Chapter 25

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG JOONG KI

Last week of August 2022

 

I had the rest of day off after I came back home from a photoshoot in the morning. I plopped down on the sofa, dead tired as I lazily the television to atleast have some background noise in my otherwise eerily quiet house.

Hye Kyo is currently on set since she had a scheduled filming for today. It had been two weeks since we went to Daegu to visit my parents and that was the last time we were able to spend a whole day with each other. The two weeks that followed that were a surge of commitments and responsibilities that our jobs demanded from us. We were only able to spend a short period of time together whenever we had a schedule for Now We Are Breaking Up, but having matching schedules for the drama was also quite a rare occurence these days. 

I groaned. Feeling sluggishness overpower my body again. I definitely have a Song Hye Kyo deficiency.

I took out my phone to check if Hye Kyo had replied to my message from this morning asking if we should meet up at the park later tonight. Just a short meet up just so I can see her and recharge. I had been waiting and waiting for hours on end for her reply but none came. I knew she was busy but would was it really that hard to reply to a text for 3 seconds? 

I was about to send another text when my phone beeped. It was a message from Hye Kyo. 

Sure. See you later! I think you'll be very happy to see me today (:

What does she mean by that? I chuckled to myself. 

I quickly typed in a reply. What are you saying? I'm ALWAYS happy to see you. Can't wait! I miss you so much already!

I sighed as I tossed my phone on the couch as I sat properly, no longer expecting Hye Kyo to reply. 

Deciding that I should just probably nap it out to make time move faster so I can be with Hye Kyo already, I turned off the tv, groggily stood up, and headed towards my bedroom, crashing face first on my bed. Within seconds, I was knocked out in slumber.

 

It was about 6pm when I woke up from my phone ringing. My head was fuzzy since I slept like a log for 5 hours. I blindly reached for my phone and saw that it was a call from my manager. 

"Hello, hyung? Why?" I answered.

"Joong Ki! Joong Ki! Watch the KEnt News right now!"

"What? I just woke up." I said, rubbing my eyes. 

"I don't care! Go watch it right now! Or check your phone! Do either or whatever but just do it now!"

Hyung hung up as soon as he barked his orders at me to go watch or read the entertainment news. I never really did like reading about celebrity articles or watching celebrity news channels especially since Hye Kyo and Song Seung Heon's dating announcement a few months back. It may as well be classified as somewhat of a trauma. But something urgent must've happened for my manager to aske me to do something he knew I did not enjoy. 

Still half-asleep, I went on to my phone's browser to check the KEnt News headlines, just so I can finally figure out what my manager was talking about. 

Immediately, the headline, which was number 1 trending in the whole of Korea, plastered in front of my phone screen had me fully awake up in milliseconds. 

 

SONG HYE KYO AND SONG SEUNG HEON BREAK UP

 

I never opened a link much faster than I did with this one. 

I continued to read an article about the headline, my eyes going wide at every sentence.

 

Korean stars Song Seung Heon and Song Hye Kyo ended their relationship last May.

Song Seung Heon and Song Hye Kyo had confirmed their relationship last March 2022, it was reported that they had developed feelings for each other while they wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter