Chapter 31

99% Males 1% Females

            Lu Han was so sweet.  He told my family and I that he got his dad’s private jet to send Mason home, so it will be a lot faster than taking a commercial plane.  Since I still had my musical performance that night, I couldn’t send him off.  Mom and Dad were going to take him to the airport, leaving Lu Han and I alone for the night.

            Tonight was our last musical performance and I wanted to give my all.  Since I’ve been performing 3 nights nonstop already, my vocal cords really needed a break this morning.  So, I spent most of the day playing charades with my family and Lu Han.

            Then, when Mason was leaving, I couldn’t control myself anymore.  I had to cry and tell him how much I will miss him.  But, afterwards, I shut up and went to sleep before the show.  Since Lu Han has nothing to do for the night, he hung out back stage.  Also, the cast and I were going to have an after party for the night so I decided to invite him as my guest.

            I smiled at Lu Han as I exited the stage with my costars.  He was standing only a few meters away.  Whether he was watching the whole time or not, I didn’t care.  It’s boring to watch something more than twice, especially when it’s buzzing all over town too.

            Although the after party was only limited to the cast and production team, a few outsiders were invited.  I was glad that Lu Han wasn’t the only one the only one that got dibs because of me. 

            Jonghyun came to my side and flashed me a smile.  “Lu Han is pretty popular with the girls, huh?” he commented. 

            He nodded in the direction Lu Han was at.  Literally all the girls on the cast and production crew were swarming over him, except for Eunmi and I.  Some girls were grabbing on to his long arms and I could’ve sworn I saw a hand on his chest.  They look like they were going to eat him alive…  And, it didn’t seem like Lu Han mind.  He had a bright smile on his face.

            It’s good to know that he’s over his ex for sure, I thought.

            “Yeah, he’s been.” I said.  “Don’t you remember when he first came on campus at the beginning of the semester?”

            Jonghyun let out a laugh.  “I remember, but the commotion died down after a while.” he said, looking over at me.  “I think it was because you two are always together and the other girls must feel intimidated…”

            “But, not tonight.  I’m here and they’re all over him.” I said, watching the girls all over Lu Han.  “I think…  I think it’s because people have a misconception of our friendship.  Even in the beginning, people thought that we were denying that we were together.”

            “But, you guys aren’t.” replied Jonghyun.  I looked over at him.  “I-I could tell…  That you guys are just friends, even though you guys are really close.  There’s nothing more besides friendship.”

            I smiled, glad that there is someone that understands Lu Han and I.  “I’m glad that there is a few people out there that understands your relationship.” I said.

            Jonghyun smiled, showing his dimples.  “Of course.” he said.  “Aren’t you excited?  The semester is going to end soon.”

            “Oh, I know!  Only a few weeks until finals.” I said, feeling nervous.  “I hate finals.”

            Jonghyun laughed.  “Who doesn’t?” he said.  “I just can’t wait to go home.”

            I suddenly remembered what my mom told me.  “Oh, yeah!  You’re from Busan.” I said.  “But, you’re not talking in the Busan accent.”

            Jonghyun nodded his head.  “Before I came to school here, I spent the whole winter break practicing my Korean without the Busan accent…  So, that’s why people tend to forget.” he said.

            Although I was sad to hear about what Jonghyun had to do before coming here, it was only reasonable.  City folk tend to make fun of any form of country accent, so it was for the best. 

            “Can I hear your Busan accent?” I asked.

            Surprised, Jonghyun stumbled over his words and he blushed.  I just flashed a smile.  “It’s OK.  Maybe another time.”  He gave me a nod.

            I noticed someone walking towards Jonghyun and I.  I looked up and it was Lu Han.  He smiled, as he approached me and gave me a soft pat on the arm.  “We should go home.  It’s going to be 11 and we have class tomorrow.”

            “OK.  I’m tired anyways.” I agreed, nodding my head.

            We bid goodbye to Jonghyun and everyone.  Then, headed towards the dressing room together. 

            “Now, now kids.  Don’t go and have too much fun in there.” teased Kibum.  He said it so loud that it grabbed the attention of all the others.

            Lu Han laughed.  “It’s really not what you think.” he clarified.  “We’re just grabbing Mia’s things and then we’re out of here.”    

            I quickly hit Kibum on the shoulder.  “Yah!  You’re the one that has been causing me so much trouble lately!” I said.

            Kibum just laughed.  “Oh, yeah?  Like what?” he asked.

            I just rolled my eyes.  Kibum is usually nice, but was getting on my nerves tonight.  I quickly turned towards my dressing room and Lu Han followed me, when I felt someone grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

            “Wait.” Kibum said, softly as he turned me around.  He swallowed hard and, then, hesitated to say something.  Before I could ask him what he wanted to say, I heard, “Will you go out on a date with me?”

            What?  He wants to go out on a date with me?, I thought, as I looked over Kibum’s face.

            He’s a cute guy with a gummy smile that is contagious.  He’s 174 cm tall, which I don’t mind since I’m so short. He’s quite skinny, similar to Lu Han.  He can be a tease sometimes, but he’s nice and makes me laugh.  But, I’ve never actually considered going out with him before.  Regardless, I do like him in some way or form.  It seemed like there could be something there.

            “Sure.” I replied.

            “What?” asked Kibum, dumbfounded.

            “Sure.  I’ll go out on a date with you.” I repeated.

            Kibum looked at me and then at Lu Han, for some reason.  Then, he looked back at me.  He let out a joyous laugh.  “Oh, Mia!” he said, taking my hands in his.  “Thank you!” 

            Kibum gave me a quick, tight hug.  He pulled away abruptly.  “Is it OK if we talk more about this tomorrow?” he asked, with his eyes shining.

            I laughed.  “Sure.” I said.

            After that little episode, Lu Han and I finally headed home.  But, he was being annoying.  He was laughing loudly and we even had to stop so then he could catch his breath.  “Oh, wow.” said Lu Han, as he wiped his tears from the laughing.  “I can’t believe that Kibum asked you out on a date…  That is just amazing.”

            I glared at him and threw him a punch.  “What?  I’m not the type that can date or what?” I asked.

            “No, no…” said Lu Han, calming down.  “It’s just…  Why you?  Of all the other girls in school, why you?”

            All the sudden I thought about how Jaekyung had personally invited me to go audition for that role.  A wave of uncertainty washed over me and then I felt scared.  I grabbed Lu Han’s hand to help me shake off my creeping fears as my mind replayed the things that Jaekyung said to me.  It was futile.  Lu Han’s warmth did little to counterattack my engulfing emotions.

            “I don’t know.” I said, with a weak voice.  I looked over at Lu Han. 

            From his facial expression, I could tell he was questioning me.  He doesn’t know that my mind has wondered off the topic about my date to something else that could either make me a star or leave me doubting myself and my skills.  I haven’t told him about what Jaekyung said yet.  I didn’t want to because I was scared to.  And, I wasn’t ready to tell him yet that night. 

            “Whatever happened to that little boy?  What was his name?  Something-hun?” asked Lu Han, not being able to read me like an open book.

            I smiled.  “It’s too bad.  He’s a middle schooler.” I said.  “I still have to wait at least another 4 years until he’s legal.”

            Lu Han laughed.  “You can date him, but just don’t have with him.” he commented.  “You can go to jail for having with a minor, even if there was consent.”

            I scoffed. “Are you serious?” I asked and hit him again.

            “What?!” asked Lu Han, as he brought up his hands to defend himself.  “You totally wanted him in your pants the other day!  Come on, Mia!  I know when women are oozing lust!”

            I just rolled my eyes.  Lu Han and his experiences…, I thought as I shook my head.  This baby face must have been with millions.

 

Author’s Note:

            I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter!  It was short, but hopefully good.  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho