Chapter 7

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG JOONG KI

"Song Joong Ki, give me back my dog."

I felt my body tense as I hear my name escape her lips. Her tone, dripping with resentment and coldness.

I stretched my hand and offered Ruby back to her. 

She bent down to re-fasten the leash on Ruby, probably making sure she won't have another chance to escape from her and run away. 

She turned her back to me without any words as she tried to pull Ruby along with her, but the dog will not budge. 

Ruby was in front of me, looking at me adorably while making a whimpering sound. 

"Ruby, I said let's go." She tried pulling again, but the dog will not move an inch. She exhaled and came closer to me to finally pick up Ruby.

The dog was still whimpering but it could not escape from Hye Kyo's grasps anymore as she hugged the dog close to her chest. 

"Wait." I said, grabbing on to her arm as she started to walk away. Without turning towards me, she spoke.

"Let go of me."

"I just want to talk." I said. 

She turns to me, still holding hatred in her eyes. "I have nothing to say to you." 

"But I do. Please." The desperation was evident in my voice.

She shrugged off my hand and faced me. "I don't think there's anything more left to say between the two of us. All conversations we may have had already ended three years ago."

"Hye Kyo-ah.." I trailed.

"Don't call my name so casually, we're not that close." She said, then stormed off with her dog. 

I watch her back as the distance between us widened and as she walked further away from me.

 

SONG HYE KYO

My hands were still shaking when I got home. As soon as Ruby jumped off from my clutches, my knees buckled as I collapsed on the floor. The tears I have been fighting since coming face to face with Song Joong Ki fell uncontrollably. 

I'm okay now, right? I'm okay. I'm good. I'm all right. Then why am I crying? Why am I crying over something I should've gotten over with?!

I clutch the collar of my shirt as I cried harder. The buried feelings of pain and despair I have suppressed for a long time were one by one being released as I let my tears fall and my screams of hurt echo around my empty house. I crumpled on the floor as I tried to calm myself down but with no avail.

Suddenly, the front door of my house opened, revealing my Manager.

"Hye Kyo-ah! What happened?!" She exclaimed, dropping all the bags that she was carrying and quickly coming to my side.

"Unnie I...I saw...I saw Song Joong Ki. He...he..." I forced myself to speak through my cries. 

"Arasseo, stop talking. Just let it all out." She said as she cradled me like a child while she soothed my back. 

 

SONG JOONG KI

"So what calls for this very unexpected drinking session?" Cha Tae Hyun asked I refilled his glass with soju.

"Nothing, Hyung. I just missed you." I grinned at him.

"Yah. Even I know that that's a lie. What is it?" 

After Hye Kyo left, I immediately called the one person who I can count on for advice at times like these. Cha Tae Hyun Hyung is the perfect person to call for when you need someone to knock some sense into you. 

I sighed. "I saw her." 

"Who?" He asked.

"Song Hye Kyo" I replied.

"Ah. I see her on TV all the time too." He said, nonchalantly.

"Aish. Hyung, I meant I saw her in person." I groaned in frustration, this was not the time for jokes.

"I know what you meant." Tae Hyun Hyung smiled. "So? What happened?"

"Ruby, her dog? Do you remember?"

He nodded. 

"Well, I went jogging and then Ruby suddenly came running to me and Hye Kyo caught up to her. She didn't realize it was me at first, but after she did, well it didn't go too well." I explained.

"Why? Will I see something explosive about the two of you tomorrow on the news?" Tae Hyun hyung exclaimed.

"It wasn't like that." I shook my head. "I wanted to talk to her, but she looked at me with pure hatred and said that we have nothing to talk about."

"She even told me not to call her name so casually because we're not close." I continued. 

"She's right though." Tae Hyung Hyung said as he downed a glass of soju. "What did you expect? That she'll say 'Okay, let's talk Joong Ki-ssi'?" Mimicking what should resemble Hye Kyo's voice, but obviously did not.

I sighed. "I just wanted to talk."

"With what happened between the two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter