Chapter 41

99% Males 1% Females

*******************

 

            I woke up feeling tired as I turned to Lu Han.  He looked like a doll when he was asleep, which was something I’ve never noticed before.  Did he really look that perfect asleep?, I thought, surprised. 

            I smiled evilly as I leaned close to him.  Fortunately, he didn’t stir.   I quickly brushed my lips over his check and bit his soft, perfect skin.  Surprised, Lu Han jerked back.  He glared at me through his sleepy eyes.

            “What the hell are you doing?” he asked, angry.  His hand came up to the wet spot that I bit him and wiped my saliva off his cheek.  The spot was bright red and it looked like it hurt.

            I laughed.  As my laughter died, I felt Lu Han place his hand on my shoulder.  “Mia,” he started, with a serious tone.  “Did Tao you?”

            I blinked, trying to remember what happened last night.  I know that there was some drug in that drink that Tao gave me.  Whatever it was…  Damn, that thing was potent.  Even though I was super dizzy, Tao led me up a thousand stair cases to a room.  I remember he pushed me on the bed and kissed me passionately.  I was trying to fight him off by kicking, screaming, and pushing.  It was fruitful, but he got mad.

            Since the room was spinning, the next thing I knew was that my hands were tied and Tao was in between my legs.  His hands were under my dress.  He stripped my underwear off and I started to scream, but it felt like my vocal cords weren’t strong enough or something.

            I let out a shutter as I went into Lu Han’s embrace.  That was all I could remember, I thought.

            “Mia, it’s OK…” comforted Lu Han, as I started to cry.  He pulled me closer to his body.

            “I-I don’t remember.” I stated.  “I don’t remember what happened.  I-I think that nothing happened…”

            I heard Lu Han sigh.  “I don’t think that anything happen either.” he commented.  “It seemed like I came just in time.

            I looked up at him.  “Really?” I asked.

            Lu Han nodded his head.  “Yeah, it seemed like it because when I came in…  You guys weren’t doing anything and it seemed like he was about to enter you.” he said.

            I shivered.  “That’s…  Just disgusting.” I commented, as I turned away from Lu Han’s chest.

            I had an urge to want to take a long shower to cleanse myself of the filth.  I stared at the closet as I felt Lu Han’s breath on my neck.  He placed his chin on my shoulder and our faces were next to each other’s.

            “Your family, friends, and I will care and love you the same way…  Don’t ever worry.” he whispered, into my ear.  “I will always be here.”

            I turned to face him with teary eyes.  Why does he always know what to say to make me cry?, I thought.

            Lu Han flashed me a soft smile.  I felt my warm tears roll down my face again, as I smiled.  “Thank you for coming to my rescue, Lu Han.” I said, softly.

            His smile grew wider.  “Of course.” he replied.  “I will always try like a cliche movie.”

            I laugehd as I sat up and looked around the room.  Automatically, I knew that it wasn’t Lu Han’s bed room.  I quickly slipped out of the bed and Lu Han called out my name.

            Not really paying attention to him, I went and opened the door.  There was a full length mirror across the hallway and I stood there looking at myself.  Surprisingly, my makeup was still intact.  I touched the t-shirt I was wearing.  It was a very soft cotton material and came down to my mid thigh.

            Uh…  How come I’m in this shirt?, I thought.

            I felt Lu Han’s body heat radiating from behind me.  I looked up into the mirror and there he stood, behind me.  I never noticed how short I look when I stood next to him.  I had always wondered and finally found out how I really did look like a midget next to him.

            “Don’t go out there.” said Lu Han.  He placed his hands on my hips as he took a step closer to me.  We were both looking into the mirror. 

            “Why?” I asked, confused.

            “It’s because you’re underwear-less.” shrugged Lu Han.  “I don’t want Kris to see anything precious.”

            “What?!!!” I asked, horrified.  I turned around and pushed him away.

            Not only did I almost got last night, but I slept with Lu Han…  WITHOUT AN UNDERWEAR ON?!!!!,I thought.  THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST TIME I’M EVER DRINKING OR GOING TO A PARTY!!!!

            Lu Han laughed.  “Don’t worry.” he answered, with a teasing voice.  “It’s not like we did anything.”

            “W-What the hell?!” I asked.  “Don’t you, at least, have the decency to let me sleep in peace?!!

            “Let you sleep in peaceYOU were the one that came to me!!” replied Lu Han, still smiling.  “You wanted me to sleep with you.”

            I gasped.  “What the hell?!” I said.  “Why did you go along with it?  It was obvious that I wasn’t in the right mind!”

            Lu Han just continued to laugh.  “I told you to sleep with Kris, but you wanted to sleep with me instead.” he defended.

            “WHAT?!!!!” I asked.  “I’d rather sleep with Kris!!!”

            Lu Han scoffed and rolled his eyes.  “Well,” he said.  “You chose me in the end.”  He pointed to himself with a triumphing smile. 

            “You should thank him for getting you out of that red dress.” commented Kris, startling me.  He was wearing an evil smirk as my eyes became wide.

              I turned to Lu Han and he just shrugged like it was nothing.  I just let my jaws drop and stared at him.  I walked over to Lu Han and literally attacked him.

            “WHAT THE HELL?!!!!” I asked.

            Lu Han just laughed as a response while dodging my every assault.

 

 

            Uncle Ching had called me into his office.  I was done packing my things for Korea and I was sitting in the living room with Lu Han.  It will be another 4 hours before I leave Beijing to go back home.  It has been a month since I’ve last seen my parents.  Mason had already went back to New York for school since they started in mid January.

            It will be a few days before Chinese New Year and I wanted to spend the holiday with my parents and Misty.  We don’t do much, but I missed them.  This has been the first time I’ve ever been so long from home.  I assumed that that must had been how Lu Han felt…  An intense emotion of wanting to be home with the people you love the most, being homesick.

            I smiled as I stepped into the room.  Uncle Ching looked up from a book he was reading and flashed a smile, as I approach his desk.  I took my seat in front of him.

            “Mia, I hope that you had a great stay here.” he started.

            “Of course I did.  I enjoyed your warm hospitality.” I laughed.

            “Master Song said that you have a rare musical talent…” commented Uncle Ching.  “But, he did mention how you are quite shy to play the guzheng in front of others.  So, why don’t you play a piece for me the next time you come to Beijing?”

            “Of course!” I answered.  “I will practice hard.”

            “I’m sorry that Lu Han won’t be returning to Baek Young University for the new school year.” apologized Uncle Ching, sincerely.  “I can tell that you will miss him greatly.”

            I shook my head.  “It’s OK.” I shrugged.  “He can always call or fly over to Korea for a weekend.”

            Uncle Ching laughed.  “He could if he wanted to, but you know Lu Han.  He can be stubborn sometimes.” he commented.

            I nodded my head.  Yes, he can be, I thought.

            “Mia, have you ever thought about marriage?” asked Uncle Ching, randomly.

            “Uh…  Of course.” I replied, dumbfounded.  “I would love to get married one day and have children.”

            Uncle Ching nodded his head in content, as he stared at me.  “What kind of man would you want to marry?” he asked.

            “Um, I don’t know.” I replied, honestly.

            Uncle Ching laughed.  “Mia, I’m sorry if I scared you.” he said.  “Since I don’t have a daughter, I wanted to set you up with sons of my business partners.”

            “Really?” I asked, excited.  “Are they handsome and tall like Kris?”

            Uncle Ching smiled.  “Of course!” he replied.  “They’re around your age as well.”

            I heard a groan from the door.  I rolled my eyes as I turned around, knowing that it was Lu Han.  “Dad, you can’t just go around setting men up with Mia.” he commented, as he walked into the office.  “She’s a trouble maker.  Before you know it, they'll be running away screaming at the top of their lungs becuase she's too complicated.”

            Uncle Ching looked at me then over to Lu Han.  “Then, why don’t you marry her.  You two get along well.” he teased.

            Lu Han made a disgusted face.  “Go right ahead and set her up, Dad.  I think that Zhen would be a great start for Mia.” he stated as fast as a speeding bullet.

            I laughed and shook my head, as Uncle Ching chimed in.  “I don’t think that it would be good to have a long distance relationship…” I commented.  “So, maybe you can introduce me to them whenever I come back.

            “Master Song said that he wants to invite you back for the summer.” smiled Uncle Ching.  “How about then?”

            “Sure.” I nodded.

            Well, Kris and I are no longer dating…  So, that probably will be OK, I thought.

            Kris told me that he feels that as much as he likes me, he thinks that it is best that we just be friends.  That was a slap in the face because I actually wouldn’t mind having him as my first boyfriend.  I was glad that he wasn’t able to make it to send me off because he had to be in London a few days before.

            He’s a really kind, giving, and loving person…  I guess, I just wasn’t good enough, I thought.

            “Don’t worry.  My dad wasn’t serious when he was trying to set you up with those guys.” said Lu Han, as he opened the door to his car for me.  “Just tell him that you have a boyfriend when you come back for the summer; he’ll get off your case.”

            I laughed, as he closed the door.  I watched Lu Han walk over to his side of the car and slip in.  “I wouldn’t mind.” I said.

            “Hmm…  You should mind.” said Lu Han.  “Some of those guys are jerks.  I’d rather you be with someone that cares about you in Korea than have a long distance relationship with some in China.

            I laughed again, as I shook my head.  “What’s wrong?” asked Lu Han, as he drove out of the garage.

            There was a silence.  I didn’t know how to tell Lu Han what was going on in my head.  Kris told me last week that he didn’t want to date me anymore, I felt like I have low self esteem after what happened with Tao at the party, and Lu Han won’t be going to school with me for the new school year. 

            “I…  There are just a lot of things going on in my head.” I replied.

            “Like?” asked Lu Han, trying to get me to talk.

            I let out a sigh.  “OK, fine.” I said.  “Kris doesn’t want to date me anymore, I still feel like I’m some filthy because of Tao, and you didn’t tell me that you were going to be transferring back to Beijing Univeristy for the new school year.

            Lu Han didn’t say anything for a few seconds.  “Kris has decided that it would be best that you two are friends because long distance relationships are hard.  And, Mia…” he finally said.  “You are not a filthy, desperate .  You are…  A wonderful, kind, lovely young woman.  Those women Tao sleeps around with got nothing on you.”

            I nodded slowly, listening to him.  “What about you transferring?” I questioned.

            “Well…” said Lu Han.  “I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about that.”

            “Hm.” I responded.

            “Mia, I really am!” defended Lu Han.  “I didn’t want you to cry, that’s why I didn’t want to say anything…”

            “And, that’s why you decided to let my dad tell me instead?” I asked, slightly angry.

            Was he serious?, I thought.  He could have wrote me a note or something, but to have my dad tell me instead?  Are we notfriends or what?!

            I watched as Lu Han swallowed hard.  His Adam’s apple bobbed up and down as he did so.  “I…  I didn’t know how to say it to you.  I care a lot about you and I didn’t want you to be sad about it, especially with me leaving.” he said.

            “Regardless, you were going to leave anyways.” I shrugged.  I let out a frustrated groan.  “Whatever, I don’t even care anymore.  You’ve already explained yourself.”

            Then, there was a long silence.  I took my time looking out the window, watching the city Beijing pass me by.  Before I knew it, we reached the airport and Lu Han was taking the Louis Vuitton suitcase he got me out from his trunk.  After we got my plane ticket, we sat for a while.

            “Will you miss me?” asked Lu Han, as he looked over at me.

            I rolled my eyes.  “Of course.” I answered.  “Why wouldn’t I?  You’re like my best friend.

            “I’m your best friend?” asked Lu Han, with his eyes shining.

            “You’re like my best friend, Lu Han.” I said, pointing my index finger at him.  Like.”

            He laughed.  “From all the friends I’ve had, I will have to admit that Kris is the best friend I’ve ever had.” he smiled.  “I don’t know why, but you and I just understand each other so easily.  And, we’re always so comfortable in each other’s skin when we’re together...   Sure, we argue a lot, but that’s what makes our relationship fun in some ways.  But, to compare you and him…  I would say that you are my best friend.”

            I smiled, as I took his hand in mine.  I gave it a light squeeze before he intertwined his fingers with mine.  “OK, OK.” I laughed.  “Lu Han, you are my best friend.”

            “People like to think we’re together though…” frowned Lu Han.

            “I know.” I agreed.  “I honestly don’t think that anyone out there will ever be able to understand our friendship the way we do.

            “Exactly!” nodded Lu Han.  He let out a small laugh.  “Our friendship is purely ours…  No one on the surface of this planet will ever understand that you are truly a great, important friend of mine.

            “A friend, not girlfriend!” I added.

            “Yup!” nodded Lu Han.

            My smile softened.  “I will miss you.” I said.  “I will miss you a lot, Lu Han.

            He pulled me into a hug as we continued to sit in our seats.  “I will miss you too.” he said.  “Don’t worry…  I’ll try to call and maybe even visit you once or twice a year.”

            I pulled away from the hug.  “What kind of best friend are you?” I asked, horrified.  “You’ll try to call and might visit?  And, even if you do visit it’ll only be once or twice a year?!”

            Lu Han laughed, as he pinched my cheek.  “Stupid Dumpling!” he said.  “I was only teasing you!  Don’t worry.  We should talk at least once a week.  And, I’ll try to visit once a month on the weekend.”

            I smiled.  “Yay!” I said.  “I can’t wait!  You know, we should spend some more time in Seoul!”

            Lu Han laughed again and nodded his head.  He quickly looked at his watch.  “You should go through the security.” he said. “It’s almost time for your flight to get here.”

            I quickly gave Lu Han a kiss on the cheek.  “Thank you for being so sweet the whole time I was here.” I said.

            “Of course.” he replied.  “You should visit more.  We haven’t even gone to any of the tourist attractions because you were busy.  You need to stay longer, so we go all over China.”

            “You too!” I said.  “We should go to Busan when you come over during the summer.  It’s really nice there.

            “Really?” Lu Han asked.  “Oh, yeah!  We should go to Europe too!  It’ll be fun!”

            I gasped.  “Paris?” I asked.  Lu Han nodded his head, excitedly.

            “Korean Air Flight 324: Beijing to Seoul will leave in 30 minutes.” spoke the intercom.

            Lu Han quickly stood up and pulled me onto my feet.  “You need to go!” he said.  “You’ll miss your flight!”

            For a moment, I didn’t want to leave.  I wanted to stay there with Lu Han even if I missed my family and Misty like crazy.  I wanted to spend all my days with him.  Just he and I doing whatever we can come up with.  Whether we were arguing with each other or getting into trouble or being mistaken as a couple…  I didn’t care.  I wanted to be with him...  But, I needed to go home for school and my family.

            I gave him a smile.  “Bye, Lollipop.” I said.

            “Goodbye, my Dumpling.” said Lu Han, with a huge grin.

 

Author’s Note:

            And, this is how the story ends.

 

         

 

                      I’m just KIDDING!!!  There’s more to the story…  It wouldn’t be bad if the story ends like this though.  LOL

            I really liked how Mia almost missed her flight because they were talking too much.  Damn.  I wish I had a friendship like this as well.  :D

LOVE,

loveFORyunho