Chapter 34

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG HYE KYO

 

The first few days we spent in The Brando hotel was filled with doing lots of activities. Joong Ki was evidently excited by the fact that we had the freedom to do what we want without worrying about paparazzis or the other guests knowing who we were, that he ended up doing every single activity the resort offered, of course I was dragged into doing it too.

We did snorkeling, paddleboarding, kayaking, and scuba diving. We even participated in a few tours of the other islands that surrounded the lagoon. I was beyond exhausted at the end of each activity-filled day, but I was excited to join and accompany Joong Ki, thinking that this kind of vacation for us is very rare. I was happy to fully enjoy it for now, though I had to draw the line when Joong Ki asked me to go parasailing with him. I'm still not as keen to fly in the air with only a parachute like he was. 

On the night of the 21st, Joong Ki and I went to have dinner at one of the resort's restaurant. It was a simple 8-course dinner, made by the very skilled chefs of the resort. It was a very romantic meal, and once we were done Joong Ki had invited me to take a walk on the beach so we can wait for the clock to strike midnight. 

"This was a really nice break from everything that's going on in Seoul." I said to Joong Ki as his hand intertwined with mine. "Thank you so much for making this happen."

He smiled at me in return. "I'm just glad you're enjoying yourself." 

"I am." 

"So...your birthday is in a couple of minutes." He started. "The big 41."

I groaned slightly. "Don't remind me that I'm old."

"Well, you are." He teased. 

"Is that your gift for my birthday? To annoy me?" I frowned.

"Technically, it isn't your birthday yet."

"So what? You're going to spend the last few minutes before that making me mad?"

Joong Ki let out a chuckle. "Oh come on. You're not seriously going to get mad just because I mentioned your age? You barely even look a day over 20!"

I raised on eyebrow at him. "Is that supposed to be you smooth talking your way out of mentioning my age?"

"Is it working?" He laughed. 

"Yeah. Kinda." I chuckled. 

Joong Ki's grip on my hand tightened. "I'm glad to be with you on your birthday. I missed the last three of it, and I regret nothing more."

"Really?" I asked, a small smile playing on my lips. "You regret it even m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter