Chapter 70

99% Males 1% Females

            The last 3 movie teasers that the production company has released had become viral within hours of its release.  Mason became nervous for Mia at the thought of anti-fans and wouldn’t let her check the comments that netizens would leave.  Even Lu Han had banned her from checking any forums and has even posted on the BYU student forum telling the student population to not disturb her privacy by posting up fancams of her in class or on campus on Naver. 

            Due to the popularity and increased anticipation of the movie release, many of the BYU students have invaded Mia’s privacy by taking pictures/fancams of her all over the campus.  They would post the pictures/videos up on main search engines, causing even more public interest in her.  Lu Han didn’t like the fact that the close student population at BYU would do such a thing, but he understood…

            Mia is now a celebrity.

            It’s not every day that a celebrity attends school like a regular person.  They’re supposed to get dolled up, sign contracts with companies to be the next face of their products, film commercials, and go to photo shoots for fashion magazines.  They’re not supposed to go to school, study, and eat like a regular college student.  Lu Han understood their impulses because it’s not every day that someone famous sits next to you in class.  He was glad that the students that posted up the videos took down their pictures and videos.  They also posted up an apology and apologized face to face to Mia.

            Lu Han took a deep breath and looked over at her.  It was only an hour before the Korean premiere of the movie.  She looked nervous as she swallowed hard.  They were at the HJ Production building, getting ready for the red carpet for the premiere.  Her whole family was there along with the entire main cast’s families were there as well.

            The dressing room was full of chattering as the family members and cast members excitedly talk to each other.  It has been months since they’ve last seen each other.  The foreign members had barely arrived back in Korea with their family last week to tour around Korea.

            A smiled crossed Lu Han’s lips as he looked at Mia from head to toe.  She looked beautiful to him.  Her long hair was down and wavy.  Her eye makeup was a brown smokey look with light pink lips.  And, to Lu Han’s dislike, the makeup artist put on fake eyelashes on her.  He thought that she already had long eyelashes and it was unnecessary.  Her dress was a nice jade colored wrap dress that hung nicely on her body.  Mia had gained all of her original weight back and didn’t bother to work it off.  She still worked out at least for 30 minutes a day, but she wasn’t obsessed about it.  And, she was wearing one of the wedges that Lu Han got for her.  It matched nicely and was fashionable without the help of a stylist.  She had recently went in for a manicure, so her toes had a nice maroon-

            “You look so y like that.”  Lu Han raised his eyebrows as he looked up at Mia’s eyes.  She laughed.  “Of course I was talking about you, silly.  I love it when a man looks good in a tux.” 

            She was still smiling as she stepped into his embrace.  She looked up at him and he could tell that she had an urge to want to kiss him.  Everyone was around them, so she couldn’t and wouldn’t do it.  Lu Han could tell that something else besides the movie premiere was on her mind.

            “What’s wrong?” he asked.

            “Our relationship has to be kept a secret.” replied Mia.

            It was to be expected.  She was now famous with her debut and have to promote the movie with her other costars on variety and music shows.  Lu Han could already see the nightmares of what netizens would say when they find out that Mia is with him.  Her popularity would probably go down since she is the one with the most fans as of now besides Kyungsoo.

            “It is to be expected.” nodded Lu Han.

            Mia pouted.  “But, I wanted to take pictures with you…  I want us to be on the search engines, not just me.” she explained.

            “Mia,” said Lu Han, as he lightly pinched her cheeks.  “This is your time to shine.  Not ours.  It’s your’s.  You were the one that worked hard and deserve the limelight for it.  I was just in the background and will continue to be.  My time to shine will be in the office, during meetings or conferences…”

            She smiled and nodded.  “I know…” she said.  “I just wanted you to be there as well.”

            Lu Han nodded, understanding.  Mia just wanted the whole world to know about their relationship because of her intense feelings for him.  He felt the same way about her too, wanting to shout from the highest peak on Earth that he loves her. 

 

 

            The reception of the movie went off with a boom with much popularity with youngsters.  Many popular variety and music shows had requested for the main cast to perform, even though it takes at least a month to be featured on the shows in Korea and in the respected countries the other cast members are from.  Lu Han is the group’s biggest fan by spending his free time watching all of the interviews, variety shows, and music shows they are on.  When he doesn’t have much time to spare, he would only watch the parts when Mia was talking.

            Lu Han enjoyed watching the Chinese variety shows the most because of instant gratification even if he does know fluent Korean, conversational Japanese, and bits of Thai.  And, it must be the fact that Mia and Yixing are Chinese that makes them the most comfortable and adorable on Chinese shows.  They are talkative, used witty idioms, and seemed to be naturally sarcastic with each other.

            From visiting so many fansites, Lu Han realized that many fans liked Mia and Yixing pairing up as a romantic couple…  There are so many fancams and pictures of them being good friends in the airport as they travel all over Asia, in the lobby of hotels, when they enter TV station buildings, and more.  In a way, Lu Han wished he could have been the Chinese counterpart for Mia’s character in the movie…  Just so he could with her just as Yixing was now.

            Lu Han shook his head.  As much as I miss and want to be with her, it’s best that we both of different things to do, he thought.  In the long run, our lives will be interesting…  Mia will have something different from the family business to talk about all the time.  She will talk about how sweet, loving, and supporting her fans are.  And, more…

            He looked down at the international phone card that he bought.  Oversea calls are pricey and he hoped that the phone card will keep expenses at a minimum.  Lu Han took in a deep breath as he did as the back of the card instructed him, then dialed Mia’s number.  The group was currently in Thailand.  They had just landed this morning and fancams were already up within minutes of their arrival.  He heard the phone ringing on the other end. 

            “Hello, this is Chung Mia.  I am currently unavailable at the moment.  Please leave a-” said her voice mail.

            Lu Han frowned, feeling discouraged.  He quickly ended the call, regardless of how much that 10 second call had charged the card.  She has been so busy with their schedules that if he sends her a text then she probably wouldn’t reply until 2 days later or so.  He’s aware that the cast is restricted with having their phones, but chatting online wasn’t the best thing since the time difference interferes.  Not to mention that the group has show rehearsals and practices late into the night as well.

            Lu Han had hoped that she might get her phone, but it didn’t seem like it.  He took one last stare at Mia’s smiling face as the desktop background.  A heavy sigh escaped his parted lips.

            “It’s not easy being with someone famous, is it?” he asked, out loud.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Yay!!  The movie came out!!  ^^  And, their relationship is now being tested again…   To be honest, I can’t really avoid this.  It is bound to happen since Mia is now famous.  I didn’t want to just ignore these types of problems because I want it to be realistic (to some degree).

LOVE,

loveFORyunho