I'll be with you!

Descendants of the sun Goowon Couple Love Story

A six months pregnant, Myeong Joo's mood swings were getting worse. Seo Dae Young felt like he was constantly trying to keep her happy. She would yell at him for very small things and the next minute, she would be in tears in his arms, leaving him feeling very bewildered.

 

Today seemed like one of those days when she's angry with him for no specific reason. She shouted at him for not being serious about their child's education. All he did was let their daughters have a bunk day. He dropped them at their grandpa's house, cause general Yoon suddenly had some free time. It's evening now and he called sometimes ago saying he'll keep the girls to his house tonight. 

 

Dae Young knows Myeong Joo would do the same but she seemed to have a bad day with all the changes going through her body. She feels tired. She feels like just want to sleep and do nothing. But she has to keep up with her work. She has responsibilities, she worked hard despite her tiredness and after reaching home, she found her always tidy home a lot messy and the girls weren't there to welcome her. So she definitely is not in a good mood.

 

He let her shout at him for some time hoping it will make her calm down. But all in vain. She went to their bedroom to stay lying for a bit. Dae Young thought it would be good for her. He didn't bother her and got busy making dinner. He made her favorite chicken soup. After tidying up the house and dinner ready on the table, he went upstairs to call Myeong Joo to have dinner.

 

But the door was open and Myeong Joo was curling onto the bed in her uniform. That means she didn't even freashen up. That's not at all like her. She is always prim and proper, she likes it that way. He thought maybe she fell asleep. But approaching the bed, he saw her body trembling slightly.

 

His eyes widen in bewilderment! She is crying! Why? He really thought it's a normal fight they were having, he didn't take that seriously. But seeing her crying like that he realized it's not a normal thing. Something was really bothering her.

 

"Myeong Joo?" Dae Young whispered and reached out a hand to touch her shoulder tentatively. She sniffed, but didn't answer him. When she didn't pull away he took her other shoulder and in one quick motion pulled her into his body squeezing her tight.

 

She softened a bit and dropped her arms to her sides as she sobbed into his shoulder. He mumbled in her hair, "What happened, Myeong Joo? Why are you crying?" He didn't expect any answer right away. After a while she asked,"Where were you when I needed you the most? I've had days like this when my body become so tired that I only want to sleep. But I had to take care of everything. I've been sick but you weren't there for me. It's been tough. I feel lonely. Why do I feel like I'm always waiting for you?"

 

She was crying again. Seeing her crying like that, a wall scrambled inside him. He always loses it whenever he sees Myung Joo suffering. He throws everything down just to hug her, leaves everything behind just to protect her and even gives up everything just to be with her. But still, some days are hard. Some days he feels like he failed terriblely to give Myeong Joo the best she deserves. He failed to stay with her. He failed to be there with her when she needed him the most. He is the reason she's still suffering. He holds her tighter, placed a chaste kiss on the side of her head,"I'm sorry, Myeong Joo. I'm so so sorry. If I had any idea about what you're going through, I'd never leave you alone. I'm so sorry. I promise I'll be with you. You are not alone. You don't have to endure everything alone. I'm here. I'll be here. With you."

 

Life is always hard. It's not a bed of roses. It's even harder when you dedicate your life to a noble cause. Sacrifices are made and there will always be little obstacles. But you can bear all this when you have someone who loves you so much.