Chapter 26

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG HYE KYO

September 17th, 2022

 

The weeks that followed the announcement of my break up with Seung Heon Oppa was filled with non-stop speculations and slight judgement from the public. I had contacted Seung Heon Oppa and apologized profusely for the mess that the announcement had caused, but as kind as ever, Seung Heon Oppa told me that it was of no bother to him. He said it was just right of him to accept my decision of announcing our break up since I had agreed to delaying it for so long already.

Despite what I've done to him, Seung Heon Oppa remained my friend and he was as nice and gentle to me as he was before everything that had happened. Seung Heon Oppa definitely deserves someone much more than I could ever try to be for him. 

 

"Hey, why are you smiling to yourself?" My manager tapped my shoulder as she sat infront of me, breaking my train of thoughts. 

I had asked my manager to meet up with me this morning at our agency's office. It was supposed to be my day off but having realized what date it was already, I had panicked and quickly set up a meeting with her.

"I was just thinking about how Seung Heon Oppa was really kind and understanding all throughout this whole mess I've caused." I said to her. 

My manager nodded in agreement. "The man is a saint. He still treats you nicely despite all that. Anyway, why'd you call for me during your day off. Is something the matter?" 

"Oh! Unnie, I'm in trouble." I said, biting my lower lip. 

"Trouble? What happened?!" My manager's face immediately showed an expression of concern.

"Today's the 17th of September!" I exclaimed. "It's two days before Joong Ki's birthday and I have absolutely no idea on what to do for him!" 

My manager's expression changed from worry to a face that screams displeasure. 

"That's it?! I thought it was something similar to Hyung Sik's kind of trouble!" She grumbled. "My heart won't be able to take it if that's your problem too. The office is going crazy enough as it is."

"It's not that don't worry." I said, calming her down. 

"Good thing your problem isn't as serious as I thought." She sighed in relief.

"It's a serious concern for me, you know?" I frowned. "His birthday's two days away and I have no gift yet nor have I planned any event."

"Just get him whatever. I think Joong Ki would love anything from you even if it's just a pebble off the street." My manager smirked. "As for the event, I think you should know best what to do." 

I looked at her questioningly, ignoring her sarcasm. "What do you mean I should know what to do?" 

"You know." My manager raised one eyebrow at me. 

"Huh?"

My manager gave a sigh of exhasperation. "Just sleep with him as a gift or an event for his birthday. That's what I meant. I'm 100% sure Joong Ki would love that." 

"Unnie!" My eyes widened in surprise at how blunt she was being.

"What? Stop acting like you've never done it with him. You were married for chrissakes." My manager laughed. 

"I'm being serious here, Unnie." I tried to compose myself but failed and ended up laughing along. 

After a while, my manager finally decided to take my dilemma seriously. "What do you even gift someone like Song Joong Ki? The guy pretty much has it all." 

"I know." I pouted. "I'm actually thinking of throwing him a surprise party, would that be okay Unnie?" 

"I guess. You just have to be careful of the media if you're planning to hold it at some venue." She replied. 

"I can probably just make them sign an NDA? And I'll only be inviting Joong Ki's closest friends." I said. 

"Sounds like a plan then." Unnie said as she proceeded to fiddle with her phone, probably to find the usual NDA we ask people to sign whenever we hold private events at hotels or party venues.

"Now, I just have to find a way to distract Joong Ki." I sighed heavily.

"Why do you sound like that's the hardest part of your plan?" Unnie asked. 

"Because it is. I'm with him everytime I have free time. It will be suspicious to him if I suddenly decline his invitation to hang out." I sighed once again. 

"Just tell him you're at a shoot." My manager said. 

"He knows my schedule is free for today. It's just that I suddenly remembered that it was already the 17th this morning and I have zero plans for his birthday. I had to make up a lie that you called me in for a meeting of some sort so that I can prepare for his birthday and also maybe buy him a gift." I said. 

My manager looked sympathetically at me but said nothing.

I was deep in thought in what to do when an idea popped in my head. "Ah! I'll ask for In Sung Oppa's help!"

"In Sung? Jo In Sung?" Manager Unnie asked. 

I nodded my head. "Yup. The one and only."

I quickly searched for In Sung Oppa's number on my phone and pressed to call. After about three rings, he picked up. 

"Oh. Hye Kyo-ah. What a surprise." In Sung Oppa said on the other line.

"Hi, In Sung Oppa. Sorry to bother you but I just have teensy favor and I hope you can help me." I said, almost pleading. 

"Sure. What is it?"

"Oppa, Joong Ki's birthday is in two days and I'm planning to throw him a surprise party. But the thing is, I can't really escape from Joong Ki since he knows that my schedule is free today. Could you maybe ask him out to drink or something? I just really need him to be distracted while I plan and do all of this."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter