Chapter 31

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG JOONG KI

"Hyung, what did you talk about with Hye Kyo?" I asked. "I heard my name just when I was coming out of the bathroom, you know? I just didn't hear clearly what you said."

We were currently on our way to the set of Now, We Are Breaking Up. I had stayed the night at Hye Kyo's so my manager was annoyed when I informed him this morning that he can pick me up there instead of my house. I was a little worried while I took a shower, leaving Hye Kyo and Hyung alone. Not because he would hit on her, but because my manager would often vocalize how displeased he is with us dating again. And I didn't want him saying anything to her about it.

"It was nothing. I just apologized to her because you obviously burdened her by spending the night at her place. And by the way, are you the least bit not ashamed? Blatantly staying over and having me pick you up from there. Song Hye Kyo-ssi must be mortified with embarrassment." 

"She didn't seem like she was when you were talking to her. And besides, can't I sleep over at my girlfriend's house? Why is that so bad?" I replied.

"You know what that implies." My manager rolled his eyes at me for a moment then returned his focus on driving.

I can feel the heat spread on my face at the realization of what my manager was saying.

"We're adults. And we used to be married so really, that is already implied, even before." I mumbled in embarrassment. No matter how close I am to my manager, these personal things are still a bit of an awkward topic between us.

"I know all that, but atleast have some decency. Even if it's just for Hye Kyo-ssi's sake." My manager said.

I just nodded my head at him. When I didn't say anything in retort my manager continued.

"Also, can't you keep it in? Even just for a little bit? Dispatch is notorious these past weeks. They've been outing multiple celebrities that are secretly dating!"

"I doubt Dispatch would find out that Hye Kyo and I are doing it." I said, still feeling a bit shy at the topic but nonetheless continuing to blurt it all out to my manager.

"The hell? I was talking about keeping in your feelings for Song Hye Kyo. What in god's name are you thinking right now when I said to keep it in?!" My manager's eyes widened when he said this.

"Oh. I thought you were talking about my di--"

"Yah! Song Joong Ki! TMI!! Seriously, jinja!" My manager howled at me as he tried to control clear disdain from showing on his face.

"But you were the one who said--" He cut me off with a glare.

"Anyway!" He said, finally steering away from the topic. "Just be careful with your dates and outings with Hye Kyo-ssi. I'm guessing you don't want the public to know the two of you are seeing each other again through papparazzi photos and Dispatch."

"Yeah, we're being careful. Don't worry, Hyung." I replied. 

"By the way, GQ sent the final draft of your interview for approval last night. Do you think it's wise to let it go on the magazine unedited? You talked an awful lot about Hye Kyo-ssi." 

"Well, they did ask me about her and I was just answering the questions. I made extra sure not to slip up any information about the two of us dating, also I controlled my expressions better this time. I didn't even break out a smile whenever they mentioned her name." I said. "Even though I really wanted to."

My manager rolled his eyes at me once again. "You really are a fool in love."

I chuckled at what he said and nodded in agreement. "That, I am."

 

I was already on the drama set for 2 hours and had finished 3 scenes when Hye Kyo arrived. I was talking to the director when she came forward to greet us. Hye Kyo just gave me a passing smile when she said hello to me, to which I responded with a slight nod. I was aching to touch her but I stopped myself. Honestly, it had taken all my self control not to wrap my arms around her.

We had multiple sequences to shoot together, although none of them had us acting lovey dovey. Instead we were just doing sad and emotional scenes -- to my utmost displeasure. I still got to hug her during scenes in which Yoon Jae Guk is comforting Ha Young Eun, so I guess that's the bright side of it. 


It had been quite some time since we had matching filming schedules so I thought we would be able to chat and be in each other's presence but I didn't have time to sit down and interact with Hye Kyo at all since we were too busy. She was getting instructions on how fashion designers act during the styling and sewing montages while I had to be taught how to properly handle camera equipments for a more realistic protrayal of a fashion photographer. We've done this every single time we were shooting since having to live as our characters is one requirement needed for actors and actresses. We were also pressed for time since the shooting schedule has been moved up and we're now trying to finish off the remaining scenes to be shot in just a month. The finale scene was already done weeks ago so what was left for shooting were just filler sequences.

"Hey." My musing was disrupted by Hye Kyo taking a seat beside me on one of the chairs at the lounge area. 

"You seem to be deep in thought." She continued.

"Oh. I was just thinking how I'm supposed to carry this one and act sophisticated--like a real photographer." I said, pointing to the heavy camera by my side. 
"My arms are aching just by carrying it for a few seconds."

"I think you look like a real photographer every time." Hye Kyo chuckled, sipping her iced americano in one hand.

"Guess my acting has improved then." I replied, smiling a little.

Hye Kyo turned away from me, staring at the staff and crew who were currently preparing the scene.

"Hye Kyo.." I whispered.

"Hm?"

"Do you think we should make our dating public?" I asked carefully, watching her reaction.

She stopped mid sip and stared at me, her eyes wide.

It took her a few seconds to absorb what I said. "Is this really a conversation we should be having here?"

I shrugged. "Well, I'm just asking what you think about it."

She leaned back on her seat and sighed. "As much as it's been amazing to date secretly and enjoy the privacy of our relationship, it does bring me such anxiety every time I think that we're going to get busted anytime. So yeah, I think it'd be nice to admit to everyone that we're together again."

I can feel my smile widen. "Really?"

She nodded, returning my smile. "But."

"I hate buts." I groaned, bracing myself with the conditions that will obviously follow.

Hye Kyo just rolled her eyes at my w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter