Chapter 51

99% Males 1% Females

            The beating of my heart was so loud that I could hear it in my ears as Lu Han pulled away.  He was wearing that angelic smile of his, as he looked into my eyes to my forehead.  I could feel the frosting from his lips on my forehead.  Just as I was about to wipe it off, Lu Han   quickly it.  I flashed him a disgusted face as he tasted the flavor of makeup, sweat, and frosting from my forehead all at once.  Lu Han gave me a weak smile by the time he swallowed the frosting down. 

            I let out a laugh.  “You’re so stupid, Lu Han!” I said.  I gave him a shove on the shoulder.

            He just laughed with me, as he ate another piece of cake.  With that, he accidently smeared some frosting on his cheek.  I shook my head. 

            “Don’t be such a messy eater!” I said, as I placed my hands on his soft face.  He was such a kid and I couldn’t help it but smile.

            Oh my God…  Seriously, his skin is just like a baby’s , I thought.  I pulled his face towards him and wiped off the frosting.

            Lu Han was in a giggling fit.  “Mia...” he started, as he placed his hand on my forearm.  I could feel the sticky frosting from his hands.  “I haven’t seen you smile in a while.”

            “U-Umm…  Excuse me.” said a meek waiter.  We turned to look at him.  “Is it alright if I clean this up?”

            I was about to reply when Lu Han in.  “No.” he stated, sternly.

            I rolled my eyes.  “Just throw it away!” I said.  “Who is going to eat it off the ground besides you?”

            “Well, it’s my birthday cake!” replied Lu Han.

            “I’ll make another one for you, Lu Han.” I said.

            “NO!!” stated Lu Han, as he grabbed a piece of cake.  He was about to say something when someone interrupted.

            “What are you guys doing?” voiced Uncle Ching.

            We both looked up at him.  He was wearing a confused face.  Meanwhile the waiter was looking around uncomfortably, not knowing what to do with the situation.  I quickly stood up, but our hands were still intertwined with each others.  I tried to let go, but Lu Han’s grip was hard to shake off. 

            “Yah!” I said.  “Let go!!”

            His grip was got tighter as I kept on trying to shake it off.  He got off of the ground and continued to hold my hand.  Lu Han ate the piece of cake in his hand in a messy manner.  I looked at him disgusted and quickly glanced to his dad.  Uncle Ching had an unreadable expression on his face as he looked back and forth between Lu Han and I.

            Do we really look like we’re together?, I thought.  Suddenly, I didn’t want to let go of Lu Han’s hands.  I know that I will probably never get a chance to be with him like this if I wasn’t his friend.  But, I thought about Seohyun…

            We told the waiter to help us clean the mess we made. The whole time when I was trying to help out, Lu Han was hold my hand and completely limiting me on how much I could help the waiter.  When Lu Han was busy explaining to his dad about what he was doing and why, I quickly slipped my hand out of his. 

            “The cake dropped and-” 

            He abruptly stopped halfway in his sentence to turn to me. Lu Han was upset and I avoided his gaze to Uncle Ching.  He was wearing an unreadable face as well.  But, it seemed like he was surprised by what I did and blinked, being confused.  I quickly stepped away, not wanting to be in the situation any more.  I turned around and headed towards the reserved room.

 

 

            “Hey.” said a soft, warm, husky voice.

            I took in a deep breath.  “How do I keep myself distant from Lu Han?” I asked.

            “What do you mean?”

            “You know, how do I avoid him?” I asked.

            I could literally hear Jonghyun shrug his shoulders.  “I don’t know.” he said.  “What are you doing?  Aren’t you guys in Seoul?”

            “Well, yeah…  But, I can’t keep on ignoring Lu Han.” I said.  “It hurts to see him be upset.”

            Over the last few weeks, Jonghyun and I have become extremely close…  Although I didn’t like it, I would always run into him when I was usually sad.  Eunsung and Minyu would pester me about it, but I couldn’t say anything to them.  I didn’t want to talk to anyone.  Whenever I meet Jonghyun, I would lie and then feel bad about doing so.  And…  He would always worry.  Jonghyun believed me the first time when I told him that I was the way I was because of school work, but it seemed like he eventually pieced everything together.

            He knew that I was lying…  So, that was when I decided to tell him everything about Lu Han.  About how the guy is the greatest friend I could ever have and how my feelings of him just gradually built up.  Then about when I realized how I felt, it was too late…  I had already fallen head over heels for Lu Han.

            “You can’t really.” stated Jonghyun.  “He lives with you after all.  You two have to see each other at some point.  Not only that, but he doesn’t know how you feel about him...”

            I swallowed hard.  I will never tell Lu Han about how I feel, I thought. 

            “I’m not telling you to tell him.” stated Jonghyun.  “I don’t think that he would know anyways…  He’s a bit narrow minded at times.”

            “W-Well, not today!” I said, as I took in a breath.  “He’s been one step behind me this whole day…  Lu Han knows that something is up…”

            “I think-” started Jonghyun when I heard a knock on the door. 

            “I have to go.” I quickly said.  “The devil is probably here.”

            Jonghyun laughed.  “If he’s the devil, then I am your angel.” he commented.

            I smiled.  “Of course, Angel Jonghyun.” I said.  “Thank you for lending me your ear.”

            I could hear him smile on the other end.  “Of course, Human Mia.” he said.  “Good bye.”

            “Bye.” I said, as I rolled over the plushy, hotel bed to the foot of it.  I turned my phone off and headed towards the door.

            Since it was too late to go back home, my parents decided that it was for the best for us to stay in Seoul for the night.  I know that Lu Han wanted to spend more time with his dad, but he had to be in London soon.  So, Uncle Ching went back to Beijing to prepare for his meeting.  Lu Han went to drop him off at the Incheon Airport, so that’s why I was talking to Jonghyun about my problems with him.

            As much as I didn’t want to open the door because I know that it would be Lu Han.  He as to have something to say about what I did earlier.  He was clearly upset after Uncle Ching and him came back into the reserved room.  Lu Han’s face was gloomy and dark.  He tried to shrug it off, but it was obvious that something was bugging him.

            I swung the door open.  I just stood there dumbfounded.

            “Hi!” smiled the cute, room server.  He wheeled a table of food into my room before I could even reply.  “Steaks for two!”

            Before I could open my mouth to say anything, I heard Lu Han.  “Thanks!” he said, as he came into my room.

            I glared at him as the room server went out and closed the door behind him.  Regardless of my death glare, Lu Han continued to smile.  I felt my face burn, as I turned away from him.  Lu Han had just freshly gotten out of the shower.  His hair was still wet and there were beads of water on his shoulders.  I felt Lu Han walk passed me to the table and inhaled the food that room service brought him.

            He looked up at me with a cheesy smile.  “I hope you like this!” he said, excitedly.  “You didn’t eat much so you must be hungry by now.”

            I looked over to the clock on the bedside.  It was already midnight.  Well, yeah, I’m hungry…  But, I’m not up groaning about it!, I thought.

            Before I could answer, Lu Han quickly held up his knife and got a huge piece of steak for himself.  He ate it and smiled, happily.  That darn carnivore, I thought, as a smile crossed over my lips.  Lu Han can be such a dork at times.

            He laughed as he walked over to me.  He continued to eat as he did so and it almost took my breath away.  Lu Han was so cute being like that.  Not only that, but he was wearing a white tank top that hugged his lean body nicely with a pair of black shorts…  I felt myself blush again.

            I didn’t know that Lu Han had such y collarbones and Adam’s apple…, I thought, speechless.  I couldn’t keep my eyes off of his collarbones and Adam’s apple.  An urge to kiss those aspects of him washed over me as he approached me.

            Lu Han continued to smile as he shoved his piece of steak onto my lips.  I opened my lips and he fed me the meat.  I chewed it slowly, enjoying the taste of Korean beef in my mouth.  “Do you like it?” asked Lu Han, childishly.

            I nodded my head.  I watched him as he let out a breath of relief.  “I’m so glad.” he said. 

            Lu Han quickly cut another piece and fed me again.  “Yah,” I said, rolling my eyes.  “I can feed myself.”  I took the fork and knife from his hands.

            Surprisingly, he didn’t complain.  He would usually have something to say when I try to be in control.  I looked up at him as I cut the piece of steak.  He had a look on his face.

            “What?” I asked.

            Lu Han shook his head.  “Nothing.” he replied.  “I’m just glad that you’re eating.”  He placed his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes with a smile on his lips.  “I was so worried that something was wrong…”

            I listened silently as I chewed on the steak.  “As much as I want to deny it…  Something is wrong.” I heard he said as I swallowed hard on the food.

            I felt Lu Han lift his head and turned to me.  I couldn’t face him, as I quickly dropped the utensils in my hand on the table.  I was about to turn away when I felt Lu Han’s hands on my face.  He pulled me towards him, to face him.  He was no longer wearing his smile and emotions clouded his eyes.  They were no longer bright and shiny like they were always.

            “Mia, what is wrong?” asked Lu Han.  “Did something happen?  Why are you always so sad?  Why are you always so distant, Mia?”

            A ball of emotions got caught in my throat as I was about to lie.  I couldn’t say anything at all.  I cleared my throat as I pulled Lu Han’s hands off of my face.  “It’s because I’m nothing to you.” I heard myself say.  “It’s because you’re not there anymore, like the promise you made!”

            I couldn’t believe what I was saying, but I couldn’t help myself…  I literally had verbal diarrhea.  Regardless, I loved the expression on Lu Han’s face.  He was gaping at what I had to say because he knew that it was true.  “What the hell?!  If you made me a promise that you’ll always be there, then to hell with it!!!  Be there when I need you!!” I yelled, getting mad.  I looked at Lu Han directly in his eyes.  He darted his eyes away quickly.  He must had been ashamed.  “Where the hell were you when I need you!!?  When I couldn’t understand my dance instructor’s dance moves, or when I needed help with my thesis and you were out with your girlfriend!!!  What the hell?!

            I was breathing so hard, as I continued.  “What am I to you?” I added, softer.  I calmed down after I got my frustration out.  “Am I just some girl that is readily accessible to you?  Is that why you treat me like I don’t exist when I’m with you and your girlfriend as well?  Because I know that you only know how to be a boyfriend, not be a friend to a girl…”

            I ended my rant softly, knowing that I had already released all my anger and frustration regarding how Lu Han had treated me when I was with Seohyun and him.  All I need to do now is tell him how I feel, I thought.  My stomach started to flip around.  No…  Never will I ever tell him.
            I heard Lu Han let out a breath.  I watched him as he avoided my eyes.  “I’m sorry.” he whispered.  He turned to me with a sad face.  “I’m sorry that I’ve been treating you the way I have…  I didn’t know that you felt that way…  I’m sorry.”

            I blinked.  You are forgiven, I thought as simple as that.  I couldn’t bear staring at his cute, pouty, sad face.  I can never hold a grudge on you because I like you too much.

            Lu Han suddenly grabbed my hand.  “I didn’t even realize how much time I’ve been spending with Seohyun.” he said.  “Why don’t we go shopping tomorrow?  My treat~!”

            No!, I thought.  I don’t want to fall even more in love with you…  I want to avoid you, but I was just releasing my emotions from that stupid night, you DUM DUM POP!

            “Well?” asked Lu Han, as he blinked his big deer-like eyes in front of me with a big smile.  He had pulled me out of my own little world.

            I shook my head.  His smile turned into a frown.  “Why?  You’re not still mad at me are you?”  I didn’t bother to reply.  Lu Han smiled again.  “Why don’t we go watch a movie on Sunday?  Or, play with Misty?  Or…  Just simply catch up?”

            Oh, God…  Lu Han is now going to be so annoying!!  He’s not going to stop pestering me to make me spend time with him!, I thought.  Where the hell is Jonghyun when I need him?!!

            I swallowed hard.  “W-Why don’t we just catch up?” I replied, meekly.  “Tomorrow.  Let’s do that tomorrow.  I’m tired.”

            Lu Han opened his mouth to say something.  “Don’t sleep with me!” I interrupted.  “I want the bed to myself!”

            Lu Han pouted, cutely.  “I wasn’t even going to say that!” he defended.  “I was going to say, ‘Sure!’  Geesh, woman!”

            I rolled my eyes.  “Don’t try to play around with me!” I said.  “I’ve known you for a long enough time to know what you’re thinking!”

            Lu Han laughed, as he stood up.  “OK, OK.” he replied.  “You caught me!  But!  We need to hang out tomorrow!”

            Not wanting Lu Han to become an annoying little brat, I replied, “Yeah, sure!”

             He smiled and fist pumped into the air.  “Yay!!” he screamed.

            I rolled my eyes as I showed him the door.  A smile threatened to creep up on my face as I did so.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day, I thought.

 

Author’s Note:

            I hope that you guys like it!  ^^

            I feel like this chapter is very simple, but…  Mia and Lu Han are going to hang out again!!  Yay!!

And!!  Jonghyun has a bigger role now!  HE FINALLY HAS A BIGGER ROLE!!  Sorry for the delay!  :(

LOVE,

loveFORyunho