Chapter 32

99% Males 1% Females

            News got around school that Kibum and I were going to go on a date.  To which, I was actually grateful for because it was his fault that people started to question my friendship with Lu Han again.  And, Eunsung and Minyu quickly dropped the case about the roses that Lu Han got me.  So, instead of bombing me questions about whether or not Lu Han and I are really together…  They bombed me with questions about what Kibum and I were doing for our date.

            Kibum and I planned to have the date Friday night.  He said he’ll pick me up at 5pm.  As far as what we’ll do, he didn’t want to tell me besides for me to not eat dinner.  Kibum wanted to surprise me…  So, I wasn’t really sure how to dress up for the occasion.  It has been really cold lately, so I just decided to dress up warmly.

            I just threw on a patterned long sleeve with my huge wool jacket, some jeans, and a pair of flat boots.  I made sure I looked extra pretty so then it looked like I actually put in some effort to getting ready.  After I tied my wavy hair into a side ponytail, I let out a breath as I looked into the mirror.

            I felt kind of bad.  From my observations and Lu Han’s comments, it does seem like Kibum likes me much more than I like him.  Then, again, that was how it was last semester too when a ton of guys asked me out and I turned down every one of them.  So, why was I suddenly changing my mind?

            Could it be that I’m actually becoming more open to these guys and actually give them a chance?, I thought.  Well, it seemed like it.

            I heard a knock from my bathroom door.  “Lu Han, just come in.” I said.

            He slipped his slender body through the crack of the door and then gave me a smile.  “You look good.” he nodded, as he lay on my bed.  “So, are you excited about your first date?”

            “I-I don’t really know what to expect.” I replied.

            “Since I am an experienced dater, I will say that if you don’t feel any chemistry then don’t kiss him.” said Lu Han, as he sat up in bed.  “It’ll lead him on and then you’ll be in trouble.”

            I let out a groan.  “What else?” I asked, starting to get nervous.

            Lu Han shrugged his shoulders.  “Just act yourself, like you always do.” he replied.  “Guys like it like that.”

            I walked over to him and closed my eyes, tired.  “Thank you.” I said and I hugged him.

            Lu Han took in a deep breath.  “Mmmm…  You smell good.” he commented.

            I was about to say something when the doorbell ranged.  I looked at the clock.  Kibum was right on time.  I quickly grabbed my purse.

            “That has to be Kibum.” I said, as I headed towards the door.  “Bye!  See you later!”

            Lu Han laughed.  “Bye, Mia.” he said.

            Mom and Dad came out of the office.  “Bye, sweetie.  Have fun!” they said, as I bolted downstairs.

            This will be an interesting night, I thought.

 

 

            I know that Kibum was nervous, but he didn’t show it.  As we were walking to a downtown live music event, he took my hand in his.  I was glad that his hands weren’t sweaty because that would have just grossed me out.  But, then again, it was a cold night.

            “L-Let’s go grab some dinner first.” suggested Kibum.

            I laughed, as I squeezed his hand.  “Kibum, don’t be so nervous.” I said, as I came to a stop.

            A few of his strands were out of place so I reached up and fixed it for him.  “It’s only me, Mia.”

            Kibum smiled.  “You don’t understand…” he stated.  “I really like you.”

            I was a bit surprised.  He was so forward that I didn’t know how to react.  Honestly, I did not feel the same way as he did.  Maybe not yet?, I thought.

            “Kibum..”I started to say.

            He pulled back with a red face.  “S-Sorry.” he said.  “I-I just said that without thinking.”

            I smiled and started walking.  “It’s OK.” I said.

            We went to have dinner at a Thai restaurant.  It was really good and expensive.  And, considering the fact that Kibum and I are poor, jobless students with little money…  I thought that it was especially sweet for him to take me there.

            Afterwards, we went to the live music event.  Kibum and I thought that there was going to be a local band playing that night.  He said that it was posted on their website that a band called New Wonders was supposed to be playing, but it was karaoke night instead.  We didn’t mind so we decided to stay, but there were many people that were angry about it.  We decided to do a duet, but couldn’t think of the song.

            Even though there were only a few people in the audience tonight, we all still cheered each other on loudly.   A highschool girl when she went on stage and quickly selected her song.  It was Colbie Caillat’s “You Got Me.”

            “You’re stuck on me and my laughing eyes…” she started singing.  Her voice was on the weak side and soft.  Regardless, it wasn’t bad.  “I can’t pretend though I try to hide…  I like you~  I like you..

            I could feel Kibum grab my hand.  I looked up at him and he was looking at me.  A smile crept across his lips.  He gave my hand a squeeze.  I smiled back at him.  Eventually our turn came along.  It was towards the end of the show, so everyone was tired.

            I wasn’t really sure which song would be good for a duet, so I let Kibum choose.  He decided to pick After School’s “When I Fall.”

            “There’s no need for words, Deep inside of my eyes it’s clear and full of my feelings towards you,” started Kibum.  “Would you give me your heart that was whisperingly hid?
Hold my hands~  I will never let you go.  I will wait for you, and only you
~”

            He signaled me to sing the chorus.  “When I fall, it was love at first sight…  Cuz when I fall, I already fell in love.  It feels as if the time has stopped…  It’s as if I’m on top of the world
I’m falling in love with you
~” I singed.

 

 

            We walked home with a chat, but it quickly became quiet when we were about to reach my house.  Before we reached the front steps, Kibum pulled me into his embrace.  Surprised, I just stood there.  I was about to pull out of the hug when he leaned down and kissed me.

            If you don’t feel any chemistry then don’t kiss himIt’ll lead him on…  Lu Han’s voice ranged loud and clear in my mind as Kibum entered my mouth. 

            I don’t have feelings for Kibum, I thought as I quickly pulled out of the kiss.  I thought that there might be something there, but I really only see him as a friend.  I couldn’t look at him as he let out a soft sigh. 

            “I…” he started.  “I thought that we might be able to start something.”

            I looked up at him.  I wanted to cry, feeling guilty for leading him on with my reply.  That was why I was scared to go out with guys last semester.  I didn’t want to just go out with them and not work out.

            Kibum was looking elsewhere and then his eyes met mine.  “The kiss during practice that one day…  You know, that improved kiss you and I had…” he said.  “I felt something then.  Didn’t you?”

            I didn’t know what to say.  I was thinking about Lu Handuring that time, I remembered.

            I opened my mouth to say something, but I tasted something salty instead.  My hand came up, but Kibum’s was quicker.  He wiped my tears with his thumb.

            “I didn’t really feel anything…” I said, with a lump in my throat.  I liked him and thought that he was cute, but that wasn’t enough.  I only saw him as a friend.

            “Hey,” smiled Kibum, as his other hand came up to cup my face.  “It’s OK.  You don’t need to cry.  Things like this always happen when you’re just dating.”

            “I’m sorry.” I said. 

            Kibum shook his head.  “It’s OK.” he repeated.  “I really did think that we had chemistry…  But, that kiss we just had was very bland.”

            I let out a laugh.  The way he said it and his facial expression was so comical that I had to laugh.  I know that he did that so then I would stop crying.  And, I did.

            He stared at me with a soft gaze.  “I guess it was just that one time.” he said.  And, then, he smiled.  “But, wow.  That made me addicted to you…”

            “Huh?” I asked.

            “You’re an amazing kisser, Mia.” complimented Kibum, with a nod.  “Whoever it was that taught you how to kiss is an amazing kisser…  And, I’m quite jealous.”

            I laughed.  “Why?” I asked.

            “Because you let him kiss you.” simply replied Kibum.  His tone was serious.  I nodded my head.  “I wasn’t playing around when I told you that I really liked you earlier…  I really meant it.”  He took a good look at me.  “But, I guess I already know your answer.”

            Kibum reached out to brush my stray hair out of my face, but stopped himself.  I looked into his eyes and I could see his pain and sadness.  “You should go home and rest.  It’s getting late.” he said, with a soft tone.

            I nodded my head.  I bid him goodnight and closed the door.  I stood there by the door, replaying what just happened.

            “How was your date?” asked a voice, making me jump.

            As far as I was concerned, there was no one sitting in our dark living room.  Only the lights on the front steps were left on for me so I wouldn’t fumble over the keys when I got home.  And, the light in the hallway upstairs was turned off as well.

            Stupid Lu Han, I thought as I heard him chuckle to himself.

            I stomped over to him.  He was sitting on our sofa, sipping tea in the dark.  Even at night, I could still see his bubbly orbs as the moonlight shone through our thin curtains.  I frowned at him and then hit him across the head.

            “What the hell?!” voiced Lu Han, as the tea spilled on his thighs.  “It’s hot!”

            After he calmed down, he placed his cup on the coffee table.  “Well?” he pressured.

            “It…  It went fine.” I started.  “And, he kissed me.”  Lu Han made a noise and was about to say something when I stopped him.  “Don’t worry, we’re not dating anymore.”

            “Really?” asked Lu Han, surprised.  “Could it be that I didn’t teach you good enough or what?  Was it that kiss that ruined it for you?”

            “No…  Kibum asked me out because of that stupid improvised kiss during practice.” I stated, dumbstruck.  I sat down next to Lu Han.

            “Really?!” he asked, getting excited.  This was a major boost to his ego, if you can’t already tell.  “Wow…  That simple kiss made him fell for you?  I’m impressed.”

            I rolled my eyes.  “I don’t care.” I said.

            “It seems like he fell for you hard.” commented Lu Han.

            I groaned.  “I know!” I said.  I was tired and I closed my eyes slowly.  “I feel so bad for leading him on.  I thought that we might have something more, but we don’t.”

            “You wanna sleep with me tonight?” asked Lu Han.

            “My parents are home.” I replied.

            He shrugged his shoulders.  “I know…  I just wanted to make you feel better, that’s all.” he stated.

            I turned to him and smiled.  “Sure.” I said.  “But, why are you still up?”

            Lu Han shrugged his shoulders.  “I couldn’t sleep.” he replied.

            I laughed as I punched him on the shoulder.

 

Author’s Note:

            No…  Kibum is not Lu Han’s er if anyone is wondering. 

            Yay!  It’s finally the end of the semester for them!  Yay!  Winter break!!  (I know…  It’s hard to think of it like that because it’s actually summer right now.)

LOVE,

loveFORyunho