Chapter 33

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG JOONG KI

Living under one roof with Hye Kyo was just the same kind of bliss as I've experienced during the first time we lived together, if not more. We had more time together and we no longer had to keep our heads down in fear of being seen. In the confines of our home, we were able to be as carefree with our actions and words without any care that the public would find out about us. Every night was date night now that our schedules were free of shooting the drama, and the break that we had from work made me even more clingy with her.

There were no news about our shared living conditions in the one month that passed, since our agencies made sure that security at the building was absolutely tight. It worried me at first, since the media was notorious for outing the location of celebrities' private homes, but there was gladly none of that since my agency fed the media wrong information of my new dwellings after news had come up that my lease had ended in my previous aparment. To the public's knowledge, I was residing at a place completely opposite of the direction of UN Village.

The drama I starred in with Hye Kyo had also started airing and was now in its fourth episode. The reception was just as they predicted as we peaked 14% on the pilot episode and it only continued to increase from there. I was excitedly counting the days until it finished airing, because it meant that Hye Kyo and I could finally go public. The aftermath of that was far from my mind because I had more pressing problems as of right now, namely Hye Kyo's upcoming birthday. 

It was the 18th of November, and I still had no idea what to do for her. She did such a fantastic job on my birthday surprise, so I really had my work cut out for me. 

Initially, I wanted to surprise her with a party too, but I was beginning to feel worried to continue with that idea. Hye Kyo has a lot of high profiled friends in the industry, and I was sure that a gathering of people that high up the celebrity rank will attract the media even if I get every single person to sign a non-disclosure agreement. And besides, I really didn't want to share her with anyone on her special day. 

"Why do you look like you're shouldering the problems of the world?" 

It was Tae Hyun hyung. I was currently lounging at the lobby of our agency, silently browsing on my phone about ideas on how to celebrate one's brithday when he came to sit on the couch beside me. 

"Hey, hyung." I said. "I'm thinking of what to do for Hye Kyo's birthday." 

"Oh yeah. That's on the 22nd, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah. And I still have nothing planned."

"Throw her a birthday party then, like what she did with yours." 

"I kind of don't want to." I admit. "Everyone would just be ogling at her beauty and I don't really want that."

Hyung let out a snicker.  "You're so possesive."

"Well it is true." 

"Then why not take a vacation? You two can go somewhere.That way you won't have to share her with anyone."

"I was thinking of doing just that. But I'm worried that we might be spotted." I said. "Remember before? We were seen in New York, then also in Bali, and in Tokyo, which practically confirmed our dating rumours back then."

"That's because you tail Hye Kyo everywhere even when she told you not to." Hyung said with a shake of his head. "Just pick a place where no one would see you."

"And where would that be?" I asked. "The moon? Outer space? I'd gladly take her there if it meant we could date in peace."

Tae Hyun hyung let out a loud guffaw. "You idiot. Is that the only place you can think of?"

"Right now, yeah." I said. "Since the airing of our drama, the public interest in us has increased. Rumours are quietly swirling around us again, though fortunately not a lot of people are taking it seriously since we did say we're friends again. Hye Kyo and I can barely go out. We had to take Ruby on walks alternately while clad in big puffy jackets and huge caps that covered our faces even when it's hot outside." 

"There's this resort in the French Polynesia that's guaranteed absolute privacy. It's called The Brando. I read from one my wife's many Hollywood magazines that Leonardo Di Caprio went there on several different occassions with different girls and not one single photo was taken. You can check that out." He said. "It's literally an island with no other way to get in but through the hotel's private aircraft, so I'm sure Dispatch wouldn't be able to track you down. I doubt they can afford a place that exclusive and expensive." 

"That's a really great suggestion, Hyung!" I exclaimed. "I'm going to book us a reservation right now."

"Won't you ask Hye Kyo first if she's available?"

"She is. I asked her manager to keep her schedule clear next week." I said mindlessly as I typed on my phone. "We can leave as early as tomorrow."

"Well, glad to be of service then." Tae Hyun hyung placed a hand on my shoulder and grinned as he stood up to head to a meeting he was scheduled to have. 

I was then left alone to book flights and the hotel, feeling excited at the upcoming unbothered time with Hye Kyo.  

 

"Babe, pack your bags now!" I said as soon as I got inside the unit I shared with Hye Kyo. She was currently lying down on the sofa, only clad in a white tank top and the shortest of shorts, petting Ruby, who was beside her. I couldn't help but grin slyly at the beautiful and tempting sight before me. 

"Hey, welcome back." She said. "What do you mean pack my bags? Are we going somewhere?"

"On second thought, you can do that later. We should get to the bedroom first." I smirked. 

"What?"

"Or do you prefer to do it here in the couch? Really, I'm up for it anywhere." 

Hye Kyo sat up and raised her hand to stall me when I tried to grab her. 

"What are you saying?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter