Chapter 55

99% Males 1% Females

            As soon as we entered the house, Eunsung and Minyu turned to me with questioning looks.  Their faces were unreadable.  “Y-Yah!!” I said, as they made me sit on the couch.

            “Why did Lu Han did that?” asked Eunsung.  “I know he has a girlfriend and all, but seriously…  Why?  What have you two been secretly doing?”

            I opened my mouth to defend myself when Minyu interrupted me.  “Exactly!!” she said.  “Besides, you two have been hanging out a lot these days…  It’s like…  Like-”

            “You and Lu Han are together instead of Seohyun and him these days.” finished Eunsung.  Minyu frantically nodded her head.

            I let out a sigh as they waited for me to answer.  They were staring at me, intently.  “I-It’s nothing…” I started.  “Lu Han just became his normal self again.”

            I gasped at what I had just said.  !, I thought.  Now they know…  Please don’t-

            My pair of friends raised their eyebrows.  From their excited and sparkling eyes, I could tell that a light bulb went off in their heads.  I rolled my eyes as they jumped up and down, screaming.

            “OH MY GOD!!!” screamed Minyu.

            “You like LU HAN!!!” yelled Eunsung.

            Not wanting the neighbors (or anyone walking past by) to hear, anger raged through me.  They didn’t need to react the way they did.  It wasn’t like it was going to work out anyways because Lu Han is Seohyun’s boyfriend.  I’d already given up trying to catch his attention before even realizing my feelings for him.  Besides…  The pair looks perfect together.

            “You guys!!!” I screamed, at the top of lungs. They stopped and stared at me.  And, I realized that I spoke in Mandarin and they didn’t know a of it.   “Stop it!!  Stop yelling, OK?!”

            Minyu and Eunsung flashed me a bright smile.  “Awww~  Mia~” said Minyu, as she hugged me.

            “It’s OK.” said Eunsung, as she sandwiched me in between them.

            “I think Lu Han likes you too.” they both stated, together.

            For a moment, I felt my hopes soar but I quickly shot myself down.  I know that Lu Han would never break up with Seohyun.  Even though they haven’t been spending much time together, he likes her…  If he wasn’t, then he wouldn’t have gone out of his way to look like creep around the music building just to ask her out.

            I rolled my eyes.  “You guys are so dumb…” I stated.  “Lu Han and I are friends.  It will forever stay that way.”

            Minyu pulled away and looked at me, confused.  Eunsung released me as well.  “Why would you say something like that?” Eunsung asked.  “You can’t just assume!”

            “Yeah!  Lu Han and Seohyun are practically going to break up any day now.” said Minyu, with negativity in her voice.

            I stepped away from them.  I couldn’t understand why she was like that.  What did Seohyun ever do to her to make her say such nasty things about her?  If it was just the fact that she was Lu Han’s girlfriend, then that’s wrong.

            “Don’t say things like that!” I said, defending the dongsaeng I knew.

            “But, it’s true!” said Minyu.

            “Who are you?!” I asked, horrified.  “Minyu, how could you possibly say something like that even if it was true?” 

            “Mia,” said Eunsung, as she made me face her.  “You need to understand that Seohyun and Lu Han aren’t having any more…”

            “Who cares?” I asked.  “It’s not like they’re even married!  How does that affect their relationship?  If they were married, I’d understand.  But, they’re not!  And, how do you even know?”

            “We know because everyone knows…” replied Eunsung, as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

            “Yeah, Mia.  You didn’t know?  It’s not on the student forum; only word by mouth…  Seohyun’s suitemates are the ones that always hears them .” answered Minyu.

            “That’s just freaking disgusting.” I replied.

            “You always hear some in the dorms.” said Eunsung, as she waved it off like nothing.  “I thought that we had this conversation before.”

            For the first time ever, I was actually grateful that I didn’t live in the dorms.  I made a disgusted face.  “To be honest, I don’t really care if they’re not having .” I said.

            “Mia, that’s everything for a male college student.” said Minyu, with huge eyes.  “If there’s no then that means that they’re over!  You should celebrate.”

            “And, take your chance!” smiled Eunsung.

            I rolled my eyes.  “To be honest…” I started.  “I don’t really like Lu Han anymore.  So, it doesn’t matter.”

            “What?  Why?” asked Eunsung and Minyu, surprised.

            “Just because.” I said, as I shrugged.  “He’s a sweet guy, but…  I can’t see myself in a relationship with him.”

            They stared at me, with open mouths.  Eunsung blinked slowly as Minyu tried to say something.  “W-What do you mean?” she asked.

            I shrugged my shoulders.  “I mean, just think about it!” I said.  “Yeah, sure, we’re close and all…  But, I couldn’t imagine how it would be if we would be together.  It probably isn’t any different from what it already is…”

            “Your point is?” asked Eunsung.

            “It’s indifferent from what it is already is…  So, it doesn’t even matter whether or not we are in a relationship.” I shrugged, again.  The two stared at me, in disbelief.  “Lu Han said that he’ll always be there.”

            “What about when you two get married?” questioned Minyu.  “How will you two always be there for each other?”

            “I don’t know.” I replied.  “I actually haven’t thought about that.”

            “Then, you guys might as well marry each other.” suggested Eunsung.  “And…  Have kids…  Little Lu Hans and Mias everywhere!”

            I had the sudden urge to roll my eyes as the two started to plan Lu Han and my “married life” together.

