Chapter 45

99% Males 1% Females

            Lu Han reached the top of the stairs when he heard glass shattering from the living room.  He quickly made his way down and switched the lights on.  Mia was sitting on the couch, observing a bare, bloody foot.

            She looked up.  “Oh, Lu Han…” she said, with a sleepy voice. 

            He frowned, as he motioned towards.  A wave of regret washed over him.  I should have woken her up, thought Lu Han.

            “Be careful, there are shards of glass.”

            He observed the broken glass cup and sighed.  Lu Han looked over at Mia with her bloody foot.  There was a 1 cm shard of glass in her foot.  Regardless of the piece of glass sticking out of her foot, Mia looked dazed and calm.  He would at expect her to be crying or in pain, but she wasn’t.

            “Why don’t I quickly clean this up and I’ll help you upstairs?” suggested Lu Han.

            “Sure…  But, can you bring the first aid kit as well?” asked Mia.

            Lu Han looked around the living room.  Mia had herself surrounded by textbooks.  Not only that, but the coffee table gave him little room to help her with the wound.  “There’s more room upstairs…  And, the first aid kit is in your parent’s office.” he replied.

            “Oh yeah~” said Mia, dazed and confused.

            He quickly cleaned up the mess and would glance every now and then at Mia.  She leaned back on the sofa and looked like she was about to fall back asleep again with a piece of glass in her foot.  She kept on opening and closing her eyes slowly.

            After Lu Han was done, he carried her the bridal way upstairs.  Mia rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes softly.  When they got to her bed, he almost didn’t want to put her down because he was worried that she was asleep.  He placed her softly on the bed and she opened her eyes. 

            Mia smiled.  “Thank you, Lu Han.” she said.  She leaned over to the night stand and tried to turn on the light.

            Lu Han quickly did so for her, as he felt emotional pain engulf him.  He felt bad for not waking her up and putting her in this position.  Lu Han went to grab the first aid kit and went back into her room.  Mia was observing the wound.  She lightly tapped on the glass shard and Lu Han shivered.  He has always been somewhat sensitive to the sight of blood.

            Mia smiled as Lu Han opened the first aid kit quickly.  The blood was dripping off of Mia’s foot and staining the bed sheets.    “I was testing to see how deep the glass shard is in my foot.” she explained.

            “Mm hm.” nodded Lu Han, as he avoided looking at her.

            As much as he didn’t want to see Mia take out the piece of glass, he looked up anyways.  She slowly pulled it out and Lu Han winced as she did so.  He was practically covered in sweat by the time Mia had completely pulled out the shard.  That was when the wound started to bleed even more.  Lu Han tried to move fast, but his shaking hands were lame and unresponsive. 

            Mia quickly disinfected the area with alcohol and pressed a few gauzes against her wound.  By that time, Lu Han already got the tape ready.  When they were done, Lu Han let out a sigh of relief as he stared at the wall.  He heard Mia laughing and he turned to her.

            She was smiling as her hand came up and went through his sweaty hair.  “Ewww…  What have you been doing?” she asked.  “Your hair is in a complete mess…  And, you smell different tonight…  Have you been showering?”

            Lu Han threw her a glare.  “Of course I have!” he replied.

            Mia gave him a look.  “Then, why do you have that smell and your hair is all messy?!” she replied.

            Lu Han was speechless.  I don’t really want to tell her that Seohyun and I had …  She’ll know eventually, but…, he thought.

            Regardless, Mia smiled.  She leaned over and gave him a kiss on the forehead.  “I miss you.” she said, softly as she pulled away.  “We haven’t seen each other in a long time.”

            Lu Han stared into Mia’s face as he felt regretful.  “Mia!  I’m sorry!” he said, as he buried his face into her lap.  “Mia, I’m sorry for not waking you up earlier!  And, for not spending that much time with you lately!”

            “Lu Han, it’s OK.” she said, as she patted his head.  Then, she pushed his sweaty, wet hair away from his face.

            Lu Han looked up at Mia with his deer-like eyes and shook his head.  “Mia…” he said.  “Seohyun and I had earlier…”

            She flashed him a look of disgust.  Before Lu Han could defend himself, she jumped to conclusions.  “You took her ity?!!!”

            “No!” answered Lu Han, quickly.  “No, of course not!  She lost it to her first boyfriend years ago!!”

            Mia blinked.  “I’m quite surprised that she’s even that type of girl.” she replied.

            Lu Han scoffed.  “Oh, come on!  There’s a lot of girls like that…” he said.  “You’re the only girl I’ve met that hasn’t been laid yet.”

            Mia gasped, offended.   He quickly held his hands up to stop her from shouting at him.  It was late at night and Lu Han didn’t want Mr. and Mrs. Chung to wake up.  “I didn’t mean it in a bad way!” he defended.  “It’s a good thing, believe me.”

            After she calmed down, Lu Han explained himself.  “Knowing the type of guy I am, I would probably respect you more…” he said. 

            “Don’t tell me Seohyun threw herself at you?!” asked Mia, horrified.

            Lu Han let out a soft laugh, as he packed the extra gauze and tape away.  He shook his head.  “We both wanted to do it.” he replied.

            Mia stared at him with a look he couldn’t read.  “Eww….  You little bastard.  You two have only been dating for 3 weeks!” she stated.  “Go get a darn shower!”

 

 

            Seohyun was a bit disappointed to not be able to eat lunch with Lu Han.  He said that he needed to do something for Mia today since it was her birthday.  He wouldn’t tell her what he was doing for her as much as she asked him sweetly.  All she knew was that Mia’s birthday was exactly one month before Lu Han’s, March 20th.

            Seohyun saw Mia came through the line, but Lu Han wasn’t with her.  So, she didn’t know what was going on.  Was Lu Han playing around with me?, thought Seohyun.  Where would he be if he isn’t here?  He couldn’t be at home because he can’t even cook to save his life, according to what he had told me!!

            When there were little to no people coming in any more, it was the end of Seohyun’s shift.  One of the lunch ladies kindly came and switched place with her.  She was getting a cup of soda from the soda machine when something caught the corner of her eyes.  Seohyun stopped what she was doing to take a look as the entire cafeteria came to a screeching halt.  There was someone walking across the cafeteria with about 100 lime green balloons in hand.  That person was holding the balloons too low so she couldn’t see who it was, but she could tell it was a guy judging from his pants and shoes.

            As soon as the guy walked past a table, people would start whispering the millisecond he walks past them.  Seohyun in a breath when the person approached Mia’s table.  Is that Lu Han?!!, she thought.

 

***************

 

            The person, then, held the balloons above his head to reveal who it was.  To my surprise, it wasn’t Lu Han or Jonghyun.  It was a sweet looking guy with the cutest eye smile and boyish smile.

            “N-Noona, happy birthday!” he said, nervously.

            I felt my face burn as I gave him a polite bow.  I quickly stood up to accept the balloons.  I knew it that it would be a pain to take the balloons home, but I didn’t mind.  It was sweet of this guy to do that for me.

            I smiled at him as I looked at him.  “Noona?” I laughed, as the talking in the cafeteria became louder.  “Ah~  So, you’re a freshman.  How cute!  What’s your name?  I’m Mia!”

            The guy finally met my eyes and nodded.  “I-I know, Mia Noona.” he replied.  “My name is Bacon.”

            I was a bit taken back at what I heard.  “I’m sorry.  I didn’t hear you really well.” I replied.

            “It’s Bacon.” he repeated.

            Are you for reals?!!, I thought.  There is NO WAY his name is BACON!!!!

            “Awwww!!  Baekhyun!  You’re such a sweet dongsaeng!!” said Minyu.  “Why don’t you like Minyu Noona instead?!”

            Oh…  BAEKHYUN!!!  Not BACON!, I thought.

            I smiled, as I held out my hand to him like the American person I am.  “It’s nice to meet you, Baekhyun!” I said.

            He nodded his head and shyly took my hand.  He shook it gently with his warm hands and he took his time as well.  Afterwards, I thanked him and he smiled that boyish smile of his.  I quickly ate my lunch and headed home.  I needed to put the balloons away because they were going to be bothering people in class.  I came home to find Lu Han there.

            “What are you doing here?” I asked, confused.

            Lu Han was smiling and just shrugged his shoulders.  “For my textbooks, but why are you here?” he asked.

            I rolled my eyes, as I waved the 100 balloons in his face.  He laughed.  “A guy gave it to you?”

            “Yeah!  He was so cute too!!!  Aigoo!!!” I responded, as I went up to my room to put the balloons there.

            “Really?” asked Lu Han, with a curious voice as he followed me.

            I glared at him over my shoulders.  “Why should you care?” I asked.

            Lu Han laughed out loud.  “It’s because,” he started.  “I set you up~!!”

            “What?!” I asked, horrified.

            “Just look at the balloon weight, there’s a note there!” suggested Lu Han.

            I quickly pulled the small envelope off.  I noticed it earlier, but I didn’t want to read it at the cafeteria.  I thought that it was Baekhyun’s love letter or something.  I threw the balloons at the side and opened the envelope.  It was a note read:

            Hi Mia!

          This is LU HAN!!!  HA HA HA!!!!  Did you fell for my trick?  Isn’t my delivery boy good looking?!!!  ^^  Hope you had a good time with him. 

          Happy Birthday!

From,

Lu Han

            I just let my jaw drop at the horror.  I dropped the note as I looked up at Lu Han.  He was smiling like the jerk that he was.  He was standing by staircase too.  Don’t make me push you down the stairs, I thought.

            “You like Baekhyun, right?” asked Lu Han, in a teasing way.  “Wasn’t he just so adorable?”

            I puffed, as rage filled through me.  “Are you serious?!!” I asked.  I had seriously thought that the cute boy back had really liked me.  But, to find out that it was just some mean hoax that Lu Han thought up made me extremely mad.

            “Mia likes Baekhyun, the delivery boy~!!!” teased Lu Han.

            I let out a loud groan as I lunged towards him.  Lu Han quickly moved out of the way.  Before I knew it, I was heading towards the staircase.  I remembered that I was trying to grab onto Lu Han’s hands when he realized what was happening and me his hand, but it all happened too fast.  I tumbled down the stairs and twisted my ankle.  On my birthday, I fell down the stairs, twisted my ankle, and spent the rest of the day at the hospital…

            Thanks a lot, Lu Han for those stupid 100 lime green balloons.

 

Author’s Note:

            Yay!  It’s Mia’s birthday!!!  And, Lu Han was being…  Complicated?

            Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho