Chapter 11

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG JOONG KI

It had been a week since that night I dropped Hye Kyo off at her home. I haven't had a chance to see her since then, but the thoughts that still plagued me that night was still on my mind. I had become too busy with work but there was never a moment that she escaped my thoughts. 

The fact that Hye Kyo was still keeping all my things preserved in that room made my heart somewhat leap. Even after all these years, she still had our memories in that room, it was as if time had stopped in it. If there's a chance...just a speck of a chance that she still might have feelings for me...

"Joong Ki-ah." My manager called. 

"Hm?" I turned to him. 

"You've been heavily preoccupied with your thoughts since we left. Is there something wrong?" He asked. 

I shook my head. "No, I'm just thinking." 

My manager stared at me for a few seconds, probably not believing what I said but decided that it wasn't something that he should press on since I wouldn't answer honestly anyway. 

"You okay to shoot for today though?" He asked, changing the topic of conversation. 

"Of course. Work is work after all." I smiled. 

I probably should focus on the scenes that I would be filming today and my scheduled photoshoot so I decided to push the thoughts of Hye Kyo at the back of my head. I can think about all of this later on anyway.

 

I somehow made it through the day, through all the filming and photoshoots that I was scheduled to work at. My mind drifted into autopilot as I did these things, but everytime there was a single moment of peace wherein I'm not working, my mind automatically goes back to thoughts of Hye Kyo. As my manager drove me home, I looked over at the sights we passed by, wondering what she might be doing as of this moment. 

I somehow got used to the thought that she might pop up at any moment and at any place, making me feel on guard every moment I'm not on set or on photoshoots.  Although I've hesitated to admit to myself for a number of times, I do miss her. The many times we accidentally saw each other these past few weeks somehow made me miss her presence. 

As the car stops to a lull, I looked over at the front of the car to see that we're stuck in the middle of traffic. 7pm rush hour is the worst when you're in Seoul. Something I definitely used to hate, but now that I go home to an empty house with no one to welcome me, it was now a nice delay to the loneliness and emptiness that awaits me at home. 

I looked out once again to survey the streets and buildings around me, finding something that could atleast keep me entertained during the traffic. Checking my phone or social media accounts was out of the question nowadays, since it just gives me stress and anxiety whenever I think that Hye Kyo's date with Seung Heon sunbae might show up on the news. Their photo still bothered me up to this day, and the confirmation that the night at TMI was supposedly a date between them, albeit, a friendly one, still rattled my nerves. 

"Oh." My manager suddenly exclaimed.

"What? Why?" I asked, looking around if something had happened.

"Nothing." He mumbled. I stared at him and decided to look at what he was staring at a few seconds ago. 

It was a digital display billboard. Upon looking at it, I finally found out why he uttered an exclaim. 

On it was Hye Kyo's advertisment for the luxury jewelry brand Chaumet. 

She looked the very definition of beautiful in it. She wasn't smiling or anything, but something about her really captivates you. I found myself staring at it long and hard as I watched the billboard loop the advertisement infinitely, wishing that the traffic takes longer. 

But ofcourse, as soon as I had thought that the traffic lights signaled the green light. I stared at it as the car drove away, and until I can no longer clearly see the advertisement. 

"She looked pretty in that." My manager said, obviously trying to lighten up the atmosphere. 

I nodded. "She always is." 

 

I got home to a dark house, with absolutely no sign of life in it. I had been living like this for the past three years and for the first time since, I've been feeling sad about it for the past few weeks. 

My life had been reduced to a never ending routine of waking up, going to work, getting home, and going to sleep. Only to wake up once again the next day to repeat everything all over again. 

I entered my bedroom and plopped down on the bed without even changing my clothes. Today was too tiring, physically and mentally.

I stared at the ceiling as my mind drifts to Hye Kyo's advertisement that I saw earlier.

When we were still dating, Hye Kyo had mentioned that it had always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter