu.  “I wouldn’t be surprised if the Mia wanted to get it on with Lu Han.”

            “Excuse me?!” laughed Mia, pretending to act offended.  Lu Han laughed along.  They still have yet to tell the girls about their first time together.

            “To be honest Mia, we wouldn’t be surprised.” smiled Minyu.  “And, it is Lu Han after all.”

            Mia laughed, as she grabbed Lu Han’s hand under the table.  At the touch of her skin, Lu Han smiled brightly.  The pair caught onto his reaction and just smiled.  They shook their heads in unison.

            “You two are so CUTE!!” they screamed, excitedly.  The pair just rolled their eyes at their friends’ dramatic response. 

            “So, what are we going to do for your birthday, Mia?” asked Eunsung.  She shrugged her shoulders, unsure.  “How could you not know?  It’s your birthday!”

            “I haven’t had time to think about it.” defended Mia.  “I’ve been busy with CFs!”

            Mia had signed a contract with the Korean makeup brand, Etude House, as the new female spokesperson.  She and Infinite are the new spokespeople for the brand and filmed a few small CFs before school started.  She had also signed a yearlong contract with a new fashion brand and would be the face of the brand.  The store won’t open until the fall, but the collection was ready for a photo shoot already.

            “I have something in mind.” smiled Lu Han.  Mia turned to him with a mischievous smile and he shook his head.  No, history is not going to repeat itself.  “Since your lovely fans will be sending a ton of gifts for you, I was thinking we can do something simple.  I was going to reserve a room at one of the restaurants for dinner to celebrate your birthday.”

            Mia smiled.  “That sounds great.” she said.  “I like simplicity now that I’m exposed to so much glitz and glam.”

            “Exactly.” nodded Lu Han.

            “Wow.” said Minyu and Eunsung, in unison again.  “You two are in sync.”

            “Mia, you don’t even need to say anything to Lu Han.  He completely understands you.” complimented Minyu.

            “You two are so perfect for each other!” smiled Eunsung.  “It’s so beautiful!”  Lu Han and Mia laughed, as they just shook their heads.

 

 

            Mia was walking frantically towards the restaurant.  She was sad.  Lu Han and she had spent the whole day together.  They took a little trip to a small town about an hour or so away to look at the little shops there and had lunch there.  It was a lovely day with the perfect weather for spring, but Lu Han was being distant with Mia.

            There was something on his mind, but she couldn’t pinpoint it.  He was distracted the whole time and that made her frustrated, then it made her sad.  How could Lu Han be so absent minded like this with me on my birthday?, she thought. 

            When she was talking, she would think that he would be listening and then found out that he’s actually not.  The last straw was when they were coming back from the small town.  It was pure silence for some odd reason like they didn’t know each other anymore.  And, when Mia tried to start up a conversation, Lu Han wouldn’t be listening again.

            It seemed like forever for them to get back to town.  It must have been because they were running late for the birthday party.  Mia didn’t bother to say anything to Lu Han as she stepped out of the car and walked away. 

            “Mia!!” yelled out Lu Han, from behind her.  She could hear his running footsteps behind her.  “Wait!”  She was about to turn around to say something nasty when she came to a stop.

            Lu Han was on one knee, with an opened ring box and a bright, childish smile.  “Chung Mia, we have been through so much together ever since we first met 3 years ago.  You have been at my side through the thick and then as our relationship became stronger and stronger.  It took me a long time to realize this, but...  I love you, Chung Mia.  And, I have come to the conclusion a year ago that I will not be able to live the rest of my life without you, my best friend.  Without you, my life will never be the same.  I love you now and I will continue to for the rest of my life.  Will you marry me?” he asked.

            Mia was speechless as she stared at him.  There was a small crowd forming a circle as they stared at them.  Some were even taking videos and pictures.  Oh my God!!, she thought as she started to cry.  There is no way he is proposing right now!!

            She smiled.  “Of course, Lollipop.” she replied.

            Lu Han stood up and placed the ring on Mia’s finger.  After he did so they hugged each other and she was still crying.  “Why are you crying?” he asked, as he pulled her closer to his body.

            “I was sad!” she explained, as she looked up at him.  “You were being so sidetracked today!  And, it made me sad because I thought that you didn’t care about me.”

            Lu Han laughed.  “I was nervous the whole day, Mia.” he explained, as he cupped her face.

            She let out a cry and smiled.  She gave him a light punch in the chest.  “You.” she said, as she punched him again.  “You’re perfect for me, Lu Han.”  She hugged him again and took in a deep breath of his scent.  “You’ll be the most amazing husband on the surface of this world…  I love you so much, Lu Han.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            I know, I know…  It was super predictable, but…  THEY’RE ENGAGED!!!!!!!  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!  They’re engaged!  Yay!  (I hope you guys like the ring!  It’s so unique, I had to make Lu Han give it to Mia!)

            Hope you guys enjoy the read!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho