Magical hug!

Descendants of the sun Goowon Couple Love Story

It's Myeong Joo's second ultrasound check up today. She feels tired and burned out from the stressful work she has to do everyday even being pregnant. It took a toll on her. Seo Dae Young dropped the girls at general Yoon's place after their school. They both plan to go there as well after the check up. It's weekend tomorrow, they plan to spend the day with general Yoon. 

 

Dae Young drove Myeong Joo to the Haesung Hospital after their long day of work. All the way up here he held Myeong Joo's hand while driving. He isn't letting her go today. He check up on her even when they were on work today. Cause just yesterday he knew how Myeong Joo suffers from his absence. "Why do I feel like I'm always waiting for you?"he can't get this out of his mind. He knows Myeong Joo very well. Even though she is the expressive one in their relationship, still she said something like that means how much hurt she's been. He knows there are a lot of unsaid emotions behind that one line. So he is doing his best to be with her as much as he could. Moreover Myeong Joo is pregnant, it's been a lot harder for her for that reason.

 

After reaching the hospital, he still intertwined his hand with her and walks beside her. Myeong Joo smiles at him. Cause she knows he loves her with all his heart and he is not at all shy when it comes to public displays of affection, still he likes to prioritize Myeong Joo's high rank and he generally does not touch her when they are at base. He has always been thoughtful about Myeong Joo's reputation. Myeong Joo is also very professional, so she agreed to this. But she's the one who likes to play with him sometimes. She's the fiesty one. But today Dae Young held her hand, even intertwined their fingers in front of soldiers in the base. They had lunch in the mess hall and he insisted on her to eat more. He even requested the cook to make chicken soup for her. He is behaving a bit different today. 

 

They met Dr Song, nurse Ha ja, nurse choi, Mo Yeon and others. They were not very busy, so all of them chatted for a while and everyone noticed Dae Young seems a bit different today. He sat closer to Myeong Joo than he normally would, held her hand all the time and glanced at her more frequently than he normally would. They about that saying,"Sergeant Master Seo seems so lovey dobey today. What's the matter?" 

 

He smiles and replies,"Can't a man show some affection to his wife?" They smiled at him. Then they went for the ultrasound check up. Dr Song did the procedure and told the baby is perfectly healthy. Then he checked Myeong Joo. And during the check up asked Myeong Joo what medicine she's been taking. Even before she opened Dae Young started saying the name of the medicines. They both looked at him surprised. Myeong Joo knows he takes great care of her but she didn't realize he even memorized her medicines. Dr Song praised him for that. And then he left the room to get something for further check up. Dae Young came closer to the bed and hold Myeong Joo's hand. She softly looks at him,"You're unusually soft today. What's the matter with you? Why you're so sweet when I'm sick?"

 

"I'm being sweet today cause I have an amazing woman as my angel who is a very capable soldier and has done everything really commendably. It's my gift for her. When I'm beside you, I'll make sure you feel I'm with you all the time."

 

"Ok. But is it also because of last night? You don't have to be like this. I know how much you love me. You don't have to do anything to make me feel you're there for me. And I cried, you held me in your arms all night. I'm feeling a lot better now, emotionally. I'll feel much better after I get proper rest."

 

Dr Song returned at this time. He didn't say anything. After her check up, Dae Young requested Dr Song to let Myeong Joo lie down on the bed to rest for a bit. He agreed and said, "There's not much patient today. The cabin is free now, rest for a bit Dr Myeong Joo." 

 

Dae Young went to the counter to complete the paperwork. On his way back to the room he heard Mo Yeon speaking through the door,"It's still your greatest fear from being away from him? Woah!"

"Yeah! How much love both of you will shower today? I envy you but also admire you for your bravado." 

 

Seo Dae Young entered the cabin and they suddenly stopped talking. Mo Yeon left the room saying,"Here's Surgeant Mejor Seo. I have to go, I have a patient waiting for me."

 

When she left the room, he approaches Myeong Joo,"What were you saying to Dr Kang?" She hustily moved her eyes from him, tried to convert the topic, all the paperworks done? That didn't take much time! Let's go to father's home."

 

Dae Young went back to the door, locked the door and came back to the bed. Myeong Joo was skeptical, what is he doing? He sat on the bed face to face holding both her hands,"Myeong Joo, what is bothering you? Please tell me clearly. I can't see you suffer more because of me. Please, tell me."

 

She still tried to escape from that conversation, "We're getting late. Let's talk some other time." But he didn't let go her. "Look at me, look at my eyes. Now tell me what Dr Kang was saying about your greatest fear being away from me?"

 

She looked at his eyes and the sinciretiy in those eyes made her say,"Yes, my biggest fear -from the moment my father became the biggest obostacle between us- was always being away from you. And it still is! I know, now it seems absurd. You're mine forever. But still I feel most vulnerable when you're not with me. I can't help it." Tears wellding up in her eyes.

 

Dae Young was speechless. How many more times this amazing lady will suffer for him? He gently put his hand on her cheeks, sweeping her tears away. "Myeong Joo, I will be here with you and won't leave you alone for the next 6 months at least. I've already requested father to grant me this order. I'll be with you till our baby is born and till you are fit enough to join work. I've told you not to suffer alone. Why do you still do that? Talk to me. Say anything you want, say anything you feel. I'll be with you."

 

Myeong Joo's tears turned into a delightful smile that only comes after the feeling of a heavy weight being lifted. Dae Young smiles also and pulled her into a gentle embrace. Her hands wrapped around him tightly and she smiles so dearly like that time when Dae Young first hugged her after the earthquake in Uruk.