Chapter 4

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG HYE KYO

I can feel the alcohol taking effect as my cheeks felt warmer than normal and as my senses heightened. 

Hyung Sik and Ah In who were whispering to each other just a few seconds ago, were now sitting down and standing up alternatively. They seemed tensed. 

I noticed the heavy air around us and wondered what the heck was going on. I suddenly remembered hearing the doors of the private room open. It must be why they're being so weird. Who came? Ah In's girl but not a girlfriend? 

After drinking what's remaining of the beer in my glass, I turned my head towards the door to see who the newcomer was. My eyes first landed on their feet, since I was sitting on the floor. 

They're big. Too big for a girl. It's a man then. I felt myself blink, feeling a surge of drunkenness go straight to my head. My eyes moved upward.

Jeans..he's wearing jeans.

My eyes move upwards once again to his torso. Wide frame...A namja (man) it is. Positive.

When my eyes finally landed on his face, it took me a whole minute before doing a double take. 

Is that.....?

"No. Impossible." I muttered to myself. 

"Noo..Noona." Ah In and Hyung Sik simultaneously said as they sat in front of me. 

"Yah. Ah In-ah, Hyung Sik-ah. Am I drunk?" I asked them, laughing a little. "I'm seeing an apparition of my husband...no, no, scratch that. My EX-husband." I said as I waved a finger at both of them. My thoughts were muddled and my vision hazed a little.

"Noona, that's not an apparition." Hyung Sik answered. 

"Noona, I wasn't able to tell Joong Ki Hyung that you were here. I'm sorry." Ah In apologized. 

"No, no. That's impossible. I'm just drunk" I laughed once again, taking the glass of soju and drinking it. I looked back at the person standing at the door frame, still frozen in place.

"Yah. Song Joong Ki's image, get away from here. I don't need to see you here too. Your apparitions is all over the place at my house already, just stay there. Don't follow me out of the house." I drunkenly said as I waved my hand, as if to shoo away the image of my ex-husband.

"Noona..." Hyung Sik exclaimed. "You're really drunk. I should take you home." 

"Yes, Hyung Sik is right. You should go home, Noona." Ah In agreed as he gathered my things.

I stood up abruptly. "No! The Queen says No. She's staying here and drinking and will have more fun. God knows I need to have fun. I'm too busy to have fun nowadays." 

"Noona!" Ah In exclaimed as he pulled me down to take a seat. I guess I was wobbling a little while I was on my feet. 

I looked over at the person, still there, unmoving by the door. 

"Hmp. Fine. You!" I pointed at the vision that looked like Song Joong Ki. "You can stay. Let me just take a nap and then I won't see you by then." I said as I closed my eyes and rested my head on my arms. 

"I hope I stop seeing visions of you by then..." I mumbled as I felt myself get pulled into a slumber.

 

SONG JOONG KI

I couldn't move my feet, and I couldn't will myself to look away. There was Song Hye Kyo, drunk as she can be, mumbling about me being an apparition. I wanted to laugh, to cry, to run away, to do anything! But my feet was frozen solid. I couldn't even move an inch while she talked and mumbled. I finally felt myself relax a little when she seemed to be taking a nap, probably from drinking too much. 

"Hyung. Sorry we weren't able to greet you immediately. Annyeonhaseyo, Joong Ki Hyung." Park Hyung Sik bowed along with Ah In's usual greeting of just nodding his head at me. 

I just gave the both of them a nod, still too surprised to even utter a word. 

I should leave. I should leave. I should leave. 

My brain repeated those words but my body didn't seem to be listening because I still couldn't move away from where I was standing.

"Hyung, I tried to tell you but you cut me off and immediately came here. It's not my fault, really. If anything it's yours." Ah In said to me. 

"I know, I'm sorry I should've listened to you talk over the phone. But...what are you doing here with Hye Kyo?" I asked.

"Hyung, you should probably close the door before someone else walks by and sees us here." Hyung Sik suggested. I figured he was right and decided to fully go inside the private room and shut the door behind me. I gingerly sat across where Hye Kyo was seated and faced the two men who were still being shifty. 

"Relax a little. She's out like a light. We've got a good 30 minutes before she wakes up again, fully sober this time. I honestly don't know how she does that." I said, chuckling a little.

"Ah. I see you still remember how Hye Kyo Noona is when she gets drunk." Ah In smirked at me. 

"I got divorced, not amnesia." I said, shaking my head at Ah In. "Anyway, answer my question."

"Hyung Sik and I were drinking, so we invited Hye Kyo Noona since she was free. Well, she wasn't exactly free, but she made time to come. Anyways, we were talking and drinking when you called. I tried to get Noona home before you came, but that plan obviously did not succeed." Ah In explained. 

"I can take Noona home right now." Hyung Sik offered as he stood up.

"It's fine. It'll be hard for you to wake her up and drag her to the car. And besides, a papparazzi shot of Song Hye Kyo drunk will not fare very well." I said to Hyung Sik, willing him to sit down once again.

"It's a good thing she's not acting cutesy. I don't think any one of us can handle that. It's just too much and too funny." I laughed at the memory of a few times that I've seen a drunk Song Hye Kyo, her full aegyo on display. 

"Oh. That happened already. And her calling herself "The Queen"? That's definitely a strong sign of how drunk she is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter