Chapter 40

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three years later...

 

SONG JOONG KI

It has been three years since Hye Kyo and I got married, but the bliss of it still stayed with me until now. 

We made great efforts to have our wedding held privately this time. We held it at a private resort's garden, which Hye Kyo picked out herself. The venue was covered in huge arches of flowers, mainly lily of the valleys, to obstruct any overhead view since we made it a point to make sure that no one would illegally record the ceremony through a camera drone like the last time. Though we do know that our fans were very curious of our wedding, so we released photos of the ceremony and the reception the day after, along with our pre-nuptial photos.

Kwang Soo had once again delivered a speech during our wedding, and even quipped about having enough practice writing a speech due to the fact that he has done it at my and Hye Kyo's previous wedding. I only shook my head at him while Hye Kyo and the rest of the guests laughed.

Ah In and Hyung Sik also delivered a speech, and had jokingly said -- though I think it wasn't a joke -- that they would be the first in line of people I would have to answer to if I ever hurt their precious Queen again. 

My parents, especially my mother, was crying the whole time. She had been so happy about my re-marriage to Hye Kyo that she could barely keep her tears in. My Father was looking over at me proudly as well, and had patted me on the back along with a congratulations. Hye Kyo's Mom, my ever loving and doting mother-in-law, only wished for me to take care of her daughter again, and had made me promise to make sure that I would stay with her this time through thick and thin. I had swore my life on it with her. 

I thought I had prepared myself well at the thought of Hye Kyo walking down the aisle, seeing as I've seen it before, but I was wrong. Seeing her in a fitted custom Vivienne Westwoond wedding gown that showed off her collarbones with the thin sleeves falling daintyly on her shoulders, had me choking in tears. She looked so beautiful and so full of glow that I could not help but cry. It was also that moment where I took the chance to thank the Gods for giving me another chance with this woman walking slowly towards me. Though Hye Kyo was already three months pregnant then, her bump was barely noticeable, though she had complained at the reception that her feet ached while wearing her heels since they had started swelling during her pregnancy. 

The day of our wedding was the best day of my life....or so I thought.

Six months later, Hye Kyo was rushed to a hospital in Seoul. I had been worried throughout her pregnancy due to the fact that her doctor had pointed out that it would be delicate and quite dangerous for her given her age. But thankfully, we had reached Hye Kyo's due date with no problems at all. And after a gruelling and nerve-wracking 6-hour labor, my wife had given birth to a healthy baby boy. 

I had cried endless tears when I held him in my arms, and I had thanked Hye Kyo profusely for making me a father. There were a lot of happy tears shed in the hospital room that day, and I couldn't be any more happier. This was it. The best day of my life. 

Hye Kyo had taken a hiatus from work, only continuing with a few endorsments that took only a little of her time, to focus on taking care of our son. I also took time off from work to help her and be with her, since it wasn't easy to care for a newborn. But a year into my hiatus, Hye Kyo had forced me to go back to acting again and had insisted that she could handle our son, since she had help from my mother and mother-in-law at most times. She complained that she sometimes felt like I was more of a baby than our son. So, I had no other choice but to go back to working. 

"You're going home?" My manager asked when he saw me changing out of the clothes my character wore in my new drama. "I thought the rest of the cast are going out for a drink? You're not going?"

I shook my head. "No. I want to go home."

"Ahh." He said with slight amusement. "Joong Ki Appa really is a homebody now." 

"Shup up." I grumbled. "I just miss my wife and my kid." 

"You always miss them."

"You won't understand, you don't have a wife and kid." I chuckled. "You're single."

"Yah!" He exclaimed in annoyance that only made me laugh more. "Just go home!"

"Gladly!" I said as I waved goodbye at him.

 

After we got married, Hye Kyo and I figured that the condominium we lived in was not suitable for raising a child, and we both wanted our son to have a huge yard to play on while growing up, so I decided to buy a house in Anyang which was only less than 30 minutes away from Seoul. Though the distance may seem short, it pained me to leave them on days that I have work, and the less than 30-minute drive seemed longer than it should be whenever I'm coming home to them. 

"I'm home." I called out the moment I stepped foot inside our house. I heard the soft patters of feet running, and soon enough my little 3 year-old boy appeared from the corner to greet me with no clothes on.

"Appa!" 

"Song Si Un!"

My son jumped into my arms and was grinning happily as he showered me with kisses. Ruby also came running after him and had given my leg a few enthusiastic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter