Chapter 15

99% Males 1% Females

            I told Lu Han what Jonghyun told me.  He told me that The White Snake and the Sorcerer is a Chinese movie based on folklore.  The White Snake is a snake demon that met a human and fell in love with him regardless of the forbidden act.  She used her powers to become human and they fell in love, but nature eventually intervenes.  Since I don’t know about that movie, it was obvious that my family doesn’t have it in our Chinese movie collection.

            “I wonder if he was talking about the new version or the older version.” commented Lu Han.

            “What’s the difference?” I asked.

            “Nothing much.” shrugged Lu Han.  “It’s just that in the new version, the White Snake doesn’t become pregnant meanwhile in the traditional story, she becomes pregnant.”

            I nodded my head slowly.  “It doesn’t matter.” I replied, as I tried to look up the movie on sites.  Whatever version it is, I didn’t care.  I just wanted to watch the movie, out of curiosity.

            I eventually found a site and decided to watch it in my room on my computer.  Lu Han, who had nothing to do, wanted to watch it to.  I had an urge to want to roll my eyes, but because he did such a good job at cleaning up the mess he caused, I let it pass.

            “I didn’t know that Jet Li was in this.” I commented, as I watched the actor come on screen as a Buddhist abbot.

            “Well, he is.” nodded Lu Han.

            When the lead actress appeared, I gasped.  She was so beautiful compared to her cute costar.  “She’s beautiful!” I smiled.

            “Eva Huang?” asked Lu Han.

            I nodded my head, not leaving my eyes off the screen.  I am so totally going to have a girl crush on this woman!, I thought.

            The movie was incredible.  It was moving, romantic, and had action scenes.  The director catered the movie to both female and males.  I almost couldn’t make it through the last scene of the movie.  The White Snake, Susu, and her lover, Xu Xian, had to be parted.  She would have to spend the rest of her life in imprisonment in a pagoda for her wrongdoing and he would have to continue on with his life.  However, their love is raw and real and they “can’t live without one another.”

            “You will never understand what I have suffered through those years to wait this long to meet you and to fall instantly in love with you, Xu Xian.” said Susu, with such emotions.  A hard lump caught in my throat as I watched the scene.

            “Who are you?” asked Xu Xian, the lead male actor.  “Why is that when you cry, I feel so much pain?”

            Susu shook her head, letting the tears fall.  “It’s OK.  Even if I am the only one that remembers our love for each other, it’s OK if I am the only one that shed tears of our lost.” she said.  “You don’t need to remember because it will only be too painful for you.

            Susu kissed Xu Xian softly on the lips.  All the sudden Xu Xian closed his eyes and had a flashback of when they first kiss.  He opened his eyes again, with tears rolling down the rims of his eyes.  And, I started to cry.  Lu Han grabbed the box of tissues on my desk and handed it to me.

            “Thank you.” I said, as I took a few pieces.

            Then, I really started crying when Susu was pulled into the pagoda as a beautiful song came on in the background. 

            Just happiness, our love is not wrong.  Endless time can’t tear us apart.  Day by day, year by year…  Although the world may change, my heart will not.  Because of you, our love will be resurrected.  Living for you is my promise.

            When the ending credits came on the screen, I was probably already half way through my tissue box.  Darn, stupid menstrual hormones!  Making me so emotional, I thought.  I glanced over at Lu Han.  He was wearing a smirk and I had the urge to want to slap it off his face.

            “What?” I asked, annoyed.

            Lu Han shook his head.  “I’m just glad that you enjoyed the movie.” he said.

            “Well, yeah.” I stated.

            “You should see the Chinese Opera version.  It’s good.” nodded Lu Han. 

            I let out a gasp, out of excitement.  “Really?” I asked, with a smile.

            Lu Han let out a laugh.  “Yeah, it is.” he said.  “You’ve never seen Chinese Opera before?”

            “I did, but I don’t remember.” I said.

            The door bell downstairs ranged.  We quickly headed downstairs to open the door.  It was the mailman, which surprised me because I thought that it had been my parents.  Mailman Dongho has been delivering our mail for us for years and he knows us pretty well.

            “Well, hello.” nodded Mailman Dongho.

            I flashed him a look, as I stood by the door.  I could feel warmth radiating from Lu Han as he stood behind me.  Mailman Dongho laughed.

            “I need your autograph for your package.” he said with a smile. 

            There was a huge box by our door. He handed me an electronic pad to sign.  I quickly did so and handed it back to him. “I didn’t know that you had a boyfriend.”

            I looked over my shoulder at Lu Han and then back to Mailman Dongho.   “He’s not my boyfriend.” I stated.

            “Um-hm.   Whatever you say, darling.” commented Mailman Dongho, as he looked at me and back at Lu Han.  “I’ll just leave you two lovebirds to do whatever you were doing before I interrupted.”  Before I could defend myself, he left.

            Lu Han didn’t seem to care and quickly lifted up the box and brought it inside.  As I closed the door, I looked down at my attire.  What would make Mailman Dongho think that Lu Han and I were doing something dirty?  My jaw dropped as I realized that my s were hard and completely obvious through my tank top since I wasn’t wearing a bra.  Not to mention how chilly it is in our house…

            I glanced over at Lu Han as he placed the box in the living room. He was only wearing a tank top and a pair of sweats.  It wasn’t like that really signaled anything ual, so it had to me…  BRALESS ME!!  What the hell?  You can’t just jump to conclusions like that, Mailman Dongho!!

            Lu Han turned to look at me.  “It’s your package.” he stated.

            I nodded my head.  Keep your eyes up here, I thought.  Lu Han, do not look down!

            I quickly grabbed the scissor off of the TV stand and opened the box, trying to keep myself from running upstairs to change.  I know that if I did that, it would be awkward.  There were a ton of things.  The package came from America from Mason.  I let out an excited scream as I jumped.  Oh, bad idea!  No bra!, I thought as I quickly stopped.  Lu Han raised an eyebrow, probably wondering why I stopped.  I just quickly sat down as I read the letter that Mason added to the things.

            Mason wrote:

Hey Mia!

            Hope you’re having fun in Korea.  Through twitter, it’s good to know that school started well for you.  I know that you’ve been asking me for a long time for some things from America…  So, here it is.  All for you.  Not!

            You need to share some things with Lu Han too.  I know that he’s been to America for 2 years or so, but I don’t know what he likes exactly…  So, I took a shot in the dark.  Regardless, remember to share!  Be a good girl, Mia.

 

Love,

Mason

            I pouted when I was done reading the letter.  “Really?” I asked, as I tossed the letter behind me.

            “What?” asked Lu Han, curious.

            “Mason wants me to share some things with you.” I replied.

            “Really?” asked Lu Han, pretending to be surprised.  “I can see why you’re disappointed.  There’s not enough things to share between you and I.”

            He was obviously mocking me because that box was HUGE with too much things.  I rolled my eyes, as I turned the box to the side and dumped the things out.  There were things like multiple bags of Snickers, Twix, M&M’s, and more.  Mason got me a Bop It, which I had been wanting forever.  He even added 2 Rubik’s Cubes too.  He bought me some shirts, a book called Flipped and a pair of red Converses.

            “I love you Mason!” I said, as I grabbed the shoe box.  “Yes, new shoes!”

            Lu Han laughed, as he ate a piece of Snickers.  I gasped as I saw the bag of M&M.  I reached for it and my chest accidently brushed against Lu Han’s arm.  I quickly looked up at him to watch his expression as I continued to the candy bag.  A small blush crept across Lu Han’s face as he looked down at his lap.

            ”Sorry.” I said, scooting away from him.  “I should go get dressed.”

            “It’s OK.” Lu Han quickly said, as he looked at me.  He glanced down at my chest and then looked away.  “It’s OK…  It’s going to get dark soon anyways, so getting dressed is useless.”

            “Are you sure?” I asked.  “I mean, that was probably what the mailman was referring to earlier anyways.  ‘I’ll just leave you two lovebirds to do whatever you were doing before I interrupted.’  He didn’t need to say it like that.”

            Lu Han laughed.  “It’s OK.  This is something we should get used to anyways.” he said, with a shrug.  “Apparently a boy and a girl being friends with each other is still too abnormal for the Korea’s modern world.”

            My eyebrows rose.  “Friends?” I asked, turning to him.

            I didn’t know we were now friends.

            Lu Han nodded slowly and smiled, as he looked at me.  “Yeah, friends.” he said, softly.

            I returned the smile.  “Friends we are then.” I said.

            What a crazy day…

 

Author’s Note:

            That was a crazy day…  The parents are gone, Mia started her period, Lu Han almost burned the house down, the mailman’s mind is in the gutter, Mason’s love package arrived, and now…

            It’s OFFICIAL!!

            Mia and Lu Han are now FRIENDS!  Yay!

(And...  The White Snake and the Sorcerer is a real movie.  If you guys want to, you can check it out...  But, my translation of the scene from the movie in the chapter is off.  I couldn't find a eng sub version.)

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

 

P.S.

The song that played in the movie is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOrsMCgPo8M&feature=related