Chapter 33

99% Males 1% Females

****************

 

            Finals came and passed by quickly.  Before Lu Han knew it, the semester was already over and he was packing up to go home.  Mason was coming back to Korea on the same day as he was leaving, which was perfect timing.

            Lu Han hadn’t bought that many things while his stay there, so most things still fit his suitcase.  As he wheeled his suitcase out of the house and into the driveway, where Uncle Chung’s car was waiting, a wave of emotions washed over him.

            In a sense, he was happy and sad that he was leaving.  Happy that he was going home to see his dad, but sad that he was leaving the Chung household.  Although he was bitter about being here in the beginning, it turned out for the better.  And, he has been able to make many new acquaintances over the last semester.

            “Are you ready Lu Han?” asked Uncle Ching, as he stepped out of the house.  Aunt Chung was already waiting in the car and Mia was still inside.  Before Lu Han could answer, he could hear her close the door. 

            Lu Han flashed a smile.  “Of course.” he said.  He made sure that he brought everything, just in case he might not return for the spring semester.

            There’s no need for me to stay here anymore, thought Lu Han.  Dad already cleared up that mess back home.  I can live, go to school, and do whatever I want in China again.

            Lu Han watched as Uncle Chung pulled away from the house.  He looked over at Mia and their eyes met.  She flashed a weak smile and then looked away to the road in front of them.

            “A while ago, you were talking to Dr. Kim about an internship...” started Lu Han. 

            He and Mia haven’t talked to each other in a while because they had a huge argument before finals.  She had gone to Seoul one day, without telling her parents or him the reason.  It turned out that she had gone for an audition for a musical movie that someone had told her to do.  Her parents seemed to be used to her sneaking behind their backs with these sort of things, so they didn’t seem to mind. 

            But, Lu Han was disappointed.  Was he not one of the people Mia had said herself that supported her the most?  Was she truly that insecure to not tell him about it?  It made Lu Han frustrated and questioned the nature of their relationship.  So, he refused to talk to her and gave her the cold shoulder for the past 3 weeks.

            “Did you get an internship?”  Regardless, Lu Han still wanted to talk to her before he left.  He didn’t want to leave their friendship the way it was.  Not knowing if he will return to Korea for sure, he wanted to leave their friendship with a solid foundation.

            Mia looked over at Lu Han.  “Hmm…  I’m not really sure.” she said.  “He said that there are a lot of opportunities for me because our music school has good connections.  So, I was thinking about doing something that was overseas.  It won’t be my official internship though.  I just wanted to do something with music on the side.”

            “Like what?” asked Lu Han, curious.  He wasn’t sure what she was getting at.

            An internship that doesn’t pertain to composing music?, he thought.  Maybe she really does want to explore in something else that she hasn’t been expose to.
            Mia just shrugs.  “I don’t know.” she said, not being fully present.

            Lu Han let out a breath, disappointed.  It seemed like she was disinterested in their conversation.  Her mind was elsewhere and he could tell.

 

 

            Lu Han’s dad’s private jet was waiting for him in the airport, so he didn’t need to get a ticket.  As soon as he gets across the security, then he’s on his way to China.  He stopped to talk to Uncle and Aunt Chung and possibly Mia before he left.

            “Uncle Chung, it was really a pleasure to be in your household.” said Lu Han, as he shook hands with the older man.  “I’m so grateful for your wonderful hospitality.”

            “Of course, son.” he smiled, as he patted Lu Han on the shoulder.  He was careful not bring up about next semester.  Lu Han already discussed to Uncle Ching about transferring back to Beijing University and to not tell Mia about it.  He knows that she’s sensitive at times and the last thing he wants is for her to start crying about it.

            He turned to Aunt Chung with a bright smile.  “Oh, Lu Han.” she said and hugged him like he was her own son.  “You have a safe ride home, alright?”

            “I will.” replied Lu Han, as he pulled away from the hug.

            He turned to Mia, who seemed to be distant.  She was looking down at the ground, probably observing the pattern of the tiles.  “Mia.” Lu Han called out with a smile.

            She looked up at him and his smile dropped.  Her eyes were teary.  She’s crying.  Before Lu Han knew it, she hugged him.  “Lu Han.” she said, into his chest.  “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about that stupid audition.”

            “Hey, it’s OK.” he said, as he patted her shoulder.  He could feel himself blush as they stood in front of Uncle and Aunt Chung.  Lu Han didn’t want to pull Mia into a full embrace.  He didn’t want her parents to make any disturbing remarks again.

            Mia started sobbing and that drew the attention of people that were walking pass by.  Lu Han could feel his face become even hotter.  “Lu Han.” she said, as she pulled away from the hug.  “I’m going to miss you.”

            He looked down at her.  He didn’t know what to say.  Lu Han knows that he wouldn’t miss her considering the fact that he was excited to go back to his life in Beijing.  He didn’t want to lie to Mia about missing her too, especially if when he knows that he won’t miss her.

            Lu Han smiled.  “Mason is coming home today.  So I don’t think you’ll miss me much.” he managed to say.

            “Oh yeah.” said Mia, remembering about her dear brother.

            Lu Han laughed.  “I can’t believe that you forgot about him.” he commented.

            “It’s only because I was thinking about you leaving.” defended Mia.

            Lu Han just shook his head. You can be so stupid sometimes, Mia, he thought.

 

 

            Kris sat in front of Lu Han.  He was deciding what he wanted to eat for lunch.  Lu Han frowned.  His friend can be picky at times or simply unsure of what he wants to eat.  Lu Han already decided what he wanted to eat. 

            A darn steak, he thought. I deserve it for not taking my lunch earlier.

            He looked out the window of the restaurant.  Even though it was already January, it was still snowing.  Today’s snow fall was bad; it was late in the afternoon and snowing.  Lu Han glanced down at his watch.  It was 3:00 PM.  He turned back to his friend, Kris.

            They were both in their suits and working today.  Kris was working for his parent’s fashion business for the winter break, just as Lu Han was doing the same thing with his father’s bussiness.  The Wu’s own a line of luxury boutiques that carries clothes for the whole family throughout Asia and will be opening a store in London soon.  Kris was under stress.  He was worrying about the debut of their London store.

            “I got it!” said Kris, slightly excited.  “I want the rib eye steak.”

            Lu Han laughed.  “Me too.” he said.

            Kris smiled.  “How ironic.” he said, as he closed the book.

            The waitress quickly approached the table, taking the orders down.  Lu Han took a glance at her bottom as she walked away.  She was tall, pale, and pretty.  His type of girls.

            Kris laughed.  “Sorry, Lu Han.  I think she was checking me out.” he said.

            Lu Han scoffed.  “Kris, we’re both good looking and rich young men.   Who wouldn’t be checking us out?” he asked.

            Kris laughed and shook his head.  “At least I don’t take advantage of them like you.” he said.

            “Advantage?  Now, that’s just pushing it Kris.” said Lu Han.  “I don’t take advantage of them.  I just take their offerings.  Besides, that was over a year ago.  I’m a changed man if you can’t tell.”

            “What about Mia?” asked Kris.

            “Huh?” asked Lu Han, surprised.  “Mia?”  He hasn’t talked about her in such a long time that even the name sounded weird on his tongue.

            Kris laughed.  “Oh come on.  You know, your little girlfriend.” he said.

            Lu Han rolled his eyes.  “Shut up.” he said.  “She is not my girlfriend just because we kissed a few times.”

            Kris raised his eyebrows.  “Then, can I be her boyfriend?” he asked.

            Lu Han flashed him a look.  “You don’t even know if she’s pretty or ugly.” he stated.  “Besides, it’s not like you to just get with girls like that.  Stop joking around, Kris.”

            Kris isn’t like Lu Han.  He’s only had 2 ex girlfriends and will little ual experiences.  I know you’re not a , Kris…  But, I know that you just don’t get with strangers like that, thought Lu Han.

            “It’s because you’re not willing to explain to me how she looks like nor do have pictures of her!” replied Kris.

            “I don’t need to have pictures of her.” replied Lu Han.

            “But, you have a ton of pictures of all of those other female friends you have.” counterattacked Kris.  “You and your camwhoring female friends!  And, all those pictures are on your Weibo too.  But, why not Mia?”

            “Because I’m too ashamed to acknowledge her.” admitted Lu Han. 

            Kris just laughs and rolled his eyes.  “That’s just wrong, Lu Han.” he said.  “She must not be pretty, that’s why you’re being so vicious.  Changed man, my .”

 

 

            Lu Han quickly walked into the hall that led to a reserved room.  His dad was having dinner with an important business partner and had asked him to be there as well.  He was a bit surprised. 

            Is there a new business partner that I haven’t heard about?, thought Lu Han.  But, shouldn’t I hear about this already?  I am an Assistant Manager after all; I should know about this.

            Lu Han quickly fixed his suit and dusted off any stray lent to look his best.  He took in a deep breath before stepping into the room.  He was taken back when he walked in there.  Lu Han stood by the door like an idiot.

            “W-What are you doing here?” he asked, surprised.

            “Me?!” asked Mia.  “I should be the one asking you that!”

            “I live here, in Beijing!” replied Lu Han, getting annoyed.

 

Author’s Note:

            Mia in Beijing…  I’m assuming that this story is now becoming predictable.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho