Chapter 44

99% Males 1% Females

            It turns out that I will be the lead of the musical movie that I tried out for.  The story is about how a Chinese fan is desperate enough to enter a Korean entertainment company pretending to be a boy because boy bands were preferred.  She really wanted to meet her favorite band, but she entered a rival entertainment company instead because they accepted her.  She had to go to Korea for training, so she lied to her parents that a Korean music school has accepted her on a scholarship. 

            Upon arriving in Korea, the entertainment company automatically placed her into a trainee boy band.  At first, the guys for being really feminine and they questioned her age when she told them that she was 16.  So, she had to practice hard to eat, walk, breath, and live like a boy.  Eventually, the group debuted with success with a sister group.  Fan girls hang around every corner of their entertainment building, in hopes to see the rookie boy and girl band.

            Unfortunately, the main character’s father becomes sick…  She decides to reveal the truth so the entertainment company would let her leave the band.  They did, but they wanted her to stay in the entertainment because of her talents.

            I was surprised when I met all of my other co-stars.  They’re from all over Asia.  A boy and a girl from Thailand, Japan, one boy from China, and two actual Koreans since I’m Chinese.

            Since everyone is from all over, it would be hard for us to practice together.  So, the production company already got contracts with dancing teachers in the respected countries to teach the dance moves.  It will be the same with the vocal training…  We will start practicing together as soon as soon as January starts next year.  Then, we will start filming the movie towards the end of spring and the beginning of summer.

            I let out a sigh as I did the dance moves my dance teacher taught me to do.  Vocal training was something new, but…  Dancing lessons are a world of its own.  I used to be so fascinated by idols dancing on stage, especially female idols with their high heels…  And, now, I respect them so much.  Dancing is hard.  Period.

            “Mia…” said Hyuk, my dance teacher.

            “Huh?” I asked, as I came to a stop.  The music still continued to blast in the background.

            “You’re doing it wrong.” answered Hyuk, as he turned the music off.  “It’s supposed to be like this.”  He did the dance move again.

            I observed his moves in detail.  We have been going over this for the last 4 hours and I still got things wrong.  I can’t imagine doing this for 8 hours a day, I thought.  If only 2 PM will past by faster!!

            When Hyuk was done, I did the dance move again.  I tried to incorporate what I observed from Hyuk into my movements.  The movement was done in a few seconds and he nodded his head. 

            “Not bad.” he commented.

            “What?” I asked, dumbfounded.

            “You’re good, don’t doubt yourself all the time.” replied Hyuk.  “I know that you’re not a dancer, but with practice it becomes natural.  So, just work on it when you’re at home.  I know that you’re busy and all, but 1 hour of practice a day is fine.”

            I let my jaw drop.  “Really?” I asked. 

            1 hour a day might not be a lot of time to others, but to me…  It’s a lot.  Since I have a lot of music theory courses, my professors requires a ton of reading.  I probably most of my day during the week just reading…  And, Lu Han goes out like crazy with Seohyun.  They’re literally attached at the hip.  I hardly ever see him at home any more.  The only time that I do get to indirectly interact with him is in our advance writing class.  As much as I wanted to talk to him, he would always come in class right before our professor arrives…  So I didn’t really get a chance to talk to him much.

            Hyuk nodded his head.  I let out a sigh.  “I’ll try.” I said.

            He smiled and nodded his head.  “Just try to do your best.” he said.

            I got out of dance class feeling pretty tired and sweaty.  Hyuk came all the way from Seoul just to teach me how to dance for the last 2 weeks as a part of my training for the movie.  He was supposed to come and teach me how to dance for the next year.  It was only the beginning so Hyuk was teaching me the basics.

            The dance studio we were at was at a private studio that the production company signed a contract with downtown so I walked there.  But, Hyuk was really nice to always drop me off at home before he left.  As soon as I got home, I hit the shower and pulled some new clothes on.  Jonghyun and I were meeting for coffee at a café downtown…  So, I had to head back.  I was dead tired, so I didn’t care whether or not that I wear makeup.  It was only Jonghyun.

            I was heading back out the front door when I ran into Lu Han.  He was walking into the house just as I was going out.  It felt like it has been weeks since I last saw him at home or outside our advance writing class.  His hair was slightly messy and he was wearing comfortable clothing with a back pack on.

            I flashed him a look.  “Did you go to school to study?” I asked.

            “No, I just went to help Seohyun with her math.” shrugged Lu Han, with a smile.

            I nodded my head quickly and continued to walk out the door.  “I have to go meet Jonghyun downtown.” I said, as my keys jingled in my hands.  “And, I’m late.  Bye!!”

            I got into the car and was driving out of my drive way in seconds.  Fortunately, I got there just right on time.  I smiled as I took my seat in front of Jonghyun.  He flashed a smile. 

            “You look really tired.” he commented.

            Like I mentioned before, I didn’t want to tell Jonghyun about my dancing lessons.  It wasn’t like I was really close to him so it didn’t really matter.  Heawoo only knew that I have those classes because of her brother-in-law.  And, Eunsung and Minyu didn’t even know. 

            Only my family and Lu Han know about this.  In a way, I didn’t want anyone to judge me and put me down because this is something that is important to me.  But, I know that I can’t keep this away from Eunsung and Minyun for too long…  I will probably wait until the summer when I feel more confident about my progression as I become a stronger dancer and singer.

            “It’s because I am…” I said.

            “What have you been doing all day?” asked Jonghyun, curious.  He hasn’t ordered coffee yet.

            I let out a scoff as if I was frustrated at my studying.  “I’ve been reading books all day.” I replied.

            “Oh.” nodded Jonghyun, as he looked over at the people ordering their drinks.  “Let’s go get our coffee. It’ll wake the both of us up.”

            I let out a laugh as we both got up and headed over to the line of customers.  I ordered an iced caramel macchiato and Jonghyun got a latte.  As I handed the cashier the money, I heard Jonghyun laugh.  I turned to him and raised an eyebrow.  He just shook his head and continued to smile.  We got our drinks and went back to our seats.  Fortunately, no one took them while we were gone.

            “Thank you for the treat!” smiled Jonghyun, as he sipped his warm drink carefully.

            “It’s OK.” I replied, as I mixed my icy, refreshing drink. 

            “So, do you have time for guitar lessons?” asked Jonghyun.

            I had to think for a bit.  As much as I did want to learn how to play the guitar, I didn’t have time.  Even hanging out with friends took too much time at school.  The only available time I have to be with friends is during lunch.  And, then, that may take too long.  The guitar lessons would into my guzheng practices and I didn’t like the idea of that, especially when I all I wanted to know was the basics.

            “Sorry,” I said with a sigh.  “I really did want to learn how to play, but I’m pretty busy this semester.  Maybe next semester?”

            Jonghyun nodded his head.  From his facial expressions, I could tell that he understood what I meant.  “That’s completely fine.” he said.  His smile was warm and genuine.  “You’re a pretty busy person.”

            “Oh, I know!” I said.  “And, I’m not even involved in clubs which I should be.”

            Jonghyun laughed.  “Neither am I.” he shrugged.

            “But, I know that I should be.” I defended.  “Well, at least, do something great for the world…  The other day, I saw a documentary about the lack of clean water in Uganda and I was thinking about fundraising for a water tank for a village there…”

            “Is this a personal thing or would you want it to be a school wide thing?” questioned Jonghyun.

            “I really want it to be like a school wide thing…” I replied.  “It will help bring awareness and unity to the student population.”

            Jonghyun smiled.  “Then, go for it.” he stated.  “I think that it’s a great idea and I’m sure others will too.”

            “Really?” I asked, feeling unsure.  “I honestly felt like it was just a lame thing.”

            “Don’t self doubt yourself.” said Jonghyun.  “Just say what you want to say.  I do that a lot and…  I regret it when I don’t say anything.”

            I nodded my head and smiled.  “OK, then!  I think I’ll ask Eunsung and Minyu if they would like to try to help get something going…  They have more time, so I know that they will help out a lot!” I replied.

            Jonghyun laughed.  “Can I help too?” he asked.  “I would love to save the lives of the social unjust as well.”

            I nodded my head.  “You were the one that helped encourage me!” I said.  “Of course!”

            “Yay!  Clean water for all!” he said.

            “Yay!” I chimed in.

 

**************8

 

            Lu Han and Seohyun was standing in front of the women’s dorms.  He smiled as he took her hand in his.  She smiled.

            “Seohyun-ah…” Lu Han started.  “Will you be my girlfriend?”

            She started blushing, as she gripped his hand tighter.  “Of course.” she said.

            Lu Han quickly approached her and kissed her.  They have kissed before, but it has never been as passionate before.  Lu Han let out a small groan as Seohyun his lips.  All the sudden, she broke the kiss.  He let out a small pout as he stared at her blushing face.

            Seohyun let out a laugh.  She grabbed Lu Han’s hand and pulled him into the dorms.  A surge of adrenaline rushed through Lu Han’s veins as Seohyun pulled him down a hallway.  She started to giggle as she quickly opened the door to her room.

            They quickly went inside to an empty room.  Lu Han observed the room.  The room was nice and neat, unlike Mia’s current trashy room.  Seohyun’s roommate wasn’t there to Lu Han’s relief.  He turned to her as she attacked him.

            Seohyun passionately kissed him as they got on her bed.  Lu Han was on top of her, but she quickly made sure she was on top.  She broke the kiss and smiled as she her lips.  Lu Han just smirked.  He wasn’t surprised that she was like that at all.  Lu Han would occasionally run into girls like Seohyun.  Yes, they look sweet and innocent…  But, that doesn’t mean that they’re not experienced.

            Seohyun smiled, slyly.  “So, I have been thinking about this for a while…” she started, as her fingers danced on Lu Han’s chest.  “Do you want to take our relationship to higher level?”

            He his lips and continued to smile.  “Of course.”

 

 

            There were still beads of sweat clinging onto Lu Han’s forehead by the time he got home.  He didn’t stay long with Seohyun after they had .  He knew that he had to leave soon or Seohyun’s roommate will come back.  Apparently, the roommate was out with her friends or to drink.

            Regardless, he didn’t want to sleep at the women’s dorms; he wanted to go home.  He didn’t want to get in trouble in the morning when he’s trying to leave.  Not only that, but Mia would know that he was out all night.  Then, she’ll start to question him and he didn’t want to deal with her annoying, persistent questions.

            Lu Han quickly wiped the sweat off of this forehead before stepping into the house.  The light in the living room was still on and it was already midnight.  That meant that Mia was still up.  It couldn’t be Mr. or Mrs. Chung.

            He stepped in the house and the TV wasn’t on.  The lights were on and no one was sitting on the couch.  Lu Han shook his head, as he took off his shoes and slipped into slippers. He turned off the lights as he walked past the living room.

            Mia must had forgotten to turn off the lights, thought Lu Han.

            He was about to walk up the stairs when he heard a loud groan.  That startled him and he quickly turned the lights on again.  Lu Han walked over to the couch and saw Mia sleeping on her side.  For a moment, he panicked because it looked like she died in her pile of textbooks.  Misty was sleeping with her. 

            Lu Han let out a sigh of relief when he realized that she was deeply breathing.  He hesitated to wake her up.  He knew that if he woke her up now, she would be mad.  Mia doesn’t like her sleep being interrupted.  He simply turned off the lights and slowly went up the stairs.

 

Author’s Note:

            Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!  ^^ YUP!!!  Mia and Lu Han have separate lives now…  Regardless, please keep on supporting me!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho