Chapter 67

99% Males 1% Females

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ayN39xmsI&feature=related

 

            Lu Han ran down the halls as he could hear his heartbeat thumping in his ear.  Mia had finally called him and she was crying in the strangest way…  He had never heard a human being cried like that before and he knew it all too well that she was in danger.  He came to a sudden stop as he found the room.  He swallowed hard when he realized that the door was partially left open.  Lu Han stepped into the room slowly as he listened for movements in the room.

            It was completely dead silent and that threw him off.  He saw Mia’s bags and coat at the couch.  He took in a shaky breath as turned to the bed when he heard a whimper.  To Lu Han’s horror, the bed sheets were covered with huge stains of drying blood.  Mia’s underwear and stocking could be found at the foot of the bed.  He blinked when he realized that Mia had curled up into a ball by the bed, under the lamp.

            A lump got caught in Lu Han’s throat as he looked down at the sight of his girlfriend.  Her dress was pulled well over her pale thighs as she cried.  She was crying with a buried face into her bloodstained knees.  He tried to swallow down the irritating lump, but couldn’t.

            “Mia.” he croaked.

            At the sound of his voice, she quickly brought up her head to look up into his eyes.  Her tears had only made her eyes shinier than usual, which only made her more loveable.  “Lu Han.” said her raspy voice.  He got on his knees and quickly pulled her into a hug as she let out a screaming cry into his chest.  “Lu Han, I’m so sorry…  Lu Han, I’m so sorry….”

            “Sssssshhhh.  Don’t cry…” he said, with a shaky voice.  He let out a soft cry into her hair as tears blinded his vision.  “It’s OK, Mia.  It’s not your fault.”  She continued to cry loudly, as she clawed the back of his coat. 

            Lu Han tried to take in a deep breath to calm his breaking heart, but he couldn’t.  Instead, he let out another cry for his Mia.

 

 

            The police quickly came to the scene.  They quickly evaluated the situation and took any specimen/evidence that was left around.  Lu Han was disgusted when they found a blood covered in the trash bin by the bed.  He felt sick to his stomach that anyone could bring themselves to take advantage of women like this…  But, most of all, he was mad at himself for letting Mia go see Jonghyun alone.

            I should have known, he thought, unable to forgive himself.  That guy had always been some kind of creep…  I should have seen this coming especially when Mia told me that he had feelings for her as I had suspected.

            Lu Han glanced down at her.  She had fallen asleep as soon as the police interview was done.  They were kind enough to let her sleep in one of the cots that they had in the back.  He was too shaken up to drive them back home…  Or to call her family and tell her what had happened. 

            What could Lu Han possibly say to break the news to the Chung family?  ‘I’m sorry that I couldn’t protect your daughter.  She was by Lee Jonghyun, who was a close student and family friend?’  He took in a deep breath.  It would be impossible for him to ever say those words to the Chung family…

            “Hey, son.” called out a police officer.  Lu Han looked up, from his protective gaze over the sleeping Mia.  “Is this the guy?”  He held up a mug shot of a distressed Lee Jonghyun.  His face was completely covered in sweat and his hair was wet.

            Lu Han quickly stood up and observed the picture closely.  “Another police station said that the guy turned himself in about 10 minutes ago.” explained another officer.

            He could hear himself in a sharp breath.  “Can I see him?” he heard his inner self ask.

            “Why?” asked another officer.

            Lu Han let out a frustrated cry.  “How could you possible ask that?” he asked, as calmly as possible.  He was in front of an authoritative figure and he didn’t want to get into any trouble with him.  “My girlfriend just got by this man that claimed to be her friend.”

            “Just let the boy go.” said the Chief as he walked passed by. 

            “Yes, Chief!” said the two officers.

 

 

            Lu Han blinked slowly as he sat in front of Jonghyun.  They were in one of those rooms where that the police officers used to question suspects with the huge black windows.  Neither of the two looked more handsome with the other.  Lu Han looked like a walking zombie with his dark circles and pale face.  Meanwhile Jonghyun looked like he’s aged 10 years with his stress now that he was dealing the with the authorities.

            Lu Han took in a breath as he looked into the man that -his-girlfriend’s eyes.  “Why?” he asked.

            Jonghyun dared to smirk.  “What?” he asked, with a cocky voice.  “Mia’s ity isn’t your’s anymore?”

            Lu Han had thought that he was going to have self control, but he lost it.  He quickly balled up his fist and threw a punch across the guy’s face.  Jonghyun was being a complete to say things like that about Mia.  As soon as he fell on the ground, Lu Han got on top of him and started to throw punches as hard as possible into his face.

            “You think that I’m mad that you took her ity?!!  I could care less about that!!!” he screamed into Jonghyun’s face.  He held the man’s bleeding face up to the light by his collar.  “Why did you her, you bastard?!!  WHY?!!!  Was it because of me?!  Is it because I am her boyfriend, you face?!”

            Before Lu Han could react, Jonghyun threw him off of him.  He quickly punched Lu Han’s face.  “Shut up, you ing rich boy!!  If I didn’t care about Mia, then I wouldn’t be here.  Don’t you think that I know how to feel guilty?!” replied Jonghyun, as the police came and intervened them. 

            4 officers came into the room.  One pair dragged Jonghyun away and the other pinned Lu Han against the wall.  Jonghyun continued to yell, “And, of course it’s because of you!  You have everythingEverything!!!  And, you won’t let me have Mia!  You deserved it, you ball-less !!  I deserve to have Mia’s ity as my prize!!”

             After Jonghyun’s voice couldn’t be heard any more, the 2 officers let go of Lu Han.  He stood there, as he lightly touched his busing face.  “Now that’s some crazy love triangle I didn’t even know my girlfriend and I were involved in.” he commented, as he wiped the blood on the corner of his mouth away.

            Lu Han quickly motioned to exit the room and the police officers followed closely behind him.  They were the ones that brought him to that police station and took him back.  Mia was still asleep when they came back.  Lu Han knew well that they wouldn’t be able to stay at the police station all night.  He let out a long sigh, unsure if he should wake her up.  In the end, he decided to.  He shook her shoulder gently, afraid that she would break under his touch.

            “Mia.” called out Lu Han, softly.  “Wake up.”

            She opened her eyes softly.  At first, she was disoriented and forgot where she was so she started to panic…  But, then, she laid eyes on Lu Han and calmed down.  Silently, she reached out and touched the bruise from Jonghyun’s punch on Lu Han’s face.  Mia blinked slowly as her eyes started to tear.

            “I’m sorry…” she whispered, as she pulled her hand away.

            Lu Han felt his lips tremor as he wanted to cry.  He swallowed hard, trying to get rid of the tears.  He opened his mouth, but knows that once he tries to say something then he’ll start to cry again.  Lu Han let out a breath as his eyes watered.

            “It’s not your fault.” he breathed, with a shaky voice.  He quickly tried to blink away the tears, but it was too late.  Just as his hand came up to wipe the tears away, Mia quickly did so for him.

 

 

            Lu Han woke up to the feeling of Mia lightly tracing the bruise on his face.  The deep bruise no longer hurt any more, but it was still there.  It was finally slowly starting to fade away as time continued on.  He watched Mia closely as she observed it closely.

            Every single one of her touch has been sending electrifying shocks throughout Lu Han’s body for the past 2 weeks ever since her incidence.  He had only wanted her even more after the incident.  He could care less that she was no longer a or that her first time wasn’t with him… 

            All Lu Han cared about was the fact that he love Mia and it will always be that way.

            He quickly propped himself on his elbows.  He looked into Mia’s eyes as she looked into his eyes from the bruise.  It has been 2 weeks since the incident…  2 weeks since Mia has been Mia…  2 and many more weeks of therapy for the Mia he knows now.  The Chung family was devastated to find out about what had happened to her.  They know that she will never be the same, but hoped that she may continue to be as they frantically searched for a therapist right away.  Jonghyun had been charged with ual assault and a restraining order was placed on him.  To the Chung family and Lu Han’s surprise, he accepted it without making any commotion. 

            Mason no longer teases the couple as much anymore.  He actually suggested that Lu Han and Mia should sleep together even though he was against it before…  And, he was the one that set up the Chung’s home security system.  Lu Han could tell that Mason was worried that another attack might happen again because he didn’t want to lose his sister.  The brother had even suggested to Lu Han that they get married as soon as summer rolled in, but he objected.  He said that he didn’t want to rush Mia into a marriage, even if he did want it.  He wanted her to have her free time without any vows yet.

            Lu Han took in a breath of fresh air as he leaned into Mia.  She has been anxious about kissing or being touched at all.  He hoped that she would let him kiss her as his lips touched hers.  Mia responded eagerly to Lu Han’s surprise.  Wanting to touch her, he lay back down on the bed and pulled her closer to him as they continued to kiss softly.  Her lips were so sweet that Lu Han became intoxicated in seconds.

            It has been such so many months since we’ve last kissed…, he thought.  And, it’s just as addicting and lovely as ever…

            Mia slowly pulled away from the kiss and looked into Lu Han’s eyes as she brushed her nose against his.  A small smile crossed her lips and he did the same.

            “Thank you for being the sweet, gentle, patient, and loving person you are…” she said, softly.  She, then, hugged him.  She buried her face into his neck.  “I love you, Lu Han.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            I think that Christina Perri’s “A Thousand Years” explain Lu Han’s emotions, regarding this chapter. 

            There isn’t much for me to say about this chapter at all.  Everything is pretty self explanatory…  And, it makes me feel really warm and giddy that Lu Han cried.  I wanted to make him cry and this is the best scenario for him to cry in.

            I decided that it’s a good thing for me to be able to instantly connect to my readers, so I had decided to make a chat room for us!  ^^  I will be on after I update, so I hope to talk to you all soon.  But, that doesn’t mean I still wouldn’t want you all to comment.  LOL  Here's the link: http://loveforfanficsaff.chatango.com/

LOVE,

loveFORyunho