Chapter 36

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG HYE KYO

My hands were shaking as the plane landed on the tarmak of Incheon Airport. I wasn't able to sleep ever since Dispatch released my photos with Joong Ki. Hundreds of articles have been written as well, and many speculations online have been made. Joong Ki and I have yet to talk. I wasn't sure how to go on about what was happening right now that I couldn't bear to answer any of his calls. 

It was such an explosive news that the only positive thing out of it was that I was not in Korea when it happened, but knowing that Joong Ki was did not really make it any better. 

"Are you okay?" Manager Unnie asked. 

I nodded my head as I still did not have the confidence to lie out loud, knowing my real feelings in regards to the situation. 

"It's going to be okay, Hye Kyo." My manager said. "There's going to be loads of security at the arrival area. No one would be able to ask you questions or even get to you."

I only nodded in response once again. 

When we alighted the plane, I was silent and clad in a low cap and face mask as I walked the hallways of the airport. When I got through the doors of the arrival area, just as expected, there were loads of photographers and reporters on site, all shouting questions at me and clamouring to get near me. The security was thankfully resilient enough to block all of them. 

"Song Hye Kyo-ssi, is it true that you and Joong Ki-ssi are back together?

"Song Hye Kyo-ssi, do you have anything to say in regards to your Dispatch news?"

"Will you get married again?"

"Are you back together because you rekindled your romance during the drama?"

"Is this another publicity stunt because your drama is doing well in the ratings?"

"Why are you playing with your fans' feelings?"

I honestly wanted to cry at the questions being thrown to my face. Left and right was a camera flashing on my face, ready to snap a shot of my breaking down if ever it occured. I steeeled myself as Manager Unnie and the security personnels ushered me out of the airport. When we finally reached the car, that was when my resolve broke. I ended up crying all the way to the apartment I shared with Joong Ki. 

"Don't go out. Contact me when you need to. I'll be at the office sorting this out so just stay put for a while." Manager Unnie said. I nodded wordlessly and got on the elevator with all my things.

When I entered our apartment, Joong Ki was there at the front door, and almost immediately he pulled me in for a hug. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered against my ear. "My carelessness caused this mess."

"It's not your fault." I said as I shook my head. "If anything it's my fault for not wearing a face mask, that's why they got those photos." 

"It's no one's fault. Let's just say that." He said. 

"What do we do now?" I was full on crying and breaking down now. 

Joong Ki rubbed the back of my head as he consoled me. "It's going to be fine. Don't worry."

 

Three days passed with Joong Ki and I never leaving our house, and despite Joong Ki's continous reminder not to read the comments about us, there was far too many being made on my social media accounts for me to ignore. My instagram was riddled with both comments of hate and support and even my official fan page had many questioning the situation. 

Song-Song couple is back together again! Best news of my life! Even better than when they announced their marriage before!

Song-Song couple for life!!

Are they dating again? Why is Song Joong Ki entering and leaving Song Hye Kyo's house? And he's seen with her dog!

Song Hye Kyo really be dating her ex-husband just to rack up ratings LOLOLOLOLOL

Song Hye Kyo is dating her co-star again LOL is it her goal to date every actor she works with?

She keeps on dating everyone! I'm betting she seduced Joong Ki Oppa again. 

Is she going to get married to her ex-husband just so she does not end up as an old maid?

I knew it!!!!!! Ever since the photo at Cha Tae Hyun's party! I knew there was something fishy at their 'just friends' statement! How can ex husband and ex wife be just friends?????

Always supporting you, Song Hye Kyo Unnie! 

Hye Kyo Unnie and Joong Ki Oppa, fighting! Don't mind these haters!

Song Hye Kyo is an old ha ---

I didn't get to finish reading that last one as Joong Ki had grabbed my phone from my hand, but by basing it on the first few words, I was sure it was just another hate comment. 

"I told you not to go online." He sighed as he turned off my phone and tossed it aside. 

"I couldn't help it." 

"No phone for you from now on." 

"No! What if Unnie calls and --"

"Noona knows she can reach you through me. I'll message her to call me instead since you can't seem to stop yourself from checking what the public is saying about us online." He sighed again as he plopped on the couch next to me. 

I slumped back on my seat and laid my head on Joong Ki's shoulder. I had gone past the crying but I was still feeling very anxious and nervous with everything that's been going on. 

"Dispatch really got us huh?" I said mindlessly. "There was only two weeks left before we were going to make an announcement on our own terms. Why couldn't they wait? Why was there no heads up this time to our agencies before they released the photos? They used to do that before." 

"They know how explosive the news would be. They probably didn't want the story to be blocked." Joong Ki said as he held my hand. 

"I've been in this industry for more than twenty years, but I still don't get it." I sighed. "Why couldn't they just let us live in peace? Why does everyone need to know what we're doing during our personal time, who w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter