Chapter 3

99% Males 1% Females

Remember: red = Chinese, blue = English, and black = Korean

***************************************************************************

            Lu Han was extremely tired.  He did wanted to sleep, but didn’t want to get crabby later when the Chung family wakes him up.  That would not be a pretty sight.  They got home about 4 hours later. 

            Lu Han observed the small town that he will be living in for the rest of the year.  From how nice most of the houses and buildings were, he could tell that most of the folks that live here must be at least in the upper middle class.  It was too nice and clean for just any middle class family or the lower class.  However, it’s not like he really cares.  His dad owns a chain of oil refineries around the world and many more businesses in China.  They always get the best of the best. 

            It’s just that Lu Han knows that it will be hard for him to get used to living the life of a regular person.  He’s used to being pampered by the maids and butlers at his dad’s mansion.  He has to learn how to do things himself now.  Knowing how simple the Chung family is, he will probably learn how to wash his own clothes.

            Lu Han grunted, out of disgust.  He turned to his side to observe the little kid that his dad claims that is his age.  She was asleep, slumped against the window.  Now, that’s going to hurt her neck later, he thought.

            She looks older than him, like as if she could pass as a 21 year old.  But, she acts like a little kid who only knows how to babble a few words of Mandarin, which Lu Han found annoying.  How can she not know how to speak or understand Mandarin?  Doesn’t her family speak to her?  I can’t believe that they would lose touch of their ancestral culture, he thought.

            All the sudden Lu Han thought about Heawoo.  A shiver sent down his spine.  Damn, she scares the heck out of me.  Do Korean men like their women like this?  I thought that they like them sweet, cute, and delicate!

            Lu Han frowned.  Since Heawoo is the little Kid’s friend, he will probably meet her again.  Screw Korea.

 

 

            They came home and ate dinner, to which Lu Han thought was great.  Then, they quickly showed him around the house.  It’s a nice, cozy, yet modern styled home.  There’s 5 rooms: 1 for the at home gym, Uncle Chung’s at home office, the kid’s rooms, and the Uncle and Aunt Chung’s master room.   But, he didn’t care.  All he wanted was to get to the room he was going to be staying in. 

            As soon as he placed the bags on the ground, he walked over to the bed and laid on it.  He heard a soft meow and he opened his eyes.  There was a cat sitting at the edge of his bed.  Lu Han scoffed and smiled.  He loves animals.  He petted the feline and then lay on his back.

            Lu Han looked around the room.  It was clean, but he doesn’t like it.  The style of the room was horrible to him.   There wasn’t enough closet space and then the bed was a twin sized bed.  He wants his king size bed back.  Not to mention how small the room is.  His room was probably 2 rooms combined.  What really ticked him off was that: HE HAS TO SHARE THE BATHROOM WITH THAT LITTLE KID. 

            The 2 separate bedrooms (Mason’s and Mia’s) were conjoined by a bathroom.  So when ever any of the two needed to use the restroom, they had to lock the door to the other room.   Lu Han rolled his eyes.  Damn, I need to use the restroom too, he thought.  He quickly did so and was glad that the bathroom was clean.

            “Still…  It feels as if I’m sharing the room with her.  If she wanted to, she can barge in here in the middle of the night and I wouldn’t even know it.” he whispered, as he closed the bathroom.  Then, he scoffed.  “I could do the same for her.  That is only if the door can lock on the other side…  Is there even such a thing such as a door knob with locks on both sides?”

            Lu Han rolled his eyes again, as he grabbed his phone.  He quickly dialed his dad’s number, as he opened the closet to look at the space. 

            “Hello?  Lu Han, are you OK?”

            “Dad, I don’t want to stay here.” whispered Lu Han, into his phone.

            “Why?  How can you possibly deny Uncle Chung’s hospitality?”

            “What the hell are you ing talking about, Dad?!  You know why you forced me to come here!!  If you wanted to send me away, to a place that no one knew me, why didn’t you just send me to America?!  Why couldn’t I just go to Harvard?!” replied Lu Han, raising his voice a little bit.

            “I sent you there so you can learn fluent Korean and try to start a new life!”

            “You don’t understand, Dad.  I don’t need to start a new life.  I don’t care what the Chinese media will say about me about what happened!  And! I don’t need to learn fluent Korean here.  We can get a tutor!  Besides!  I already know conversational Korean, isn’t that enough?”

            “Lu Han, after all that mess that I went through to completely erase what happened, you should be grateful.” said Mr. Ching.  “Son, you will be the next President of Ching Refinery and Distributions, which is one of the oldest oil refinery companies in China.  If the investigation went public, our workers and the people here will never truly respect you the way you should be.”

            “I hate this place, Dad.” continued Lu Han in English.  “I hate the people here.  I hate the room I’m going to be living in for the rest of the year.  I hate how this darn closet is so ing small!  Does the older brother not wear any clothes at all?!  I hate how small this stupid town is.  I hate how I’m going to be sharing a bathroom with that stupid girl!  I just hate everything here!”

            “Why are you saying that?  You haven’t even been there for 24 hours.  Just give it some time.” said Mr. Ching.  “Besides, the reason why I didn’t send you to America is because I know that Uncle Chung will keep you grounded and I wanted to keep you close.  So, if anything happens, I will be able to be there right away.  Don’t worry.  You will be out of trouble and learn well from him.  He’s one of the best business professors that I know.”

            “Ugh…  I’ll talk to you another time then.” said Lu Han, still frustrated.

            “Good bye s-” started Mr. Ching, before Lu Han turned off the phone.

            He turned around to get his suitcase and unpack a bit before he went to sleep.  But, there stood Mia by the bathroom door.  He opened his mouth to say something.

            “Before you say anything,” started Mia, with a hiss.  “I’m not surprised that you’re not as innocent and respectful as you portray yourself to be.  It’s nice to know that you hate my family and I so much-” 

            “You can understand Mandarin?” asked Lu Han, surprised.  He thought that she didn’t know any at all.

            “I’m still talking!” replied Mia, mad.  “ Oh, and not to mention that you have a major secret that could possibly ruin your career.  Also, I didn’t just barge in here.  You were quite loud that’s why I came in here.  If you’re going to talk trash about this household again, you either do it quietly or out there.”  Mia pointed out the window, took her cat with her, and walked out of the room, closing the bathroom door behind her.

            Lu Han went to the window.  It was full moon.  As beautiful as it was, it was distasteful to him.  He glared at it out of frustration and his situation.  A child like you will never understand what happened to me, thought Lu Han.

 

 

            Lu Han woke up at 11 in the afternoon.  He was super tired.  He went to the bathroom and fixed his bed head before he headed downstairs.  Someone must have been cooking because his mouth started to water. 

            As he headed over to the kitchen, he could hear music playing.  “Shubi duba bababa~  I’m getting roses from you.” someone was singing.  “I’m getting confessions from you.  My heart is sha la la la…  I’m singing only for you in this night sky~”

            Lu Han’s jaw dropped when he reached it.  It was Mia singing…  And, dancing, with her back turned towards him.  He just stared at her.  What kind of nightmare is this?, he thoughtThen, he realized that she was cooking at the same time.  What in the world?  Isn’t it dangerous to do this and cook at the same time?

            For Lu Han’s entertainment, he decided to wait until the song ended to let her know that he was there.  When the song ended, he just smiled evilly.  “What are you doing?” he asked and startled her.  She nearly jumped through the roof which made Lu Han wanted to laugh.

            He watched her turned around.  “Cooking, for you.” she replied.

            “What?” questioned Lu Han, raising an eyebrow.  “Really?” 

            He approached her and she just stares him down.  Mia rolls her eyes, as she turns back to the skillet.  She was making some kung pao chicken and wonton soup.

            “You don’t need to eat it if you don’t want to.” shrugged Mia. 

            Lu Han hesitated to say, “I’m hungry.”

            Mia looked up at him and smiled.  “Exactly.” she said.  “You can help me make some tea.  Put some water in the boiler.”

            “What?  I don’t know what you’re trying to tell me.” respond Lu Han.

            “You can help me make some tea.  Put some water in the boiler.” repeated Mia.

            Understanding, Lu Han did as she said.  After the table was set up and the tea was done, the two ate lunch.  Lu Han eyed Mia closely, wondering if she was still mad at him.

            “What?” she asked, as she looked up at him.

            Lu Han shook his head and began to eat.  They were eating in silence until Lu Han finally asked, “Are you still mad at me?”

            Mia shook her head.  “It’s reasonable that you’re mad.  You’re in a foreign country.  You don’t know anyone and only know the basic language.  You came here, obviously by force, and I’m sorry about that.” she said.  “I would have reacted the same way.

            Lu Han swallowed hard.  She seems to be mature when she needs to be, he thought.

            “By the way, you’re English is really good.  Did you study abroad?”

            “Yeah, I did.  I was in New York with a host family for 2 years during high school.

            “And, basic Korean?”

            “A tutor.”

            “If you haven’t realized, you’re supposed to be my Mandarin tutor and I’m your Korean tutor.”

            “Yeah.”

            “We’re supposed to start today.”

 

Author’s Note:

 

            I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter!  ^^  It seems like it’s getting better, huh? 

            Wonder what Lu Han’s secret is.  ;)

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

 

P.S.

I know Lu Han’s ideal woman now…  ^^