 

**********************

 

            Seohyun smiled as she leaned close to Lu Han.  They were napping on her bed.  The thought of being more intimate lingers in the back of her mind as they lay there.  They have not been with each other as much as they used to…  Seohyun did not like that at all.

            Sure, it was good that they gave each other room to have their own lives.  But, she didn’t like how Mia suddenly became more important to Lu Han than her.  For the last month or so, he would reject her offer to spend time together because he always had something to do with her.  For example, Lu Han would rather be at home with Mia doing nothing than going to a party or the club with her. 

            Seohyun inhaled calmly and deeply, thinking about how her boyfriend had decided to spend his time.  She pulled herself back to the present.  She wanted to cherish the time she could with Lu Han before she goes back to Seoul for summer break.  In a way, she was grateful that Lu Han was going to go back to China.  But, that doesn’t mean that Mia can’t visit him.  Their families are good family friends, according to Lu Han himself.  As much as Seohyun didn’t like how she was feeling regarding her relationship with Lu Han, she was becoming insecure.

            They claim that they’re friends, but Seohyun still worry because it was so obvious that Lu Han would do anything for Mia, even if she doesn’t ask him to.  Like how he bought her shoes the other day because he thought that it would look good on her…  Or, he would talk about her all the time.  Seohyun and Lu Han went to the grocery store last week…  And, the whole entire time he would talk about Mia’s favorite food.  From what she remembers, there was a ton of junk food like cookies, chips, ramen, and a few fruits here and there.

            Pulling out of her deep thoughts, Seohyun tried to engage Lu Han with some news travelling around school.  “Lu Han, did you hear?” she asked.  “Kim Hyomin is pregnant.”

            “That freshmen girl?” asked Lu Han, surprised.

            “Yeah.” replied Seohyun.

            The news had just been spreading around last night when the girl started to cry nonstop.  The whole entire floor heard her loud crying all night.  Although Seohyun and the others didn’t appreciate the crying, they tried to understand her situation and didn’t complain.  Not only that, but since it was posted on the student forum, the whole student population found out by morning.

            “Isn’t her boyfriend Kikwang” asked Lu Han.

            Seohyun nodded her head slowly.  “But, you don’t understand…” she started.  “Hyomin doesn’t know who the father of her child is.”

            She watched as her boyfriend’s lips became a thin line, out of dislike.  “That’s just sad.” he said, softly.

            Without thinking, Seohyun asked, “What would you do if Mia Sunbae became pregnant?”

            In a heartbeat, she heard Lu Han reply.  “I would marry her.” he said.  Seohyun felt her heart drop as she became disappointed and sad.  “If the father of the child wouldn’t take the responsibility, then I would marry her.  And, if I know that she’ll end up in a loveless marriage, I will marry her.”

            D-Do you really love her that much?, thought Seohyun.  What about me?  What will happen to me if something like that happens?

            “You love her that much?” she asked, thinking out loud.  “You care so much about Mia that you would marry her and love a child that you didn’t even father?” 

            Seohyun took in a deep breath, trying to calm herself down.  It was obvious that anger colored the tone of her voice.  She didn’t want Lu Han to know that she was upset over his answer, no matter how honest how he was.  She didn’t want them to get into an argument and end the semester like that.  She wanted them to part away for their summers in a peaceful, loving manner.

            “Of course.” he replied, with confidence.

            “I see.” concluded Seohyun.

            There was a long, uncomfortable silence.

            “I would never want Mia to suffer in that sort of way, Seohyun.” explained Lu Han.  “She’s like a sister to me…  I’d rather love her fatherless child and call her my wife any day than let her suffer…  Alone.”

            Seohyun opened to say something when Lu Han gasped.  He quickly sat up on the bed.  Before she could react, he quickly slipped off the bed and placed his shoes on.  Lu Han was adjusting the straps to his backpack when Seohyun sat up in her bed.  She watched as her boyfriend quickly scanned the room if he left anything there.

            “What’s wrong?” asked Seohyun.

            Lu Han in a breath.  “Mia.” he replied.  “Mia.  I’m supposed to help Mia make the birthday cake for Uncle Ching.”

            Seohyun stared at him, dumbstruck.  Are you serious?, she thought.  She wanted to roll her eyes.  It’s always Mia Sunbae.

            “Oh.” she replied.   There was a pause.  “Have fun and tell Mr. Chung ‘Happy Birthday.’”

            Lu Han flashed a smile and nodded his head.  “I’ll see you tomorrow!” he said.  With that, he left.

            Seohyun laid back down on the bed.  She let out a heavy sigh.  What in the world is going on?, she thought.  It’s as if all he’s ever here for is to see me for 10 minutes and then spend all of his time with Mia Sunbae…  Do we not have anything in common besides our physical attraction towards each other?  She suddenly thought about their intimate experiences together and her eyes started to water.  She felt used and dirty.  God, I hope not…

 

Author’s Note:

 

            Wow…  It’s quite obvious that the theme of this chapter is “marriage.”  LOL  And, I didn’t even realize that I was listening to “Marry You” by Bruno Mars while writing this as well…  How ironic!

            Sorry about the lack of updates.  I’ve been pretty busy with life.  :D  Hope you all understand.

            I feel especially bad for Seohyun, you guys…  She likes Lu Han so much, but it seems like he’s becoming side-tracked by Mia.

 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho