Boy Trouble!

Descendants of the sun Goowon Couple Love Story

It's Sunshine's 11th birthday today. Dae Young and Myeong Joo are hosting a party tonight for Sunshine. She's really excited for her birthday party. 

 

At evening everybody started coming. Soon their two storied house was filled with guests. Dae Young was busy with welcoming people. A lot of their army friends were there.

 

Everybody was enjoying themselves and the kids were playing all over the house. Myeong Joo went to fed baby Jo who's only 2 months old. She'll be back soon. But Sunshine came running towards him and asked,"When's the time to cut the cake, dad?" He placed a kiss on her cheek,"It's time, Sunshine. I'm going to get your mom." On his way to call Myeong Joo to tell her that it's time to cut the cake, Dae Young suddenly heard a boy asking another boy,"You really like Sunshine?" He stood right there. The boys were upstairs in the upstairs family living room, they had no idea Dae Young was in the corridor. He was going to their bedroom to get Myeong Joo. His ears perked up. Another boy replied,"Yes, I really like her. What do you think if I tell her I like her, what will she do?" The first boy replied,"I really don't know. But you should try telling her if you really like her."

 

Dae Young started walking loudly and entered the room. He pretended he just came here and looking at the boys, he realized both the boys were about 15 years old and the sons of two captains from different squads. Myeong Joo invited those captains and obviously everybody came with their wives and families. They were frightened to see him there. He didn't smile at them, only told them, "Boys, it's time to cut the cake. Go play downstairs. I'll be back soon." The boys immediately left the room and headed downstairs.

 

Dae Young looked at them leaving and he went to get Myeong Joo. Entering their bedroom, he saw Myeong Joo was putting the baby to sleep. She placed a finger on her lips to keep him silent and quitely left the room. But she already saw the look on his husband's face. It's the stern look she experienced a lot of time in the past. She asked,"What happened?" He didn't answer and shook his head. "Nothing, come, it's time to cut the cake." He started walking.

 

But Myeong Joo doesn't let him go, she quickly grabbed his hand,"What happened? Why you're so grumpy? Tell me now."

 

"Okay. A boy thinks he likes our Sunshine. He's thinking of telling her that. How dare he! Sunshine is a kid. Why on the earth he likes her and how dare he even come near my baby girl!"

 

Myeong Joo smiles,"How old is the boy?"

 

Dae Young looked at her in disbelief,"You're smiling! He's like 15. How dare he!"

 

Myeong Joo is laughing now. "Listen, you've got nothing to worry. Sunshine is still a kid. And she's like me. So she won't like a boy back yet."

 

He's still grumpy,"You think so?"

 

She smiles again,"Yes, I think so. But you know it's okay if boys like her or she likes a boy. She's 11 today. She'll be a teenager in two years. It's okay if she likes a boy."

 

He grumbles now, "It's not okay. She's a child. I'll see how a boy even comes near her with the intention of liking her!"

 

Myeong Joo laughs again, "Don't do anything or say anything to that boy, please. You'll scare him unnecessarily. I'm telling you, our girl is still a kid. She won't think about it seriously. If any boy says something like that she'll laugh at that and make the boy her friend. So she's capable of handling a boy of her own. You don't need to say anything."

 

He is still looking like he's not completely pleased. She comes closer and placed a kiss on his cheek, "Now, let's go cut the cake with a smile." He finally seems to agree with her, puts a smile on his face and goes with her downstairs.