Long Lost Friend

It's the game

2 moths later 

Sohee sat on the couch with Gaho as she watched Jiyong decorate the Christmas tree. Taeyang walked out of the kitchen with two mugs of egg nog. He handed one to Sohee and then sat down next to her, taking a sip of his own drink. They watched in awe as Jiyong threw silver ornaments and black tensile along the tree's branches. Finally, he topped the tree with a star that had the words 'one of a kind' engraved in white written on it. 

He took a step back with his hands on his hips, admiring the tree. "So. What do you guys think?" 

"It looks gloomy." Taeyang commented. "There's so much black and white." 

Jiyong nodded. "Yep, my tree is the only one that can pull this off. It's one of a kind...duh." 

Sohee smiled and clapped. "I love it." 

Jiyong stuck out his tongue at YB. "At least someone likes it. My girl has good taste." 

Taeyang shrugged, taking another sip of egg nog. 

"Bathroom time." Sohee announced, pushing herself up off the couch. 

"Again?" Jiyong asked. "That's the fourth time in less than 30 minutes." 

"Tell her that." She pointed to her stomach. Without another word, she quickly waddled out of the room. 

Jiyong sat down next to Taeyang, flipping through channels. After realizing that nothing good was on, they decided to give in and watch 'A Christmas Carol' again. About 10 minutes into the movie, they both heard Sohee announce that she was going to the hospital. 

Jiyong panicked and turned to look at her. "Is the baby coming???" 

She sighed. "Why do you ask me that every time? No. I'm just going to go visit Taecyeon oppa." 

He calmed down a little bit. "Oh, do you want us to come with you?" 

She nodded. "Yes please." 

As they sat in the car, Sohee couldn't help but think about Taec. She remembered when she first met him when she was about 13. He was the loud mouthed trainee that everyone seemed to like. Everyone but her. She thought he was way too animated and annoying, until one day when he approached her after practice. She was sitting alone waiting for Sunye one day and he could tell she was lonely. He was surprisingly calm, as if not to come on too strong.

"Um, you're Sohee right?" He asked her cautiously 

She looked up at him curiously. "Yeah." 

"I'll just cut straight to it. I keep asking people about you because you seem close with everyone. They say you don't talk to me because you don't like me. Is that true?" 

After she explained that she thought he was a bit too much, he laughed and started making fun of himself to make her smile.

 He spent that entire year trying to become close to her, and it finally paid off, after a while they were best friends. Everyone could see that they cared for each other deeply. It was obvious that Teacyeon had a crush on her but Sohee couldn't seem to see it. Sunmi would always try to push them into a relationship but to no avail. She didn't believe he had feelings for her, nor did she feel the same way. He was perfectly fine with this, until the day she met Jiyong.  

"Girls, remember when I told you that I had a surprise for you?" JY spoke to the young Wonder Girls. "Well, as you may know, I have a sort of love-hate relationship with YG. Right now we love each other so we've decided to do a special collaboration between you and Big Bang. Since your careers are just starting out, I feel that this could be good for you." 

"Oooh. I love their songs." Sunmi exclaimed, then proceeded to sing 'Goodbye baby' 

JY smiled. "I'm glad you're happy, because they're here right now." He foretold, walking over to the door and opening it to reveal Big Bang. The girls sat and watched quietly as the boys shyly walked in, their baggy clothing barely hanging on to their bodies. They awkwardly said hello, bowing and declaring themselves as the one and only Big Bang. One by one they gave their names and positions within the group. Afterwards, JY instructed the girls to do the same.  

"I'm Min Sunye and I hold the position of leader." 

"I'm Park Yeeun, I'm the lead vocalist." 

"I'm Kim Yoobin. I'm the rapper and eldest unnie." 

"I'm Lee Sunmi, sub vocalist, sub rapper, and most important member." She said confidently, prompting laughter from everyone.

"I'm Ahn Sohee. Main dancer and maknae." She said shyly. 

By the time Sohee had finished speaking, Jiyong had already invested all of his interest in her. When JY left to give both groups a little time alone to get better acquainted, Jiyong instantly made his way over to Sohee. 

When they were finally standing face to face, he was at a loss for words. He looked in her eyes for a while, only being able to utter one thing. "Hey." 

She stared back at him, letting a smile come across her face. "Hey." 

From that point forward, they belonged to each other. Just a month later, Jiyong asked Sohee to be his girlfriend much to every ones surprise. None the less she accepted, catapulting her into her first and only love. It was clear that they were meant for one another. Something Taecyeon was not happy about. 

"Oppa, I have a boyfriend now." Sohee said happily.

"I've heard." Taecyeon nodded, looking down at his ice cream. "Does JY know?" 

She shook her head. "We're keeping it a secret until the dating ban is lifted." 

"That might be a few years. You just debuted last February." 

She smiled. "I'm okay with waiting. We'll still be together by then anyway so it doesn't matter." 

He went quiet for a second, trying not to show his anger. Finally he looked up at her with a forced smile. "Congratulations Sohee, I'm happy for you. Just promise me one thing..." 

"Yeah? What is it?" 

He took her by the hand. "Promise me that you won't forget about me or our friendship." 

She was slightly taken back by his request. It was more emotional than she was used to him being. "Of course not. I'll never give up on our friendship." 

As she made her way down the hallways of the hospital, that emotional promise ran through her mind. She promised him that she'd wouldn't let their friendship go but she had, that night at Seoul tower. Yeah he let her down when he nearly messed up everything, but she had let him down too. He only ever asked one thing of her: not to let her relationship over power their friendship. But she did. As soon as he told her what he had done, she turned her back on him in favor of Jiyong, and she didn't regret it... until now.  

Now she sat just inches away from Taec's still body. The only sounds that could be heard were the machines beeping, keeping him alive. She took in a deep breath, trying to keep from crying. "It's been two months since I've heard your voice or seen your eyes. Please wake up oppa." 

He said nothing, continuing to lay there. She took his hand in hers, unable to hold back her tears any longer. "I miss you and I'm sorry. I didn't keep my promise... I'm so sorry." Still nothing but silence. 

Her head fell on the side of the bed, weeping into the sheets. "I w-wish we could go back. Then you'd be o-okay. You'd be able to help me get ready for my baby. You'd be smiling as you suggested terrible names for her." 

He always had a smile on his face, no matter what the circumstance was. That's why it was breaking her heart to see him like this, so lifeless.  

She lifted her head to look at his pale face, remembering every memory she had with him, from their first encounter up until the night he was shot. "You've always been so strong, you're supposed to make it through whatever life throws at you. Please don't leave me like this." 

"Sohee." Jiyong called from the door. "Are you ready to go?" 

She stared at Taecyeon a bit longer before answering. "Yeah. I'm ready." 

 

"All the bright and precious things fade so fast. And they don't come back..." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Heyyyyy. I am so sorry for the long hiatus >.< 

I've been sick for a while and before I knew it a year almost passed by. 

I'll try to update every weekend from now on. 

Hope you liked this chapter <3