Chapter 54

99% Males 1% Females

            Mia was laughing out loud as Jonghyun stepped out of the car.  Lu Han and Jonghyun got into a deep conversation regarding Jonghyun’s hometown, Busan, and didn’t check up on Mia.  By the time she was drunk, it was too late.  She was talking nonsense and that was the only way for Lu Han to know that something wasn’t right.

            She rolled down the passenger’s window.  “Lee Jonghyun!!!” she screamed into the quiet darkness. 

            Her voice echoed throughout the campus and Lu Han tried to stop her.  He covered and she started to laugh.  She talked and all that was heard was mumbling.  Mia quickly pulled Lu Han’s hand off and turned to Jonghyun, as he approached the car window.

            “Jonghyun-ah…” said Mia, as she reached out the window to grab something.

            “Yeah?” he asked, as he patted her head.

            Mia reached up and grabbed Jonghyun’s hand and held it.  “Good night.” she said, closing her eyes. 

            He laughed as Mia’s grip on his hand loosened.  He patted her head.  “Good night, Mia.” he said.  “Hey, Lu Han…  Sorry about buying soju…  I didn’t expect Mia to drink it all by herself while we were busy talking.”

            Lu Han laughed.  “I’m quite surprised too.” he said.  “Good night to you too.”

            With that Lu Han pulled the car away from the curb, as he closed the car window.  Before parking the car in the garage, he glanced over at Mia.  She stirred, probably knowing that they’re home already.  She opened her eyes as Lu Han got out of the car.  She looked up at him with a questioning look when he opened her door.

            “Mia, we’re home.” he stated.  She nodded her head and stepped out of the car.

            Lu Han knows that she is tipsy, so he didn’t want her banging into the walls.  The last thing he wanted was for her parents to wake up and they get into trouble.  It was 3 AM and they’re barely home.  He needed to get her in bed ASAP.  He quickly picked up Mia in a bridal style.  She was smiling at him as they went upstairs.

            “What?” asked Lu Han, curious.  Mia let out a giggling fit.  Not wanting Mr. and Mrs. Chung to wake up, Lu Han got mad.  “Mia, sheesh!

            Her giggling softened, but she continued.  Lu Han placed her on the bed and huffed, out of breath.  “What’s so funny?” he demanded.

            Mia was still smiling and pulled his face down to hers.  She pressed her lips against his ear softly.  “I love you.” she whispered.

            He felt his heart race, as Mia pulled away from his ear.  Is this some kind of cruel joke?, thought Lu Han.

            Before Lu Han knew it, he could feel her lips pressed against his.  He felt his eyes close with the familiar feel of her lips upon his.  Without taking a second to think, Lu Han responded to the kiss.  The kiss was slow as he placed his hands on her face.  There were kisses here and there. 

            The kiss quickly got hot as he felt Mia clawing the back of his shirt as he pushed himself against her, feeling the mold of her chest against his.  Lu Han let out a groan as Mia his lips, asking for entrance.  Although he wanted to meet her eagerly, he didn’t.  He wanted to let her go at her own pace, but she was already making him wanting to beg for more.

            Lu Han lightly pushed Mia backwards on the bed, so he could get on top of her.  He quickly peeled off his jacket on her.  With that action, Mia quickly on his tongue.  She wrapped her legs around his waist, trying to bring him even closer to her body.  He quickly shifted one of his arms under her body to pull her closer and while the other hand was dancing up and down on Mia’s soft leg.  Both of them let out moans as the most intimate parts of their bodies brushed up against each other, breaking the kiss.

            Lu Han breathlessly got off of Mia.  The drumming of his heart was heard loud and clear in his ears, as he turned to look at his best friend.  Her body was slightly turned towards his direction, but she was fast asleep.  Lu Han took in deep breathes, as he swallowed hard.

            He quickly got off the bed and helped position Mia properly on her bed.  He did originally plan on changing the clothes she was wearing, but after the kiss…  Lu Han didn’t trust himself.  So, he left her in her day clothes.

            Mia was drunk, thought Lu Han.  That’s why she acted the way she did.  She was drunk…  She was drunk…

 

 

            Lu Han yawned as he placed two pills of pain killer and a tall glass of water in Mia’s hands.  She looked annoyed, but thankful at the same time.  “I can’t believe that I got drunk.” she stated, angry.

            “Uh…  Yeah.” agreed Lu Han.

            Mia quickly swallowed down the pills with the water.  She downed the water in one shot and lay back down on the bed.  Her eyes were closed, signaling that she wants to sleep.  But, Lu Han stood there stupidly.  He wanted to know if she remembered the kiss.  Knowing how the situation was the night before, she will not remember but he wanted to make sure.

            Mia’s eyes opened and glared at Lu Han.  “What?” she asked.

            Lu Han hesitated to talk.  “W-Why were you giggling so loud last night as I was carrying you to y-your room?” he stuttered.

            Mia rolled her eyes.  “I don’t know.” she said.  “I don’t remember and I don’t care!”  She was obviously moody.  “I don’t remember anything after calling out Jonghyun’s name…  Who knows?  I was probably just playing around when you took me to my bed.”

            Lu Han nodded his head, grateful that the alcohol had erased her memories.  “That’s good to know.” he said.  “Because you were really annoying.”

            Mia groaned, not caring.  She closed her eyes as she turned the other way with her back facing Lu Han.  “Maybe you should go hang out with Seohyun for the day…  I don’t feel good.” she suggested.

            Lu Han felt his heart dropped.   There he was, trying to hang out more with her as he had neglected to do…  He didn’t want Mia to feel like she was nothing to him when she’s really not.  Lu Han let out a yawn as he crawled on Mia’s bed, on the other side that she wasn’t sleeping on.

            “What are you doing?” she asked, without opening her eyes.

            “Trying to spend some time with you.” answered Lu Han, as he turned to her.

            A smile spread across Mia’s lips, as she reached across the bed to hold Lu Han’s hand.  Once their hands touch, he felt a weird, numbing sensation.  Oh, gawd!  I hope I’m not having a heart attack!, thought Lu Han.  It’s usually the left arm that gets really numb with heart attacks, right?!!

 

***************

 

            I quickly ate my spoonful of rice as soon as I sat down on my chair.  I was famished and needed to eat.  I woke up late because Lu Han and I were up late talking again and didn’t have time to get breakfast.  I swallowed too fast and it almost went into my windpipe.  My body quickly adjusted and the food went into the right pipe with my coughing.  I grabbed my cup of water as I looked up.  Lu Han was walking towards the girls and I with a shopping bag.

            “I can’t wait until the end of the semester celebration!” said Eunsung.

            Has this semester really went by that quick?, I thought.  It seemed just like yesterday when school started.

            It was already the end of May and the end of the semester was drawing close.  This darn semester was such an emotional roller coaster for me that I know I’m going to need more than 2 months of summer vacation…

            Lu Han and I started to hang out more…  Well, a bit too much because I feel like some freshmen girls are giving me dirty glares.  He hasn’t been spending that much time with Seohyun, even when I suggest him too.  Especially when I want to spend time alone with Jonghyun or the girls. 

            “I’m going to miss you guys!” I said, as I turned to Eunsung and Minyu.  They gave me cute pouts and I laughed.

            “Are you guys talking about the end of the semester celebration?” asked Lu Han.  Before anyone could answer, he looked over at where Seohyun was sitting and smiled.  He gave a quick wave to her and turned back to look at our group.

            “Well, obviously!” replied Minyu.  “What do you got there, big boy?”

            Lu Han smiled as he placed the bag on the table.  He quickly pulled out a shoe box and handed to me.  “I was downtown to grab a package from my dad at the post office when I saw these shoes.” he explained.  “Mia, I had to get them for you.  They were practically saying ‘Buy me, Lu Han!  Buy me for Mia!’”

            I opened it and was swept away.  Lu Han had gotten me a pair of comfortable, brown strap platform wedges that looked perfect with a summer dress.  I could hear Eunsung, Minyu, and I say, “Awwww~  Lu Han~”

            He beamed a smile.  “So, do you like it?” he asked, like a child.

            “Of course!” I smiled.  “And, you still remember my shoe size?”

            Lu Han rolled his eyes.  “Well, yeah.” he said.  “I did get you a pair of customized shoes for Christmas after all.”

            I laughed.  “OK, OK.” I said.  “You should get going to your girlfriend now, Lu Han.”  I feel like I always have to hint that when he has something to do with Seohhyun.  I’m scared that if I don’t, then he’ll just get carried away.

            “That’s right!” he said, sounding like he forgot.  “Bye, you girls!”

            Minyu, Eunsung, and I laughed as he turned away.  I continued to eat and looked around the cafeteria.  Everyone was minding their own business, but this is the cafeteria after all.  Not all, but some people do keep their ears open.  Out of curiousity, I would glance once in a while at Lu Han and Seohyun.

            She stopped working the lunch shift at the cafeteria, according to Lu Han.  He said that it was because she wanted to spend more time with him during lunch because he has too much schoolwork to catch up on.  So, she’s working the dinner shift now.

            I wanted to know if Lu Han bought her anything…   But, it didn’t seem like it.  I shrugged, not really caring.  Even though Lu Han and I spend so much time together and now that I’ve realized my feelings for him, the thought of Seohyun always lingers at the back of my mind.  As much as I would love to have Lu Han as my own boyfriend, I couldn’t stand the fact of him breaking up with her.  And, with those feelings, I could tell that I’m starting to like Lu Han less and less.

            Regardless, I know that those romantic feelings will always linger though.  There’s no doubt about it considering how close we are.

            I got a text and quickly checked it.  It was from Minyu.  I glanced up and gave her a look.  What in the world are you doing?, I thought.

            She gave me a look, telling me to read it.  Minyu: Is Lu Han cheating on you with Seohyun?  Before I could reply, I got a text from Eunsung.  Eunsung: He didn’t even get his girlfriend a gift…  Why?!!  Why is it only you?!!  I was about to reply when I got another text.  Minyu:  Are you two having secret ?

            “NO!!!!!!!” I yelled to my phone.  I could hear voice echo throughout the room when l heard the chatting around me stop and I quickly look up. 

            Everyone had turned to look at me.  I quickly glanced at Lu Han.  He was smiling and raised an eyebrow at me.  He was obviously trying to tease me, silently.  I quickly turned to the other people staring at me.  I let out a natural laugh.

            “Sorry!” I said, as I went back to my food.

            I quickly ate a spoonful of rice when I glanced over at Eunsung and Minyu.  I sent them a glare as I continued to eat.  As soon as I was done, I headed out the door with the girls keeping up with me.  I was about to turn to say something to them when I felt a flick on my temple. 

            I turned to look at who it was.  “L-Lu Han!” said Minyu, sounding surprised.

            He was smiling like a dork and Seohyun was standing at his side.  She smiled a small smile towards my direction.  I smiled and waved at her.  “Seohyun-ah~  How are you?” I asked.  “I hardly see you.”

            She smiled.  “I’m good.” she said.

            “Yah!” said Lu Han, as flicked my temple again.

            “What?!!” I asked, annoyed.  I quickly glared at Lu Han. 

            He gave me an irritated look.  “Why did you yell so loud back there, huh?” he asked.  “It’s not like you.”

            I rolled my eyes.  “Mason won’t be coming home this week.” I lied.  “He’s going to be coming home in another 2 weeks or so.”

            “Really?” asked Lu Han, disappointed.

            Well, Mason called me yesterday.  I wasn’t really lying though.  My brother won’t be home for a while.  But, I couldn’t possibly tell Lu Han and Seohyun what the girls were saying…  That’d just be stupid of me to do so. 

            “Mia forgot her textbook at home, so we’re in a hurry to go get it.” lied Eunsung.

            “Oh, yeah~” chimed Minyu.

            They quickly whisked me away from the couple, but we didn’t get far.  “Mia, did you forgot our math textbook?” he asked.

            “Uh…  No.” I replied.  “It’s my music theory textbook.”

            “O-Oh.” voiced Lu Han, as he turned to Seohyun as she linked arms with him.

            And, with that, the girls quickly pulled me off campus.  I knew it that they both wanted to say something to me.  But, since we were so close to campus, anyone could be sitting around without our acknowledgement.  In addition, I knew it that I was going to have a lot of explanation to do because it seems like they’ve misunderstood another situation again.

 

Author’s Note:

            Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

I know, I know...  There shouldn't be any in this story at all.  Sorry for the slightly "rated" scene.  But, knowing all of your raging fandom, I hope you guys enjoy!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho