Chapter 14

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG HYE KYO

It was mid-day and I was finally done with my filming for the drama Remembering You. Having to shoot 25 episodes worth of drama in 4 months was beyond exhausting and I was glad that it finally ended. But I was also quite excited to see the finished output. 4 episodes have already been aired and the viewer ratings were impeccable. 

I stretched my arms as I finally changed into my personal clothes, exhaling in relief that I am officially done playing my character, Kim Ji Hyun. I had so many scenes that had me crying my eyes out, I felt like I needed a longer break than my usual to recuperate my tear ducts. 

"Already done?" Seung Heon Oppa asked as he appeared by my side. He still had a few more weeks of shooting left so my filming wrapped up earlier than his. 

"Yes, Oppa." I grinned.

"Are you that happy to be done? And here I am feeling sad that I will no longer have the chance to spend more time with you on set." He frowned. 

"You still see me outside of shooting too." I said. 

"Speaking of, I'm free for lunch. Want to grab some food?" He asked. 

"Sure." I nodded and walked with him towards the set food catering. 

We both sat down on the table with our trays of food. The people at the set knows that Seung Heon Oppa and I spend time together during breaks from filming so this was not something unusual for them to see. I also didn't feel unnerved to be sitting and talking to him outside of our dates since we usually cover it up as just co-stars hanging around during filming breaks. 

"Any plans for tonight?" He asked. 

I nodded. "I'm going to Tae Hyun Oppa's birthday party." 

"Oh. I'll be there too. Guess we'll see each other later." He said.

I just smiled at him as I ate.

"By the way, I heard Song Joong Ki-ssi is attending too. Will you be alright?" He asked. 

"Yeah. Joong Ki and I decided to be friends again." I simply said. 

"Really? When?" He seemed a little surprised. 

"During the reunion party for Descendants of the Sun a few months ago." I replied. 

"I saw that on the news. So that's what actually went on. I read a couple of ridiculous headlines and articles." He laughed. 

"They're all false anyways. Well, those that said we fought." I said. 

"Hm. Should I be jealous that you're friends again with Joong Ki-ssi?" He smiled teasingly.

I almost choked on my food. 

"I'm joking. As long as he's not a rival for your attention and affections of course." He smiled. 

"Oppa, jinja" I said, half glaring at him in jest. 

"Okay, I'll stop." He said as he laughed.

"Want to go together?" He asked after a while.

"My manager said she's going to drop me off instead. And you're still filming by the time the party starts anyways. We can just meet each other there." I said.

"Then can I drive you home after the party?" He asked, looking at me as he smiled.

"Sure, Oppa." I smiled back. 

"Ah! Jinja! I really want to finish shooting too so I can spend more time with you." He pouted. 

I laughed at his sudden outburst.

"Work hard, Oppa." I chuckled as I patted his arm. 

Seung Heon Oppa slid my hand from his arm and into his hand, holding it tight as he looked at me. I felt my cheeks blush at his actions.

We immediately broke off the momentary hand holding as a few of the staff members arrived at the catering area.   

"That was a close one." He laughed. 

"Oppa, seriously." I laughed along with him. 

 

I arrived at the event hall where Tae Hyun Oppa's private birthday party was being held at. As I walked in, I was greeted by a number of sunbaes from the entertainment industry. I also smiled and greeted them all back as I searched the room for Tae Hyun Oppa who I found sitting at the bar counter with some of his labelmates. 

"Happy birthday, Oppa!" I greeted him with a hug.

"Hye Kyo-ah! You came!" He grinned as he returned my hug.

"Of course, Oppa. Here, a gift." I said, handing over a paper bag and a bottle of aged wine. 

"Ah. My favorite. Thank you! But what's the other gift?" He asked.

"Oh that's not for you. That's for Soo Chan, Su Jin, and Tae Eun." I replied, pertaining to his kids. 

"Thanks for remembering the children. I'm sure they'll be glad to receive gifts from their favorite Imo (Aunt)" Tae Hyun Oppa grinned. 

I smiled as I looked over at people Tae Hyun hyung was sitting with a moment ago. 

It was Lim Ju Hwan, Park Bo Gum, and Jung So Min. Bo Gum walked over to me to greet me.

"Noona!" He said excitedly as he greeted me with a hug. "It's nice to see you again!" 

I had worked with Bo Gum for Encounter in 2018, we became close during the filming and became good friends even after Joong Ki and I divorced. 

"Bo Gum-ah! You're handsome as always!" I said to him. "How are you?" 

"I'm doing well, Noona. Your new drama is amazing! I'm watching it all the time." He said. 

"Thank you. I look forward to watching your new drama too." I replied.

Lim Ju Hwan and Jung So Min also greeted me with a bow as they walked towards me, to which I also bowed back. The two of them walked away after since Tae Hyun Oppa and Bo Gum were immersed in chatting with me.

"Come take a seat, Noona." Bo Gum said, leading me to an empty bar stool.

The three of us were chatting when Joong Ki walked over to us and greeted Tae Hyun Oppa a happy birthday and as he also handed his gift. 

He turned to me with a huge smile on his face.

"Hye Kyo-ah. How are you?" He greeted, giving me a hug. I proceeded to greet him as well with a smile.

After greeting Joong Ki, I noticed that Bo Gum had his mouth wide open while Tae Hyun Oppa was grinning from ear to ear.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Bo Gum exclaimed excitedly.

Joong Ki and I laughed at his reaction.

"Seriously, what?? Are you guys okay now?!" Bo Gum exclaimed, still with his mouth hanging wide open. 

"Yeah. We're getting married again." Joong Ki joked as it illicited another reaction from Bo Gum.

"WHAT?!" He exclaimed.

"Yah." I said, hitting Joong Ki on his arm.

"No, we're not. We're friends again." I said to Bo Gum.

"Really? Really?" Bo Gum asked repeatedly. Joong Ki and I laughed as we both nodded.

"Yah, Bo Gum-ah. I was surprised too when I heard from Joong Ki but not as surprised as you. Your reaction was hilarious." Tae Hyun Oppa said, patting Bo Gum on the back.

"But hyung! This is beyond surprising and amazing!" He cheered as he finally settled back on his seat.

"I know right? I never thought I'd see the day the two of them would become friends again, but I'm glad I did." Tae Hyun Oppa said as he smiled at Joong Ki and I.

"So, how did this happen?" Bo Gum asked. 

"We became friends during the reunion party a few months ago." Joong Ki answered.

"The party for Descendants of the Sun? So that's what happened! The news were telling all kinds of story so I figured I'd have to ask Joong Ki hyung for the truth, but I'm actually glad that instead of asking, I'm seeing it for myself." Bo Gum said excitedly.

"I feel like a broken record having to tell people one by one how we became friends again. Should we just release an announcement?" Joong Ki said to me. I just laughed at him, totally knowing what it feels like to repeat the story over and over again. 

As the four of us settled down to the seats next to the bar, we started chatting once again. 

"Are you done with your drama filming?" Joong Ki asked after a while.

"Yeah. I'm officially done today." I said as I sipped on my cocktail. 

"So your drinking ban was lifted?" He asked, eyeing my drink.

I laughed. "Yes. Finally." 

"Drinking ban? You're not allowed to drink?" Tae Hyun Oppa asked. 

"For a while. I went home drunk twice and my manager had a fit. Joong Ki was there too for one of those times." I said. 

"Oh! That night at the bar in Ga---." Tae Hyun Oppa's mouth was suddenly covered by Joong Ki's hand. 

"Yes, hyung. That night at the bar in Itaewon. Ah In's TMI." Joong Ki interjected as he widened his eyes at Tae Hyun Oppa. I looked at the two of them, confused. 

"Ah right. Right. Joong Ki told me about that." Tae Hyun Oppa said as Joong Ki released his hold on him. 

Joong Ki looked a little nervous as he changed the conversation, going on about the Bo Gum's new drama and asking Tae Hyun Oppa if he's planning to have another child to which Tae Hyun Oppa replied with a strong disdain.

"Yah. I'm nearing 50, I won't have another kid." 

We all laughed at what he said.

After a while, the party was in full swing as we left the bar to finally sit down at a table. Ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter