Chapter 72

99% Males 1% Females

            After much denial and accusations, the press stopped asking about Lu Han and my relationship.  Regardless of the scandal, the movie held first place at the box office for at least a month and a half in China, Thailand, Japan, and Korea.  Then, it continued to be on the top 10 list.  HJ Production decided that the main cast should do an Asia Tour due to the popularity we were gaining after the movie promotions were done.  The group didn’t mind and neither did I, but I didn’t like the fact that I was going to be away from home again.

              Lu Han was in China now with a new project for his usual internships with Uncle Ching’s company.  And, there I was, packing my things.  We were going back to Japan again for the concert.  This time, we were going to spend a week there and go on a Japan Tour as a part of our Asia Tour.  Then, we’ll go to Thailand for a few days for 2 concerts there.  Since we weren’t able to do many Thai activities, we will probably be doing more of that to promote the concert and the OST album. 

            More than likely, we will be in Thailand for a while.  Then, we will head over to China.  Since China is so big, we will be there for 2 months or so, going on different variety shows from different provinces to promote our activities and then have a concert.  At the end, we will go back to Korea and have a tour as well. 

            There was a knock at my bathroom door and I looked up.  Mason was standing there with a smile.  I smiled back to him.  He walked into my room and sat down next to be on the ground.  He patted my head, like the protective older brother he was.

            “Even though you’re famous now, you’re still my little sister.” he said.

            I laughed.  “Well, duh!!” I replied back.

            Mason pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back tightly.  I missed him so much while I was traveling.  “I missed you so much.” I said.

            “Yeah, I can tell from all the souvenirs you bought me.” he laughed into my ear.  “And, Lu Han.”

            I laughed as I pulled away from the hug.  “What about him?”

            “Your career is booming now.  After this year, you only have one year of college left and will graduate.  All you need to do is get engaged and get married.” he said.

            I laughed again and shook my head.  “Lu Han and I can’t even go out in public.” I said.  “I couldn’t even imagine us getting married…  Netizens would go crazy.”

            Mason rolled his eyes.  “You know, you won’t be in the spotlight for that long.  So, it’s fine if you tell them the truth.” he commented.  “Besides, Lu Han’s rolling in dough, so he’ll be able to financial support luxuriously for the rest of your life.”

            I hit him in the shoulder.  “What kind of person do you think I am?!” I said.  “I’m no gold digger!!”

            Mason laughed, as he tried to block himself.  “I wasn’t saying that you’re a gold digger!  I was saying that you hit JACKPOT!” he explained.

            “Yah!  Who cares about that!” I yelled.

            Mason shrugs.  “You’re in good hands.” he said.

            I just smiled.  “I know.” I said, zoning out as my mind thought back to Lu Han.

            “It’ll be in no time when you two can be together again.  Don’t worry.” I heard Mason said.  “Besides, your friends from school are protecting you and Lu Han from the public…  It’s really nice of them to make the student forum private…”

            I nodded.  The student population of BYU had been really sweet.  When the scandal broke out, Eunsung and Minyu quickly requested the admin to make the public student form turn into a private, student-access only forum.  Then, the pair requested no one to take personal blog posts about me on any other sites.

            Lu Han and I were so touched by what they had done for me.  So, I decided that the cast and I should have a mini concert at BYU for the student population.  And, Lu Han was planning on buying something nice for them.  I didn’t object because they deserved it.  They stopped the scandal from getting worse and they deserve the best.

 

 

            I smiled as I looked into the green sea of glowsticks.  The dedication of my fans made me happy.  They have done so much by supporting my cast mates and I, then more.  They treat us like we’re royals when it’s not necessary.  They always buy us some of the most luxurious things and we would always feel uncomfortable accepting them.

            We were in Thailand when we all want to go out and tour around.  There was an incidence where one of the managers and I was shopping alone.  Thai fans would were asking me about the friend I have online…   Somehow…  Some way…  Lu Han’s name was leaked on the net and it became a viral topic among fans.  There was even a picture of us when we were still friends a long time ago.  It didn’t look like we were super close, but according to Korean standards, we were pretty close.  I just smiled and just lied that Lu Han was my friend.  It hurt, not being able to tell them the truth about us

            The fans went overboard.  They found Lu Han’s Weibo, which was set to let people view it publically, and started to stalk him.  By the time he found out, it was too late.  He was labeled as a playboy (not that I didn’t think he wasn’t one either) because of all of his female friends and some inappropriate pictures he was tagged in, and received thousands of hate posts demanding him to stay away from me on his page.  Lu Han quickly set his profile to private and there were no longer hate posts, but fans still occasionally send hate mail to him daily.

            I felt bad to have him go through something like that.  He didn’t deserve this kind judgment.  No one should ever receive this kind of treatment at all, no matter how horrible they are.  My fans love me, not the person I love.  I know that he has a horrible past, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a gentleman and he will always treat me with respect, care, and love. 

            The song came to an end and the crowd applauded thunderously.  I continued to smile as I quickly gave them a 90 degrees bow.  I looked over at Kyungsoo and he was looking at me.  The fans suddenly screamed, in unison.  If I wasn’t used to being on tour, then I would have been startled because they were so loud.

            “KyungMia, KyungMia, KyungMia!!” they yelled, in unison.  “KyungMia, KyungMia, KyungMia!!”

            I laughed as I shook my head and Kyungsoo blushed.  His smile became small and shy as he looked back out into the sea of fans.  They laughed, enjoying how cute he was at the moment. 

            “Now, it’s time for an interview!!” said Yixing, smoothly into his mic as he walked on stage.  He and I were supposed to be the MC for the Chinese Tour.  The entire cast came on with him and the concert staff quickly placed chairs for us to sit on.

            Satomi was carrying a huge, circular glass bowl full of questions that fans had written.  The cast thought that it would be nice if each ticketholder could write us a question before coming into the concert area at every concert we hold.  A question has to be dropped in a drop box outside each entrance door to the area.  And, the concert staff would collect it and put it in the huge glass bowl that Satomi was carrying now.  She set it down on a barstool one of the concert staffs brought out.

            The audience screamed, obviously excited.  There have been so many personal questions asked before: What color is the underwear you all are wearing right now?  Have you all ever been kissed?  Kyungsoo, can you smear chocolate all over your lips, take a picture of it, and post it on your twitter?  Satomi, how much do you really weigh?  Mia, have you ever had a boyfriend before?  Surprisingly, it wasn’t awkward answering those questions at all.

            I was always comfortable because I felt like I was talking to a group of people that will always love and support me, regardless of what happen.  They are dedicated completely to me and I, in return, must do my best and always be as truthful as possible. 

            “OK!” said Yixing, excitedly.  The crowd continued to scream from all the corners of the area.  “Now…  ARE YOU ALL READY FOR THE INTERVIEW?!!!”  The fans screamed one single, loud scream together, shaking the building.  It was even louder than before.  The cast and I started to laugh as we glanced at each other. 

            Someone is totally going to ask about Lu Han, I thought.  There’s no way people won’t as about him.

            The fans eagerly discussed among themselves quietly as Yixing pulled at folded note card out of the bowl.  He unfolded it and glanced down at it.  He quickly looked up and let out a surprised laugh. 

            “To Yixing Ge, why are you so handsome?” he asked himself.  Everyone on stage laughed and the audience screamed out of excitement.  Yixing shook his head.  “I’m not handsome.  I’m OK.

            “No~!!” yelled the crowd.

            Yixing laughs into the mic and started to blush.  “I’m perfectly average.” he continued on.  “It’s just that the company is really good with packaging.

            All the cast members on stage started to laugh and nodded their heads.  We all know about the hard work the backstage crew had given into how our appearances are.  Our fashion stylists are always thinking about the nicest outfits for our shows.  Every country tour has a different outfit for the songs we perform so it brings in some diversity on our fashion.  Then, our hairstylists and makeup artists are always fixing our hair and makeup as soon as we get off the stage so we look picture perfect.  None of the fans know how hard our team works so we all look visually good.  For a split second, I thought of the tattoo Lu Han and I share…  The makeup artists had decided to cover it up to keep scandals at bay.

            “The thing is that we have a lot of fashion stylists, hairstylists, and makeup artists that makes us look good all the time.” explained Nee, in Korean. 

            I quickly translated in Mandarin.  “What Nee had said is true.” I added.  “Backstage, there’s a whole team that puts in a lot of hard work and sweat into making us look the way we do up here.”  I turned to Yixing and smiled. 

            The audience screamed loudly.  “YiMia, YiMia, YiMia!!”  they screamed.

            “But, Yixing, don’t be so modest.” I commented, truthfully.  “You’re a handsome man.”

            The audience became wild as they started chanting our fandom name.  The main cast and I started to laugh as we all looked over at him.  Even from afar, I could see Yixing blush and the others were teasing him.  He nodded as he continued to select another card.  He quickly unfolded the card and read, “Mia: in interviews, you said that you’re not a good dancer from the beginning but I think you are really good.  How did you learn how to dance properly?”

            I just smiled, thinking all the dance practices I had with Hyuk before filming the movie and the tears I’ve shed because I was frustrated.  “I worked really hard.” I replied.  “My dance trainer suggested that I practice the dance moves at least an hour or so a day.  And, I had to keep my body in shape.  So, I did a lot of running and jumping for leg strength because it’s important to carry out dance moves smoothly.”  And, then, I let out a laugh.  “All I am going to say is that I’ve worked hard and it has paid off.  I’m really proud of myself and how far I’ve came with my dancing skills.

            “No one knows how hard Mia Noona has worked to dance as gracefully as she does today.” commented Kreng, in Korean.  “I will never know myself how hard she has worked, but I honestly think that she has the most determination and perseverance.” 

            Yixing translated it and smiled at me.  He nodded his head.  They are our best dancers along with Nee.  Then Yixing and Nee started to comment on my dancing abilities, making me want to cry.  I felt my eyes watered and tried to blink them away.

            “Thank you all so much for your comments, you guys.” I said, as my hand came up to wipe my eyes.  “I’ve worked hard, so you guys would be able to succeed.  Thank you for being my castmates…  I would never ask for anyone else because you and I perfectly mesh together.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!  ^^  Sorry for taking so long to update!  I’ve been really busy with school and life, so…  I’ll probably only update once a week.

            I seriously couldn't help it with Lu Han's gif.  He's so cute and dorky like that!!  LOL  Lu Han is so adorable.  ^.^  I can't help it but love him as my bias!!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho